Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

end of the day, the material from every company is prob the same, it is the group of workers who come in to customise the small dimensions to get the cabinets to fit that make a difference.

for me, absolutely no regrets : )

Totally agree with deepakvali ....

Factory can produce the best workmanship. But end to the day, the way the worker transport and

assembled the unit really makes the difference ...

Actually check the modular unit upon arrival, very good condition.

However, the final assembly was not done properly. Had to get them down again to touch up again.

Some of these workers atitude was .... they laze around, chat ... but when they get to work,

they just rush the work ... After assemble, they laze around again ... as if trying to get overtime wages.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

was reading through this thread and thought it be good to give me thoughts on Darwin Interior.

years ago, i took up the 20ft kitchen cabinet only package for S$1k (estimate, cannot remember leow), initially having skeptism on the workmanship, quality and even on the price, like how could they offer this price to a customer who does nothing from them except cabinet, anyway went ahead with the deal.

it all turned out fine and great.....few years later, 20ft kitchen cabinet still standing and hanging. all hinges intact, laminates intact, nothing has degraded nor worn over these years, in fact, the dish rack provided is much better then what you can get from IKEA, at least the Stainless steel grade provided is sufficient to withstand the mild detergent residue, water stains and mainly no RUST.

end of the day, the material from every company is prob the same, it is the group of workers who come in to customise the small dimensions to get the cabinets to fit that make a difference.

for me, absolutely no regrets : )

Hi Pengz,

I am Michael Wong, Operations Manager from Darwin Interior. I trust that there maybe some misunderstanding between you and my staff, Andy. In Darwin Interior, we take pride in providing our customer the best service and at all times possible, meeting their needs. Therefore, can I suggest you to meet up with you in presence of Andy to clear the air?

Sincerely,

Michael Wong

Thanks michael. You got a PM.

Anyway, Darwin is a good company, but even the top companies in the world also got bad eggs. Andy is just one of them and I still believe Darwin is a good ID with fantastic workmanship. Keep it up!! :dancingqueen:

I met with one Andy person from Darwin and he really turns me off!!

No sense of design, anyhow quote (eg hacking of wall - S$680, touch-up after hacking - $450), and the best is always SIAM when spotted something wrong. And I haven't even sign on the contract yet!! (Thank God I didn't...)

Me: "Why your quotation got no door for my MBR? I hacked the walls liao so must quote for the door right??"

Andy: "Ermm...I thought you want to have open concept, no need door mah..."

See, a**hole want to siam also don't know how, MBR open concept??? BTW my MBR's door is facing the full-height windows in my living room...so wifey and me do business for all to see...?? *pengz*

Hi Pengz,

I am Michael Wong, Operations Manager from Darwin Interior. I trust that there maybe some misunderstanding between you and my staff, Andy. In Darwin Interior, we take pride in providing our customer the best service and at all times possible, meeting their needs. Therefore, can I suggest you to meet up with you in presence of Andy to clear the air?

Sincerely,

Michael Wong

yeap all in all.... it is better to sign with a company that has reputation and please to all new home owners... get one with radac. And i give you my 100% there will be problems along the way, its just how the ID will handle it. Get your cameras ready and document the process of renovation to cover ur behind. And hold on to the last 1000 you owe until you are truly satisfied with everything. As they say 50% upfront and 10% or so until completion. It is not complete until u say it is.

Darwin as I know, does in bulk volume, thats why they are able to give low rates and rebates.

But by far, Earnest interiors has the lowest number of complaints, other than the fact that they take quite a bit of time to respond, but thats due to the overwhelming amount of clients they have.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Junkay

My friend had used their service. But I personally don't like their hard sell tactic. Basically all those who serve customers in the frontline or so called IDs are actually salesman who do not know anything about designing. They will always give excuses that your design is no good or that type of tiles no good if you suggested to them other designs or materials you like. Basically they will try to make cheapo stuffs expensive rather than sell real expensive stuffs to u, so they can earn more commission.

I friend had just signed a package with and started work this month. It is too late to change anything (materials) if they want (Darwin had already got his money and will die die not change for you). Their salesperson Joseline Sim told them that ceramic tiles are better and cheaper than homo and with give them the best quality ceramic tiles. If they want to change to homo got to top up another few thousands :o I really do not belive what she told him and i purposely went back to look for another salesperson. This time a man. He told me there no such thing as high quality tiles and the price of ceramic and homo are almost the same. Only slightly abit higher. That Joseline must be laughing all the way to the bank now.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GO FOR CHEAPO ID OR CONTRACTORS SOMEMORE

CON BY "PROMOTION" OR PACKAGES SOMEMORE

My ID is Darwin Interior/Joseline and I have completed my 5 room flat renovation on end May’2007. I did lot of information gathering about requirements/estimated cost etc. before requesting for the quote from ID. Joseline gave me a detailed quote and renovation completed in a month time. Most important final bill is 23k within my budget.

Living/Dining/kitchen/store flooring– Homo tiles/Workmanship (very good)

Bed rooms – Burmese Teak strip long / Workmanship (good)

Kitchen Cabinet/Sink Support – Granite Top/ Workmanship (very good)

Wooden platform **** Hall – Burmese Teak strip (very good)

Wooden Door- Nyatoh/ Workmanship (very good)

Electrical - Installation/Workmanship (Good)

Bathroom Accessories - Installation/Workmanship (Good)

Aircon - Toshiba/workmanship (Very good)

Windows Grills- Aluminum/workmanship (Very good)

Painting - Workmanship (Excellent)

Finally, Sales Person - Friendly, experienced & trustworthy

Overall, I am happy about the work done by Darwin and excellent coordination work/quick completion with the quality.

Just some advise, first decide what you want to do and gather available info about it. Listen to what id/salesperson says then decide within you budget. Make a visit everyday/alternative day to your home during the renovation. (to monitor the progress/renovation work).

stop promoting yourself

My ID is Darwin Interior/Joseline and I have completed my 5 room flat renovation on end May’2007. I did lot of information gathering about requirements/estimated cost etc. before requesting for the quote from ID. Joseline gave me a detailed quote and renovation completed in a month time. Most important final bill is 23k within my budget.

Overall, I am happy about the work done by Darwin and excellent coordination work/quick completion with the quality.

Just some advise, first decide what you want to do and gather available info about it. Listen to what id/salesperson says then decide within you budget. Make a visit everyday/alternative day to your home during the renovation. (to monitor the progress/renovation work).

Hi,

I am amidst searching for the suitable ID company. I tried to get many detailed quotes but what I got is ridicoulos. The only one prompt and in detail quote I got so far is from Darwin interior/Joseline. So I've been giving it a thought if I should really go with them. I'd like anybody to comment on their workmanship/quality!?

I don't wan't to buy a package and I am pretty sure about what I want already. Furthermore don't care about the kitchen, we'll be doing the kitchen (open kitchen concept kitchen & dining) with a separate designer in which I have great confidence. So I won't need a lot of their design.

Just want to know how their workers are (will have a lot of haking)

Please let me know your thoughts, we'll be getting the key soon!

Thanks a lot!!