Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Do you understand what i meant in the first place?? And do you understand what is meant by confirm? Confirm meant i have to agree to the initial quotation by Darwin and pay the 10% deposit, it is only after that they are coming down to do the measurement/site survey. And if there is any variable, i have to take up cos i had already signed the contract and paid the deposit.

I had came across a number of ID firms that will to come down to do site survey, and re-do the initial quotation before any form of contracts are signed.

aiyo got bad experiences w dawin- snobbish , service low.

do safeguard own interest. some really cut throat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi everyone,

I just met up with Edmund @ the lavender showroom.

Was pretty satisfied with the way he handled things, especially when he was the only one so far to actually propose a decent layout for my kitchen..

i.e. there's a stupid beam protruding out somewhere in the middle of the length of the kitchen.

Based on the previous quotation i received from them, Darwin isn't that expensive compared to others..

Furthermore, there's currently free gifts of a rinnai hob/hood , 10ft long kitchen solid top and a panasonic system 3 non inverter.

Might actually sign up with them if the revised quote is good.

Good luck to everyone out there sourcing for IDs/contractors :D

Don't even think of hiring them. They are just coordinators. I end up doing my own design, sourcing of the materials for my kitchen. They use cheap materials and low standards of workmanship. I'm still facing problems with my kitchen. Sink leaks, water on the floor doesn't flow towards the drainage, drawers couldn't open properly, the selves bended, wood chipped off, etc, etc. Imagine paying almost S$20k for the crab!!! Hire Darwin and REGRET!!! Anyone have pay them a deposit? Lose it than regret!!!

its sad that ur post came in late...

my mother in law engaged them in nov for her 3rm resale flat...just kitchen n toilets n painting n some re-wiring...dats all..

i told the ID if he do a gd job i will engage him as well when i get my new hse...but....

for those monir job,it took them 2mths!!quality wise,was acceptable but lotsa flaws...acceptable coz we close one eye..

dissappointed coz when we engaged them,we told the ID,my mom in law needs to move in asap as her stuffs were placed in storage..we don't want to waste money to pay extra for the storage...

promise week aft week.. :(

so dissapointed...

now it's my turn...i will be getting a resale flat arnd apr...n of course no more DARWIN for us!

hey you can head to their main showroom at bendemeer rd the Luzerne S(339940) i'll PM you the chap that served me, nice guy and not pushy and I found out it's easier if you speak to him in hokkien :D

seems there is a balance of both good and bad comments, I guess at the end of the day, it really boils down to whether you get a 'sophiscated' sales or a 'SALES ONLY' sales serving you. But then again, like I said previously, I honestly do not know what is going to happen after I have signed on the dotted line.

I did get another quote from a contractor but it amounted to S$31K less GST. I was shocked... thanks for the advice though :)

Hey one thing is to get atleast 4-5 quotes to compare, it's gonna be tiring but it's one moment that you will enjoy with your significant one. I wish you all the best and do read the forums it's very helpful :)

Hi Honeyclub,

I bought a 3rm resale flat in clementi blk 3XX and looking for renovator too.

Agreed with your point abt the contractor quote is even higher. My experience is quote from Chew Interior is abt the same as the direct contractor i seek quote. I was totally shocked too. The most classic being direct contractor charge me $200 p.f.r for kitchen cabinet(not inclusive of solid top).

Anyway, if u can pm me the Darwin interior guy u sign ur deal with. maybe i would take a look.

Hi honeyclub,

Could you pm me your ID's contact?

Thanks alot.. : )

Hey guys, got my final quote from Darwin Interior after 3 long meetings. So far, the chap has been nice and yet to ask me for the $500 bucks. Not pushy but just kinda wary once the signatory is in, attitude and all changes. Anyhoos, here's the quote and comments please. :)

Abit untidy cause I just cut and paste :D Thanks!!

PROPOSE DESIGN OF RENOVATION FOR 4 ROOM APARTMENT AT

BLK 4XX CLEMENTI AVE SINGAPORE

New Flat Package Offer ( 5 )

$16,100.00

Design Service / Miscellaneous

Provide chemical washing for whole house flooring

Labour to alter existing main gate

HDB submission

Masonry Work

Lay homogenous tiles for living / dining c/w skirting

Lay homogenous tiles for 3 bedrooms c/w skirting

Construct cabinet base with tiles skirting (not needed minus $200.00)

Construct washing machine base with tiles finish

Construct fridge base with tiles finish

Construct shower kerb at master toilet.

Supply / lay ceramic flooring for kitchen c/w waterproofing

Ceiling Work

Supply / install design fibre plaster light box for living/dining

Supply / install design cornice for 3 bedrooms.

Supply / install false ceiling at foyer and bedroom entrance.

Plumbing Work

Replace stainless steel piping for whole house ( cold only )

Install inlet / outlet pipe for sink and washing machine

Supply/install 1 no. instant heater c/w 2 way tap for master toilet.

Supply/install 1 no. instant heater c/w 2 way tap for common toilet.

Provide labour for installing bathroom accessories for both toilets

Supply/install stainless steel double bowl sink and sink tap.

