Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

I'm interested but how do i know if my door is suitable for the installation?

I've checked in some shops selling them and they advise me that not all doors can be installed. What should i be concerned about and what should i look out for?

In addition, how can i request for more keycards for my lock ordered through you?

Sorry for the troubles but am trying to understand more. Hope someone can enlighten me.

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by benlauhh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Samsung models needs 8 batteries to last the lock for approx. 1 year.

regards,

redfit

I am using Samsung SHS-5120. It uses 4 batteries! :unsure: I had to open up the lock just to be sure of what you said (is incorrect)!

Edited by atlantis2267

Yah that's right. No physical keys with several other minor features.

Is it worth the price? It depends. for me it was.

A simple answer:

Between Gateman and Yale - Manufacturing costs is about the same. But selling and marketing expense is higher for Yale. If you have been in selling long enough - you will learn not to trust anybody who says to you that you should pay more than 50% for two virtually similar product. To put it bluntly - you been had.

Hi everyone,

am considering to get digital lock for home....any recommendations pls?

whats the best deal I can get for <$500, any online sales for it plus installation?

Thanks very much.

I have BRAND NEW Samsung SHS-6020 and a SHS-5120 with SLIGHT scratches on the front side due to shipping/handling. You can choose between the two units. My installer will install at your home on a Sat for $500 NETT (with 1 year warranty on parts). I will include 8 smartcards. Pay only if it fits your door. Anybody interested please call me at 98307788. Desmond

Before you get conned into paying more for a digital lock, understand this

A digital lock is a very simple device - much less complicated than a computer, or even your mobile phone.

If a lock installer with 10+ years experience is not good enough to install locks for you than I like to know what kind of qualification is needed. (certification by ASSA ABLOY - This is a joke - because a lock is not that complicated.

Most of my customers in this forum will testify that they no problem with understanding how the lock works - with English documentation.

I am very amused to see some salespeople going overboard to convince you to pay more for virtually the same product from the same company (V100 F100 and Yale YDM YDR etc are virtually the same) even roping in differences in warranty, installation, user guides etc. BLAH BLAH. The more you listen to these salespeople the more you pay. If you think rationally, between two similar products from the same company, the price should be about the same. Don't fall into the trap - An experienced salesperson is taught that if you fail to diferrentiate the product, then differentiate the company, services etc - all with the aim to justify a higher price. For a simple product like a lock, all this is superfluous. Most of the time, you don't ever need to call the company you bought from.

Focus on price and you will get great value. Don't get conned. Call me at 98307788 and I will gurarantee that you pay less that you need to and you don't have to wait for a 50% discount from an inflated price list and wait for the moment of a condo purchase - what a lot of nonsense.

In Korea, Gateman deliberately exclude the override key for a very simple reason - If you ever lose the keys, you compromised the lock. This fear of a lock failure is played up by the same salesperson. If you ever think that this lock will fail, you should not be buying it.

Regards

Desmond 98307788

i have to been waiting for Yale $1188 to drop their price since last June.

no doubt Yale is the leading Lock brand & blah blah blah... their digital lock seems to be very very ex!!

can sm1 tell me y r they so ex??

Alantis, pls, i knw u go lots to tell abt gatemen, samsung & world is flat...

8EEE5FBB-4F9C-4AE3-A10A-BA1B69440102.jpg

Simple reason

Why the price is so high. answer: Shop rentals, Channel (lockshop) margins, office overheads, salesperson commission, and the businessman's desire to earn excessive profit.

Before you get conned into paying more for a digital lock, understand this

A digital lock is a very simple device - much less complicated than a computer, or even your mobile phone.

If a lock installer with 10+ years experience is not good enough to install locks for you than I like to know what kind of qualification is needed. (certification by ASSA ABLOY - This is a joke - because a lock is not that complicated.

Most of my customers in this forum will testify that they no problem with understanding how the lock works - with English documentation.

I am very amused to see some salespeople going overboard to convince you to pay more for virtually the same product from the same company (V100 F100 and Yale YDM YDR etc are virtually the same) even roping in differences in warranty, installation, user guides etc. BLAH BLAH. The more you listen to these salespeople the more you pay. If you think rationally, between two similar products from the same company, the price should be about the same. Don't fall into the trap - An experienced salesperson is taught that if you fail to diferrentiate the product, then differentiate the company, services etc - all with the aim to justify a higher price. For a simple product like a lock, all this is superfluous. Most of the time, you don't ever need to call the company you bought from.

Focus on price and you will get great value. Don't get conned. Call me at 98307788 and I will gurarantee that you pay less that you need to and you don't have to wait for a 50% discount from an inflated price list and wait for the moment of a condo purchase - what a lot of nonsense.

