Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

In Korea, they have over 150 dealers waiting to serve 24/7 in case the lock fails. Wat type of after sales service does this PI provides? Even established phone makers, lcd makers and all other electronics will fail sometimes, we will still purcahse them becos we know the Authorized Dealers will be responsible for their products.

Don't get conned by dealers claiming V100 = YDM3109, F100 = YDM4109. I have listed the differences above. You can clearly see who is the con man here trying to misled the buyers. Why save $30 -$50 and buy a product that won't put your mind at ease? Hurry my kang-tao price is valid till Mid April only!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi wcseow,

I will suggest you get a Rim type lock (no lever handle type), eg the Gateman V10 or F10, or Yale YDR2105, if you need manual key override. Becos ur door already has a Pull Handle, adding a digital lock with another lever handle looks weird to me. Unfortunately I do not have lobang for Rim type for Yale, but I believe they are selling it for $498 with installation.

Most of the digital door lock here comes with panic escape function (Fire Safety Regulation). The handle from the inside of the door will unlock the lock, when you swing the lever down. Therefore installing it on a metal gate will serve no purpose. Hopes this make sense to you. :)

Hi

Thanks for the explanation and advise. One of the reason I am looking for digital lock is that my mum has problems turning keys...:)

1. One way of overcome the handle is to remove it and cover it with something nice..:)...but I still need to check whether the handle will be too low...Thanks for the heads up

2. I guess u mean that some1 could put the hand through the gates and turn the level down to open the gate?....

:bangwall: :bangwall:

Lol...I get better advise here than talking to salesman in the shop!!!!>.....

OK guys as promised. I am listing the main differences between Yale Gateman, Samung and Gateman for everybody's info. Just in-case you get misled into there is no difference in Gateman or Yale Gateman. Gateman V100 is actually wider and flat-er then YDM3109. YDM3109 is slimmer but is thicker becos of the over-ride key function. To me, YDM3109 is slim and sleek, while the V100 is fat and flat. :D

Mechanical Key Override

Yale Gateman YDM3109 Yes

Gateman V100 NO

Samsung SHS-5120 Yes

Battery Life (Approx) w 4 batteries

YDM3109 1 year

V100 1 year

SHS-5120 5-6 mths (1 year with 8 batteris)

Mortice

YDM3109 Stainless Steel German Type Mortice (PSB Certified, fit all doors)

V100 Koren Type Mortice (Smaller may not fit some doors)

SHS-5120 Korean Type Mortice (Smaller may not fit some doors)

Warranty

YDM3109 Provided by Brand Owner, ASSA ABLOY Singapore

V100 Only if you purchase from Authorize Agent Eurolite, any other source are Parallel Importers - RISKY!!

SHS-5120 Only if you purchase from Authorize Agent Hanman, or Hanman appointed dealers. any other source are Parallel Importers - RISKY!!

There are just too many reasons we rather buy from Authorized Agent instead of Parallel Importers, just like we will buy Nokia Phones with local warranty. Will you buy a Nokia from a parallel importer who claim that they will provide warranty for 1 year? Your warranty will simply depend on how long the parallel importers can substain this business.

i ordered the gateman F100 in the first GB .. but when the guys came for installation, notice that my existing lock mortise is too wide for the F100, thus LPPL cannot install ...

since you say the YDM3109/4109 uses the "standard size" mortise that fits all doors, i might be interested .. dimension of my existing mortise is approx. 3.2cm x 20.5cm

do you have pay only if it fits policy? if so i will be interested with the YDM4109 ..

Edited by firestarter

Hi, was thinking of getting a digital fingerprint lock also. As my door got handle, looking at something similar to Gateman F10. Anyone got gd lobang or any group buy. Thanks

Hello ejzoen,

Interested to get the Yale Gateman YDM3109, or YDM4109 @ almost 50% of the price you have posted? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/paint.gif)

YDM3109 $680 include install & GST

YDM4109 $720 include install & GST

My bro company is working on a condo project and is getting these models @ project price from ASSA ABLOY Singapore. He can order extra, and can guarantee they will be warranty by them. The ebay sellers are probably parallel importers and I doubt they can provide the type of warranty ASSA ABLOY provide. For others who are keen, please list your name below, the TOP for the project is in Mid April, I will be able to arrange for this special price till then.

1. Victor, interested to install YDM4109

2. Shannon, interested in YDM3109 (but installing in late April)

3. Firestarter (YDM4109)

For what its worth, installation will be done by the appointed installer by ASSA ABLOY and not some Chi-na part-time installer. The mechanical key will come in handy in case of electronic failure, imagine being lock outside your door in the middle of the night (Most locksmiths will have knife sharpen for you!). The F100 or V100 do not have override keys as in Korea, they have a FOC 24 hrs standby service in case of their lock fails. FYI, Gateman models are meant for Korean domestic models, which explains the small Korean type mortice they use, and the Korean Languages in the instruction manual. There are alot of features for F100, I am sure everyone will want to fully utilize them!