Painting Work

ICI paint for all internal wall and ceiling ( 5 color )

ICI paint for doors,frames,main gate and pipeline.

To revanish main door.

Aluminium Work

Supply/install aluminium design window grille for whole house ( 4 ft. ht silver or brozne ) (not needed minus $600.00)

( For bedroom 2 & 3 and kitchen area )

Wiring Work

To lay 6 nos. down light points for L-Box

Supply/install 6 nos. PLC lights for L - Box

Carpentry- Laminated Finish

To install 20 ft kitchen cabinet c/w stainless steel dish tray,handers,

drawers,post form worktop and ABS trimming.

Package-Total : $15,300.00

10% Discount : $(1,530.00)

Price After Discount : $13,770.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hacking And Masnory Works

Upgrade to laminate flooring for all bedrooms c/w skirting. F.O.C.

Cement screeding for all bedrooms( Done by HDB)

Upgrade to gloss homognous tiles c/w skirting for living/dining area. $300.00

Overlay existing both toilets wall with ceramic tiles. $2,200.00

Overlay existing both toilets floor tiles with non-slip homogenous tiles. $600.00

Overlay existing kitchen floor tiles with non-slip homogenous tiles. $1,000.00

Sand and Hauagle. $900.00

Sub-Total : $5,000.00

Kitchen Cabinet

Extra 2 ft laminate kitchen cabinet. $200.00

Supply/install 10ft. solid surface kitchen worktop. F.O.C.

Sub-Total : $200.00

Ceiling Work

Upgrade to false ceiling for living/dining area. $300.00

Upgrade from cornices to false ceiling for MBR. $300.00

Upgrade from cornices to false ceiling for bedroom 2 and 3. $400.00

Sub-Total : $1,000.00

Windows,Doors And Other Finishing Works.

Supply/install 2 nos. 10 mm frameless temperglass showerscreen for both toilets. $960.00

Supply/install wall paper on MBR headboard area. $1,200.00

Supply/install 2.5 ft. solid surface vanity top for master toilet. $350.00

Supply/install 2.5 ft. solid surface vanity top for common toilet. $350.00

Supply/install 1 no. 3.5 ft. clear temper glass swing door c/w force spring device at $800.00

kitchen area.

Supply/install 11 nos. downlight points (Will change to FOC) $385.00

Change from instant heater to install gallon heater. F.O.C.

Sub-Total : $4,045.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpentary Works

Fabricate/design 7 ft. full ht. aluminium sliding wardrobe wardrobe for MBR. $1,960.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft. suspended laminate cabinet for vanity area at master toilet. $250.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft light panel at master toilet vanity area. $250.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft. suspended laminate cabinet for vanity area at common toilet. $250.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft light panel at common toilet vanity area. $250.00

Fabricate/design 6 ft. full ht. laminate TV feature c/w shelving **** area. $1,200.00

Sub-Total : $4,160.00

Miscellanous Works.

Stainless steel backing at kitchen cabinet cooker area. F.O.C.

cooker hood and hob ( $ 1000 / = ) F.O.C.

Sub-Total : #REF!

Package Cost Summery & Total Amount

Resale Flat Package Offer ( 8 ) $13,770.00

Hacking And Masnory Works $5,000.00

Kitchen Cabinet $200.00

Ceiling Works $1,000.00

Windows,Doors And Other Finishing Works. $4,045.00

Carpentary Works $4,160.00

Miscellanous Works F.O.C.

Total Amount : $28,175.00

Discount : $(1,259.11)

Amount After Discount : $26,915.89

GST : $1,884.11

Final Amount Include GST: $28,800.00

It's up to you or anyone to believe the poor feedback posted. No one stop you from hiring these ID. I do not see the need to create numerous posting to gain trust on my genuinity. I must say, I'm really impressed with the amount of effort that you have put in as a Newbie.

I've worked with 2 IDs prior hiring Darwin. There tends to have hiccups. But all discuss and dissolved. With Darwin, it's my regret and the price is almost S$20k just for a kitchen.

As mentioned, the sink leaks and leaks badly and I realised that they did not seal the sink completely when they remove it entirely to rectify the problem. Barely a month, 1 door overlaps the other even I try to fix the hinge twice, 1 door couldn't close fully, 1 drawer could open completely, shelves starts to bend even I didn't place heavy stuff on them. When I wash my kitchen, the water flow against the drainage. I bought a spirit level and place it on the floor and true enough, the flow is incorrect. I even have to return the kitchen accessories with no refund when the carpenter couldn't figure out to how to install it and also given the wrong dimension. The door was fabricate wrongly and they stuff the gap with cement. Not to mentioned that they damaged my living room flooring and wall.

Anyway, it's up to you all to believe. I'm not here to stay but just to highlight. So choose wisely and carefully. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi coco2say,

Now that's helpful advice. At least it has taught me to factor in the water flow (directions) along the drainage during sinks/basins installations. Anyway, hope you'll get to rectify the problems and hey, it's always a learning experience yeah? Good luck to you too.

Cheers!

Well, let me put it this way. I'm considered a newbie here in this forum. Very very new to renovation stuff and all. How would you expect me to go about verifying claims that so-and-so IDs/Contractors aren't good.