In Korea, Gateman deliberately exclude the override key for a very simple reason - If you ever lose the keys, you compromised the lock. This fear of a lock failure is played up by the same salesperson. If you ever think that this lock will fail, you should not be buying it.

Regards

Desmond 98307788

Hi Desmond,

May i know then what are your prices and for which models you carry? I think most of us would be interested to know.

Thanks!

Hi, juz went to courts megastore today & they have this "digital lock" sale near the entrance, beside da DBS ATM. Saw da price of gateman f100... $1.4K!!! I got mine from Desmond @ almost half dat price, wif remote! Til' now, no probs wif my f100 except dat sweaty fingerprints do have some probs detecting. Anyway, I never regret gettin from Desmond. (I'm in no way related to him ah)

I am using Samsung SHS-5120. It uses 4 batteries! :unsure: I had to open up the lock just to be sure of what you said (is incorrect)!

Yale Gateman 4 batts will last for for approx 1 year if you open the door 10 times day.

SHS-5120 will need 8 batteries for the same duration. You can use 4 batteries, but the duration will be cut in half. You mean to say the sales person who sold you this product did not mention this to you? :rolleyes:

OK guys as promised. I am listing the main differences between Yale Gateman, Samung and Gateman for everybody's info. Just in-case you get misled into there is no difference in Gateman or Yale Gateman. Gateman V100 is actually wider and flat-er then YDM3109. YDM3109 is slimmer but is thicker becos of the over-ride key function. To me, YDM3109 is slim and sleek, while the V100 is fat and flat. :D

Mechanical Key Override

Yale Gateman YDM3109 Yes

Gateman V100 NO

Samsung SHS-5120 Yes

Battery Life (Approx) w 4 batteries

YDM3109 1 year

V100 1 year

SHS-5120 5-6 mths (1 year with 8 batteris)

Mortice

YDM3109 Stainless Steel German Type Mortice (PSB Certified, fit all doors)

V100 Koren Type Mortice (Smaller may not fit some doors)

SHS-5120 Korean Type Mortice (Smaller may not fit some doors)

Warranty

YDM3109 Provided by Brand Owner, ASSA ABLOY Singapore

V100 Only if you purchase from Authorize Agent Eurolite, any other source are Parallel Importers - RISKY!!

SHS-5120 Only if you purchase from Authorize Agent Hanman, or Hanman appointed dealers. any other source are Parallel Importers - RISKY!!

There are just too many reasons we rather buy from Authorized Agent instead of Parallel Importers, just like we will buy Nokia Phones with local warranty. Will you buy a Nokia from a parallel importer who claim that they will provide warranty for 1 year? Your warranty will simply depend on how long the parallel importers can substain this business.

Edited by lockslocks

Hi, juz went to courts megastore today & they have this "digital lock" sale near the entrance, beside da DBS ATM. Saw da price of gateman f100... $1.4K!!! I got mine from Desmond @ almost half dat price, wif remote! Til' now, no probs wif my f100 except dat sweaty fingerprints do have some probs detecting. Anyway, I never regret gettin from Desmond. (I'm in no way related to him ah)

I am sure you would have chose YDM4109 if the price was $720. :dancingqueen:

I'm interested but how do i know if my door is suitable for the installation?

I've checked in some shops selling them and they advise me that not all doors can be installed. What should i be concerned about and what should i look out for?

In addition, how can i request for more keycards for my lock ordered through you?

Sorry for the troubles but am trying to understand more. Hope someone can enlighten me.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello benlauhh,

Yes, Korean Standard mortice is not suitable for some doors. They are actually half the size of most existing locks. I am 100% sure the Yale Gateman can fit in as they are using the German Standard Mortice (Din Standard which is common here in Singapore).

You can order additional CardKey from me as well! Original Yale Card Key with logo and printing. Not the ugly OEM White Card that other dealers provide.

Price when ordering together with the lock is $5.00

Edited by lockslocks

Hi

This is my door...

Photo0370.jpg

Can fit?

Can also be use on the wrought iron gate?

Hi wcseow,

I will suggest you get a Rim type lock (no lever handle type), eg the Gateman V10 or F10, or Yale YDR2105, if you need manual key override. Becos ur door already has a Pull Handle, adding a digital lock with another lever handle looks weird to me. Unfortunately I do not have lobang for Rim type for Yale, but I believe they are selling it for $498 with installation.

Most of the digital door lock here comes with panic escape function (Fire Safety Regulation). The handle from the inside of the door will unlock the lock, when you swing the lever down. Therefore installing it on a metal gate will serve no purpose. Hopes this make sense to you. :)