Yale Gateman is using the German type Stainless Steel Mortice, they have also sent their lock to local PSB for certification to assure owners of their product reliability, and to be use on Fire rated doors.

Samsung models needs 8 batteries to last the lock for approx. 1 year. Gateman and Yale Gateman needs only 4 batteries. I will work out a comparison chart for all to compare. I am sure now with this special price, the choice is simple.

regards,

redfit

i ordered the gateman F100 in the first GB .. but when the guys came for installation, notice that my existing lock mortise is too wide for the F100, thus LPPL cannot install ...

since you say the YDM3109/4109 uses the "standard size" mortise that fits all doors, i might be interested .. dimension of my existing mortise is approx. 3.2cm x 20.5cm

do you have pay only if it fits policy? if so i will be interested with the YDM4109 ..

Hi firestarter,

Yes, please pm me with ur contact details.

Hi

Thanks for the explanation and advise. One of the reason I am looking for digital lock is that my mum has problems turning keys...:)

1. One way of overcome the handle is to remove it and cover it with something nice..:)...but I still need to check whether the handle will be too low...Thanks for the heads up

2. I guess u mean that some1 could put the hand through the gates and turn the level down to open the gate?....

:bangwall: :bangwall:

Lol...I get better advise here than talking to salesman in the shop!!!!>.....

1. You can buy nice cover to cover the screw holes of the PULL HANDLE if you decide to remove them. Else I can ask the installer to patch up the hole with some putty. Will do the removal FOC for you during installation. :) Actually the screw hole is just abt 2mm, patching will not be obvious. As long as the handles are about 1m from the ground, it is standard in the market.

2. Yes you are absolutely right.

Edited by lockslocks

firestarter has just installed the Yale YDM4109 last weekend. His exisitng lock is using the American Mortice. (Trust this is the largest motrice in the market). My installer had converted it with no problem. Anymore takers?

Hello ejzoen,

Interested to get the Yale Gateman YDM3109, or YDM4109 @ almost 50% of the price you have posted? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/paint.gif)

YDM3109 $680 include install & GST

YDM4109 $720 include install & GST

My bro company is working on a condo project and is getting these models @ project price from ASSA ABLOY Singapore. He can order extra, and can guarantee they will be warranty by them. The ebay sellers are probably parallel importers and I doubt they can provide the type of warranty ASSA ABLOY provide. For others who are keen, please list your name below, the TOP for the project is in Mid April, I will be able to arrange for this special price till then.

1. Victor, interested to install YDM4109

2. Shannon, interested in YDM3109 (but installing in late April)

3. Firestarter (YDM4109)

4. KC76 (YDM4109) (To be installed in Early Apr)

For what its worth, installation will be done by the appointed installer by ASSA ABLOY and not some Chi-na part-time installer. The mechanical key will come in handy in case of electronic failure, imagine being lock outside your door in the middle of the night (Most locksmiths will have knife sharpen for you!). The F100 or V100 do not have override keys as in Korea, they have a FOC 24 hrs standby service in case of their lock fails. FYI, Gateman models are meant for Korean domestic models, which explains the small Korean type mortice they use, and the Korean Languages in the instruction manual. There are alot of features for F100, I am sure everyone will want to fully utilize them!

Yale Gateman is using the German type Stainless Steel Mortice, they have also sent their lock to local PSB for certification to assure owners of their product reliability, and to be use on Fire rated doors.

Samsung models needs 8 batteries to last the lock for approx. 1 year. Gateman and Yale Gateman needs only 4 batteries. I will work out a comparison chart for all to compare. I am sure now with this special price, the choice is simple.

regards,

redfit

Hello Guys, Offer will last till Wednesday 31st March only. Hurry and make up your mind now. Confirmed parties I will contact you to collect your sets this weekend.

Hello Guys, Offer will last till Wednesday 31st March only. Hurry and make up your mind now. Confirmed parties I will contact you to collect your sets this weekend.

Hi,

Can I reserve now but install mid Apr 2010?

Bro, I am interested in getting the YALE YDR3108 RFiD as my main door will have 2 long bars, wife like the 2 long bars, how much and also install sometime apr or may, can pay and collect door set first and install later? Let me know at 93690833, thanks

Hi lockslocks

For me, will not go through the purchase this time round. Still need to work out the door/gate combi and issue...lol

Many thanks for the queries u have answered.