Well, photos of workmanship for one would definitely help. Although neither do this forum actually encourages direct bad-mouthing of ID/contractor names or companies, it would certainly help the people reading your posts to agree with you if only you would just provide more information on how bad the renovation process went, how they scr*w*d up etc. IMHO, that's how you would help others to help you in return.

If you have actually gone through enough topics and posts here, you would have picked up by now that it would only make sense to question someone with no prior genuine topics/posts of their own whenever they start bad-mouthing here. I, for one, would start looking at their past posts/topics to gain a clue as to their legitimacy.

Now then...I wonder if "anyone with a brain" could only guess where I come from. LOL.

Cheers!

It's up to you or anyone to believe the poor feedback posted. No one stop you from hiring these ID. I do not see the need to create numerous posting to gain trust on my genuinity. I must say, I'm really impressed with the amount of effort that you have put in as a Newbie.

I've worked with 2 IDs prior hiring Darwin. There tends to have hiccups. But all discuss and dissolved. With Darwin, it's my regret and the price is almost S$20k just for a kitchen.

As mentioned, the sink leaks and leaks badly and I realised that they did not seal the sink completely when they remove it entirely to rectify the problem. Barely a month, 1 door overlaps the other even I try to fix the hinge twice, 1 door couldn't close fully, 1 drawer could open completely, shelves starts to bend even I didn't place heavy stuff on them. When I wash my kitchen, the water flow against the drainage. I bought a spirit level and place it on the floor and true enough, the flow is incorrect. I even have to return the kitchen accessories with no refund when the carpenter couldn't figure out to how to install it and also given the wrong dimension. The door was fabricate wrongly and they stuff the gap with cement. Not to mentioned that they damaged my living room flooring and wall.

Anyway, it's up to you all to believe. I'm not here to stay but just to highlight. So choose wisely and carefully. GOOD LUCK!!!

Well, let me put it this way. I'm considered a newbie here in this forum. Very very new to renovation stuff and all. How would you expect me to go about verifying claims that so-and-so IDs/Contractors aren't good.

Well, photos of workmanship for one would definitely help. Although neither do this forum actually encourages direct bad-mouthing of ID/contractor names or companies, it would certainly help the people reading your posts to agree with you if only you would just provide more information on how bad the renovation process went, how they scr*w*d up etc. IMHO, that's how you would help others to help you in return.

If you have actually gone through enough topics and posts here, you would have picked up by now that it would only make sense to question someone with no prior genuine topics/posts of their own whenever they start bad-mouthing here. I, for one, would start looking at their past posts/topics to gain a clue as to their legitimacy.

Now then...I wonder if "anyone with a brain" could only guess where I come from. LOL.

Cheers!

Really makes you wonder, doesn't it...as to why only n00bs would write their very FIRST post bad-mouthing somebody. Honestly, if you were a regular here and you'd honestly encountered a bad experience with some ID or contractor, then it would definitely be more convincing.

What's wrong with NON-regular sharing and warning people out there to beware of incompetence IDs? Why you so defensive? Anyone with a brain could simply guess where you coming from.

Really makes you wonder, doesn't it...as to why only n00bs would write their very FIRST post bad-mouthing somebody. Honestly, if you were a regular here and you'd honestly encountered a bad experience with some ID or contractor, then it would definitely be more convincing.

hi! i juz went to darwin juz now..

dun mind sharing ur id name?

many thks :)

Don't even think of hiring them. They are just coordinators. I end up doing my own design, sourcing of the materials for my kitchen. They use cheap materials and low standards of workmanship. I'm still facing problems with my kitchen. Sink leaks, water on the floor doesn't flow towards the drainage, drawers couldn't open properly, the selves bended, wood chipped off, etc, etc. Imagine paying almost S$20k for the crab!!! Hire Darwin and REGRET!!! Anyone have pay them a deposit? Lose it than regret!!!

I got a quote from Darwin. Yes I agree they are quite expensive.

The showroom @ bendemeer there is quite impressive but the ID who attended to us seemed pretty impatient to get us through it although I stopped to oohh and ahh a bit at some designs.

Perhaps its just the ID that attended to me, he was not inspiring or appear eager at all. He did his job of drawing the proposed floorplan and quotation, nice guy, but I felt he appeared a bit tired at the job. Not tired that day but tired of this job.

Bf said he looks like he is very new. Cos he didn't know which country the laminates (that he was proposing) were made in.

hi! i juz went to darwin juz now..

dun mind sharing ur id name?

many thks :)

I got a quote from Darwin. Yes I agree they are quite expensive.

The showroom @ bendemeer there is quite impressive but the ID who attended to us seemed pretty impatient to get us through it although I stopped to oohh and ahh a bit at some designs.

Perhaps its just the ID that attended to me, he was not inspiring or appear eager at all. He did his job of drawing the proposed floorplan and quotation, nice guy, but I felt he appeared a bit tired at the job. Not tired that day but tired of this job.

Bf said he looks like he is very new. Cos he didn't know which country the laminates (that he was proposing) were made in.