Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I went to more than 10 id/contractors for quotation and they gave me a final quatation without even asking me to bring them to the site. And that is final once you sign on the dot.

Especially so for kitchen cabinet. It was quoted with a rought estimation. For my id/con. the only thing my id charge me extra is the kitchen cabinet. Other than that, all is the final quote.

But hey, if those still have not get the key, then how to bring you to see my flats right? Especially for those who source for id/con early.

In this case is, they want you to confirm and put a deposit before access the skin condition. Do you understand?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I visited Darwin office. The design concept i would sconsider is the best i had seen .. the workmanship is only so-so. what turn me off is i am not comfortable with the id ...arrogant i would say... dun listen to us and keep putting her ideas into us... fyi you have to confirm with them before they will do a site survey at your place.....

woh didnt know this thread spiralled this way, thus far, I have signed with them, seen their workmanship and I am quite comfortable no in fact very comfortable. No worries kk, if their not your cup of tea, there are plenty others around :D

cheers

In this case is, they want you to confirm and put a deposit before access the skin condition. Do you understand?

I understand what you mean from the very first post.

But what i'm trying to send across, do you understand?

If you don't understand what i mean and trying to say, nevermind.

Lets not go any further and end this here.

Otherwise it will never end

btw my replies are not targeted at your post or yourself. I'm posting on a general note.

Pls do not misunderstand

Edited by cruz

No offences, there might be miscommunication in our earlier posts.

Like you said, "if there is any variable, you have to take up cos you already agree and paid deposit."

So if the company tell you variable for this and that, means you have to bear the cost?

Hmmm okay...

Look at it this way, similar simple example ok. if you get what i mean.

You go for a facial package. They did not access your skin situation before they quote you a price for the package. You confirmed and paid the initial deposit for the package.

It is only after you confirm with them that you are taking the package, then they are going to access your skin condition.

Along the way, they tell you additional cost to this and that cos your skin is situation is more complicated than others. Thus extra treatment.

So you end up paying more than you expected based on the initial package price.

Wouldnt' it be better if they could access your condition first BEFORE they give you any price quote for the package.

At least you know how much you are expected to pay.

This what i meant.

Each to his own. Just sharing my 2cents worth.

I have no wish to cause any offence, if you disagree with my point of view, I will respect that.

And I will also respect your personal point of view on this matter.

Afterall this forum is for open sharing. Pls don't take it to heart.

cheers!

No offences, there might be miscommunication in our earlier posts.

Like you said, "if there is any variable, you have to take up cos you already agree and paid deposit."

So if the company tell you variable for this and that, means you have to bear the cost?

Hmmm okay...

Look at it this way, similar simple example ok. if you get what i mean.

You go for a facial package. They did not access your skin situation before they quote you a price for the package. You confirmed and paid the initial deposit for the package.

It is only after you confirm with them that you are taking the package, then they are going to access your skin condition.

Along the way, they tell you additional cost to this and that cos your skin is situation is more complicated than others. Thus extra treatment.

So you end up paying more than you expected based on the initial package price.

Wouldnt' it be better if they could access your condition first BEFORE they give you any price quote for the package.

At least you know how much you are expected to pay.

This what i meant.

Each to his own. Just sharing my 2cents worth.

I have no wish to cause any offence, if you disagree with my point of view, I will respect that.

And I will also respect your personal point of view on this matter.

Afterall this forum is for open sharing. Pls don't take it to heart.

cheers!

Edited by cruz

Have you ever given it a thought? If you are doing a FAIR LOT of work to your house...

How can an accurate quotation be given without first viewing the work site?

This way, a company can give a very low quote. When ur happy and sign on the dotted line, means confirmed.

Then they do a site survey. Then you realise that the actual costs exceeds the quotation by quite a fair bit. Cos the contractor tells you that this must add $$ that must add $$ after site visit. All these costs will fall under "Variable Order" section.

You realise that by then, it is no longer the cost that you thought it was. Its more now. You feel good?

Your home might not turn out to be exactly what you wanted. Simply cos there wasnt' a site survey done before you sign. Any contractor can hantam a low price to make you sign and confirm.

If you wanna sign such thing, pls make sure you read and ask about the TERMS & CONDITION.

If after you sign and decide to back out, there will usually be a penalty fee. If there isn't, then its GOOD.

Its like buying insurance plan from an agent... the agent MUST meet you first, then access your situation and budget. And also find out what you want instead of selling you what they think is good.

don't sign without knowing exactly what you will get.

