Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i'm going to engage darwin to do up my 3room resale flat. reason being they offered me the most competitive quote & the sales person was very experienced & honest.

eg there were stuff which i wanted but he strongly advised against it due to the high costs. he was highly recommended to me by a personal friend of mine as darwin renovated her flat - i've been to her flat & i was impressed.

:yamseng:

Hi could you pm me your id name and contact as I am considering them. Is he or she from balestier site or the other one?Thanks

Hmm..seems there's a good balance of both good and bad experiences from Darwin, anyhoos, here's my side of the story.

Met up with a chap named Eric from Darwin, so far, we have met him 3 times and thus far, both myself and my gf is pretty happy with the way he is handling and servicing us. I am in Sales as well so I was brutally honest with him and told him what I wanted, expected and needed. The fact of the matter was, he came back with a quote in under 1 week though, the initial quote looked very much like a 'cookie-cut' quote, I thought he deserved another chance by his seemingly postive attutide, so by the 3rd meeting, he got back also in under a week with a proper quote printed on paper with the company's letterhead. So far, with what I have requested from him, he has delivered and just to quote, he also sent me a copy of the quote via email on a weekend evening when I asked for it. Not only that he has yet to ask us to sign or pay the $500 deposit.

Overall, we are extremely delighted with the service but then again, once we've signed on the dotted lines and work commences, who's to tell what's going to happen. But I did share with him that if it's one-time business his looking for, I'll give him one-time attitude :) . Anyways, he was patient and chatty and I do appreciate his patience for being able to tolerate my straight-fowardness.

We are meeting him again on Friday but this time I am bringing my sister down to ensure the Ts&Cs are nailed down not just to protect the ID but us as well. My sister is drafting out the contract for us and as soon as she's done. I'll post the carbon copy here.

Cheers

Have you started on your renovation yet. Would like to hear more as I am considering engaging them too.

i'm going to engage darwin to do up my 3room resale flat. reason being they offered me the most competitive quote & the sales person was very experienced & honest.

eg there were stuff which i wanted but he strongly advised against it due to the high costs. he was highly recommended to me by a personal friend of mine as darwin renovated her flat - i've been to her flat & i was impressed.

Hi retchlow,

Can you share with me the name of your ID as I am considering Darwin Interior too. :)

Would you like to share the contract details? Omitting the personal info of course, so that other flat owners can protect themselves & their ids in the course of renovation of their homes.

thanks honey club, can you pm me the guy who served u for reference? keep us updated on the workmanship :)

hey, no problem we will be signing with them on Saturday. I will definitely keep you guys posted. :)

seem reasonable ....where is darwin interior....might want to drop by for a quote

cheers ;)

hey you can head to their main showroom at bendemeer rd the Luzerne S(339940) i'll PM you the chap that served me, nice guy and not pushy and I found out it's easier if you speak to him in hokkien :D

Also suggest you to do a search off this forum to see anymore comments about the ID :) before you commit.

seems there is a balance of both good and bad comments, I guess at the end of the day, it really boils down to whether you get a 'sophiscated' sales or a 'SALES ONLY' sales serving you. But then again, like I said previously, I honestly do not know what is going to happen after I have signed on the dotted line.

I did get another quote from a contractor but it amounted to S$31K less GST. I was shocked... thanks for the advice though :)

Hi bro,

Thanks for sharing. My flat at Bedok is also 87sqm => interior 85sqm.

I cannot comment on your quotations yet as I am just starting to do some scouting myself :)

Hey one thing is to get atleast 4-5 quotes to compare, it's gonna be tiring but it's one moment that you will enjoy with your significant one. I wish you all the best and do read the forums it's very helpful :)

Edited by honeyclub

Hi bro,

Thanks for sharing. My flat at Bedok is also 87sqm => interior 85sqm.

I cannot comment on your quotations yet as I am just starting to do some scouting myself :)

peeps do help to review if the prices are ok. Anyways, here's my floorplan, small flat at 85m²

floorplanmo5.th.jpg

Edited by honeyclub

Hey guys, got my final quote from Darwin Interior after 3 long meetings. So far, the chap has been nice and yet to ask me for the $500 bucks. Not pushy but just kinda wary once the signatory is in, attitude and all changes. Anyhoos, here's the quote and comments please. :)

Abit untidy cause I just cut and paste :D Thanks!!

