Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Well, it's good to hope but one must be a hard realist to get by in the real world.

Short of saying lift access security gates will never be installed at the ground level

lift waiting area of Linear Green blocks, the likelihood of that happening is 99.99% zero.

The reasons are multi-fold - I merely mentioned three of them.

The first two are due to practical actual situations.

The responses to the 1st litmus test easily kill the idea of lift access security gates.

The barricade gates will cause more impedance & inconvenience to Linear Greeners

& non-Linear Greeners than provide adequate security by restricting access by unauthorised

persons who can easily do the vertical climb. And they have a choice of two pathways!

Unless access to these two pathways are also secured & restricted.

The third reason is plainly obvious - Nothing in this world happens without $$$.

Edited by DSA

The wind is from the north. Units whose bedroom faces north and with unobstructed view, enjoy breezes all day & night. Don't even have to install air-con! That saves a tidy sum for holiday(s) overseas!

The wind is from the north. Units whose bedroom faces north and with unobstructed view, enjoy breezes all day & night. Don't even have to install air-con! That saves a tidy sum for holiday(s) overseas!

Currently it is very chilling windy as this is the north-east monsoon period. It will last till about end Jan - mid Feb and thereafter a hot 3 months.

Currently it is very chilling windy as this is the north-east monsoon period. It will last till about end Jan - mid Feb and thereafter a hot 3 months.

yah, now it is still windy, after the monsoon period is over, it will be hot and you will need all the fans and aircon....so enjoy it while it last.... :good:

It did happened...cos the Bedok HDB Technical officer came to my place to take a look @ my damp walls right after the meeting @ about 8pm. Based on his experience, looks like my unit is in pretty bad shape. He suggested to do a pressure test which neither my ID, nor HDB want to bear the costs!

Some pics of my damp walls (which I think you have to click into imageshack in order to see clearly!)

img3143dh2.th.jpg

img3141iy7.th.jpg

img3136xx8.th.jpg

Jovi dropped by this afternoon & confirmed no pipe leakage in my unit. However, she also cannot give a confirmed explanation on the damp walls. What's worse, some walls are turning moldy liao. Cannot imagine about those walls behind my built-in cabinets. Sighed!!!!!

• Like 1

Jovi dropped by this afternoon & confirmed no pipe leakage in my unit. However, she also cannot give a confirmed explanation on the damp walls. What's worse, some walls are turning moldy liao. Cannot imagine about those walls behind my built-in cabinets. Sighed!!!!!

yr wall damped.. my wall hairline crack twice at the same area(think some of us may have encountered.. ).. lagi sianz.. den the renovator came n explained to me due to the manufacture of the wall and the weather which i have some doubts.. no choice lo.. luckily they do for me la...

just saw a mediacorp celebrity filming at the newly opened wet market... not bad.. still gt some charms.. lol

which gahment department should we write to if we want to propose to them to construct a zebra crossing between LG and Shop&Save? confused.gif

way to go! :)

UPdates on the vulnerability of our gates:

The ans is our gate is ok to use..

According to JOVI, Mr Kor demo to the gate consultant and it can't be removed unless using power drill(on the rivets that hold our gates) not knocking off the pins(basically, any gates can be removed using power drill la).

On tue, Police rep, RC and HDB rep met up and concluded that the gate is fine but neber mentioned on the security issue. Guess this fall under the home team's responsibility.

As for the 5 break-in cases, 4 are disputes between owners n renovators, only 1 is by breaking in(saw lock not lifting gate) which results in losing 22k of stuffs...

End of story :)

Edited by yokoyoko

hi yokoyoko,

Thanks for updating on the break-in matters.

It mean that we need not solder the iron gate joints!

which gahment department should we write to if we want to propose to them to construct a zebra crossing between LG and Shop&Save? confused.gif

I think we also need a covered walkway to Shop N Save as well as towards DBS. If raining heavily, very jialat!!!

I think we also need a covered walkway to Shop N Save as well as towards DBS. If raining heavily, very jialat!!!

I had already emailed them on the zebra crossing. So based on People power, here's the direction: feedback@lta.gov.sg :notti: But just a note, they seldom build covered structures that span across roads.

I had already emailed them on the zebra crossing. So based on People power, here's the direction: feedback@lta.gov.sg :notti: But just a note, they seldom build covered structures that span across roads.

Is it? My side now all covered up leh.....think a few other Bedok North areas also covered.