I work for a ID renovation & construction firm.

My company does a site survery first before giving any quote, unless customer doesn't want us to visit the site. We will then inform the customer that it will only be a rough quotation. it will NOT be accurate.

We inform before hand.

I'm NOT promoting anything and also NOT pointing fingers here, I'm not in offensive mode.

but would just like to shed some light on this industry to those who are new. Don't silly silly get hooked up. Then regret your decision costing thousands of dollars and possibly your new home which ur gonna stay in for the next few years.

Anyone is welcomed to PM me for enquires or questions. I'll try my best to help answer your questions.

Cheers! Make peace

Do you understand what i meant in the first place?? And do you understand what is meant by confirm? Confirm meant i have to agree to the initial quotation by Darwin and pay the 10% deposit, it is only after that they are coming down to do the measurement/site survey. And if there is any variable, i have to take up cos i had already signed the contract and paid the deposit.

I had came across a number of ID firms that will to come down to do site survey, and re-do the initial quotation before any form of contracts are signed.

I visited Darwin office. The design concept i would sconsider is the best i had seen .. the workmanship is only so-so. what turn me off is i am not comfortable with the id ...arrogant i would say... dun listen to us and keep putting her ideas into us... fyi you have to confirm with them before they will do a site survey at your place.....

Have you ever given it a thought? If you are doing a FAIR LOT of work to your house...

How can an accurate quotation be given without first viewing the work site?

This way, a company can give a very low quote. When ur happy and sign on the dotted line, means confirmed.

Then they do a site survey. Then you realise that the actual costs exceeds the quotation by quite a fair bit. Cos the contractor tells you that this must add $$ that must add $$ after site visit. All these costs will fall under "Variable Order" section.

You realise that by then, it is no longer the cost that you thought it was. Its more now. You feel good?

Your home might not turn out to be exactly what you wanted. Simply cos there wasnt' a site survey done before you sign. Any contractor can hantam a low price to make you sign and confirm.

If you wanna sign such thing, pls make sure you read and ask about the TERMS & CONDITION.

If after you sign and decide to back out, there will usually be a penalty fee. If there isn't, then its GOOD.

Its like buying insurance plan from an agent... the agent MUST meet you first, then access your situation and budget. And also find out what you want instead of selling you what they think is good.

don't sign without knowing exactly what you will get.

I work for a ID renovation & construction firm.

My company does a site survery first before giving any quote, unless customer doesn't want us to visit the site. We will then inform the customer that it will only be a rough quotation. it will NOT be accurate.

We inform before hand.

I'm NOT promoting anything and also NOT pointing fingers here, I'm not in offensive mode.

but would just like to shed some light on this industry to those who are new. Don't silly silly get hooked up. Then regret your decision costing thousands of dollars and possibly your new home which ur gonna stay in for the next few years.

Anyone is welcomed to PM me for enquires or questions. I'll try my best to help answer your questions.

Cheers! Make peace

.. fyi you have to confirm with them before they will do a site survey at your place.....

Ya that wat happened to me...the ID or sale guy told me that he will know do a site visit after i confirm with them... lol which make me rather uncomfy that y didnt sign wif them...

Hi honeyclub,

can you pm me the ID who served you at darwin ? I saw their adv on paper and quite impress so intend to visit their showroom at Bendemeer next week.

Btw, I think your quote is very reasonable. I have received quote for my 3 room flat from other ID at above 30K for almost the same kind of work done.

yeap dropped you a PM. I'm shifting this to reno t-blog.

Hey sorry for late reply, was away for quite a while. Tomorrow heading to see my home as well as take a few pics, will post them for you folks. Sorry for the mass delay, thus far all tiling work is done, awaiting furniture next week as well as carpentry works to be done.

Cheerios :)

Hi honeyclub,

can you pm me the ID who served you at darwin ? I saw their adv on paper and quite impress so intend to visit their showroom at Bendemeer next week.

Btw, I think your quote is very reasonable. I have received quote for my 3 room flat from other ID at above 30K for almost the same kind of work done.

Bro, so far very happy with what they've offered. My ID is extremely willing to fit to our budget and ideas even though we kept changing and changing. As spoken will post pics tomorrow night.

Cheers!

hi honeyclub.. how did your reno went? :)

Hey sorry for late reply, was away for quite a while. Tomorrow heading to see my home as well as take a few pics, will post them for you folks. Sorry for the mass delay, thus far all tiling work is done, awaiting furniture next week as well as carpentry works to be done.

Cheerios :)