PROPOSE DESIGN OF RENOVATION FOR 4 ROOM APARTMENT AT

BLK 4XX CLEMENTI AVE SINGAPORE

New Flat Package Offer ( 5 )

$16,100.00

Design Service / Miscellaneous

Provide chemical washing for whole house flooring

Labour to alter existing main gate

HDB submission

Masonry Work

Lay homogenous tiles for living / dining c/w skirting

Lay homogenous tiles for 3 bedrooms c/w skirting

Construct cabinet base with tiles skirting (not needed minus $200.00)

Construct washing machine base with tiles finish

Construct fridge base with tiles finish

Construct shower kerb at master toilet.

Supply / lay ceramic flooring for kitchen c/w waterproofing

Ceiling Work

Supply / install design fibre plaster light box for living/dining

Supply / install design cornice for 3 bedrooms.

Supply / install false ceiling at foyer and bedroom entrance.

Plumbing Work

Replace stainless steel piping for whole house ( cold only )

Install inlet / outlet pipe for sink and washing machine

Supply/install 1 no. instant heater c/w 2 way tap for master toilet.

Supply/install 1 no. instant heater c/w 2 way tap for common toilet.

Provide labour for installing bathroom accessories for both toilets

Supply/install stainless steel double bowl sink and sink tap.

Painting Work

ICI paint for all internal wall and ceiling ( 5 color )

ICI paint for doors,frames,main gate and pipeline.

To revanish main door.

Aluminium Work

Supply/install aluminium design window grille for whole house ( 4 ft. ht silver or brozne ) (not needed minus $600.00)

( For bedroom 2 & 3 and kitchen area )

Wiring Work

To lay 6 nos. down light points for L-Box

Supply/install 6 nos. PLC lights for L - Box

Carpentry- Laminated Finish

To install 20 ft kitchen cabinet c/w stainless steel dish tray,handers,

drawers,post form worktop and ABS trimming.

Package-Total : $15,300.00

10% Discount : $(1,530.00)

Price After Discount : $13,770.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hacking And Masnory Works

Upgrade to laminate flooring for all bedrooms c/w skirting. F.O.C.

Cement screeding for all bedrooms( Done by HDB)

Upgrade to gloss homognous tiles c/w skirting for living/dining area. $300.00

Overlay existing both toilets wall with ceramic tiles. $2,200.00

Overlay existing both toilets floor tiles with non-slip homogenous tiles. $600.00

Overlay existing kitchen floor tiles with non-slip homogenous tiles. $1,000.00

Sand and Hauagle. $900.00

Sub-Total : $5,000.00

Kitchen Cabinet

Extra 2 ft laminate kitchen cabinet. $200.00

Supply/install 10ft. solid surface kitchen worktop. F.O.C.

Sub-Total : $200.00

Ceiling Work

Upgrade to false ceiling for living/dining area. $300.00

Upgrade from cornices to false ceiling for MBR. $300.00

Upgrade from cornices to false ceiling for bedroom 2 and 3. $400.00

Sub-Total : $1,000.00

Windows,Doors And Other Finishing Works.

Supply/install 2 nos. 10 mm frameless temperglass showerscreen for both toilets. $960.00

Supply/install wall paper on MBR headboard area. $1,200.00

Supply/install 2.5 ft. solid surface vanity top for master toilet. $350.00

Supply/install 2.5 ft. solid surface vanity top for common toilet. $350.00

Supply/install 1 no. 3.5 ft. clear temper glass swing door c/w force spring device at $800.00

kitchen area.

Supply/install 11 nos. downlight points (Will change to FOC) $385.00

Change from instant heater to install gallon heater. F.O.C.

Sub-Total : $4,045.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpentary Works

Fabricate/design 7 ft. full ht. aluminium sliding wardrobe wardrobe for MBR. $1,960.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft. suspended laminate cabinet for vanity area at master toilet. $250.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft light panel at master toilet vanity area. $250.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft. suspended laminate cabinet for vanity area at common toilet. $250.00

Fabricate/design 2.5 ft light panel at common toilet vanity area. $250.00

Fabricate/design 6 ft. full ht. laminate TV feature c/w shelving **** area. $1,200.00

Sub-Total : $4,160.00

Miscellanous Works.

Stainless steel backing at kitchen cabinet cooker area. F.O.C.

cooker hood and hob ( $ 1000 / = ) F.O.C.

Sub-Total : #REF!

Package Cost Summery & Total Amount

Resale Flat Package Offer ( 8 ) $13,770.00

Hacking And Masnory Works $5,000.00

Kitchen Cabinet $200.00

Ceiling Works $1,000.00

Windows,Doors And Other Finishing Works. $4,045.00

Carpentary Works $4,160.00

Miscellanous Works F.O.C.

Total Amount : $28,175.00

Discount : $(1,259.11)

Amount After Discount : $26,915.89