Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

gkbt:

i am using a Mavello. Most times, the water tastes like normal water. On lesser occasions, the water tastes very nice and sweet. Would you know why, and should the water taste sweet? Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

gkbt:

i am using a Mavello. Most times, the water tastes like normal water. On lesser occasions, the water tastes very nice and sweet. Would you know why, and should the water taste sweet? Thanks!

HI Honeygal,

I think this is a personal experience. I personally experience it only once while my wife tells me its most of the time.

One of my friend told me its due to the condition on the body that leads to the taste of the water. I believe there is some truth in it but there should be some more explaination to it.

Hope that helps!

Hi Mike,

Do drop me a message here cos its easier to check.

Btw just an update, the filter price from Kemp Trading is increasing by next month. If anyone is using their systems do buy before the increase.

Got some spare for myself too. :)

Cheers!

In reading so many informative posts, I realize I have a lot to learn about water filtration and more recently, ionizing.

Has anyone heard of the brand Drinkstar Alkaline Ioniser Water Filtration system? And what do you think of it?

Hi Mike,

I believe drinkstar originate from malaysia.

I did chance upon it in the east sometime ago. apparantly they are doing oem for all kinds of systems, from filter to distillers and anything else in between. I do not think they are manufacturers (Correct me if I am wrong). Price wise, i think they are quite competitive as they remove the actual brand and replace it with their own, but I am not sure their longetivity though.

As for the Mavello system, I used it previsously (for 4 years) and if my kitchen allowed (due to space constraint) I would have still used it. Now its with my MIL and its still working after 6 years and not 1 single problem.

I am not sure about Kemp online purchases but do give them a call and they will help u through.

The water ionizer will have 2 water streams that will simutaneously flow together as it breaks up the water and mineras in to alkaline antioxidant water stream and acidic oxidizing water stream.

Considering if you are purchasing for overseas use and there is no support in that particular country, the mavello should suit you fine (based on my experience so far.)

Cheers!

Hi Mike,

I believe drinkstar originate from malaysia.

I did chance upon it in the east sometime ago. apparantly they are doing oem for all kinds of systems, from filter to distillers and anything else in between. I do not think they are manufacturers (Correct me if I am wrong). Price wise, i think they are quite competitive as they remove the actual brand and replace it with their own, but I am not sure their longetivity though.

As for the Mavello system, I used it previsously (for 4 years) and if my kitchen allowed (due to space constraint) I would have still used it. Now its with my MIL and its still working after 6 years and not 1 single problem.

I am not sure about Kemp online purchases but do give them a call and they will help u through.

The water ionizer will have 2 water streams that will simutaneously flow together as it breaks up the water and mineras in to alkaline antioxidant water stream and acidic oxidizing water stream.

Considering if you are purchasing for overseas use and there is no support in that particular country, the mavello should suit you fine (based on my experience so far.)

Cheers!

Thanks gkbt, yes it is indeed from Malaysia. They are offering the outdoor water filtration system for $969 for the stainless steel type with 42 litres/min flowrate. They say that all they need to do is to change out the gravels every 5 years.

As for the indoor water filtration, I contacted Kemp and they have been very helpful. I am now considering the Mavello JP101MX that they are selling for $1,688. I asked a few technical queries and I hope they can educate a little. By the way, did you mean that the two streams will exit the system simultaneously and that one stream will be utilized (washing, drinking etc) while the other stream will just be drained?

Kemp also recommended to change the filter for the ionizer unit from 0.01M to 0.1M type due to the poorer water quality at my location. Otherwise, it keeps on clogging up. What is your opinion?

Hi Mike,

Sorry think the forum was having some issue with posting.....

Water ionizers work by the principal of splitting up the minerals and water into ionic forms which will then be easier to absorb into our body (we are essentially "ionic charged" people think MATRIX the movie)

For that to happen two streams of water will be produced from the system. One will be alkaline (adjustable to higher or lower concentration) while the other acidic (tagged along with the alkaline selection ie the more alkaline = the more acidic) Volume is roughly 2/3 alkaline and 1/3 acidic

I always insist on 0.01M to be safer, however if the clogging issue is major then a prefilter will be necessary.

Hope that helps!

Edited by gkbt

Anyone heard OR used " INSTAPURE" water filter?? :rolleyes:

http://www.duro.com.sg

A very simple filter system attached to the tap.

Does not indicate how fine the filter is though. I always insist on a 0.01M filtration minimum to get rid of unwanted stuff.

Cheers

I used InstaPur in the past, before I "upgraded" to Cleansui.

It's just faucet attachment at the end of your tap, filtration medium is charcoal.

Thanks gkbt for all the informative input. It has thus set me to check out the Jupiter system. I have a question though. They have Marvello and Jupiter and both are the same category. Any idea what's the different between the 2?

Hi Beluga,

They are basically the same as they come from the same group of factories (Japan and Korea. The difference is that Jupiter is not a model its a brand with many models.. while mavello is a model and not a brand. There should be some minor differences so do ask them about it.

I used to get confused about these 2 when I bought my 1st machine a while ago.

Cheers!

I used InstaPur in the past, before I "upgraded" to Cleansui.

It's just faucet attachment at the end of your tap, filtration medium is charcoal.

Hyflux water filter going for $99... not bad looking - is this good enough?

Hi ZondaR,

Its not the price that is the most important, its the filtration size of the product that counts.

Always look for something 0.01M to begin with, followed with other benefits if possible such as ionization, alkalinity etc.

This thread is full of information which some other forumers and myself have posted. Do take time to look through and feel free to post queries.

Cheers!

I have not used Hyflux before, can't comment, not sure what are the specifications and the filtration medium.

The cleansui I'm using is this.

http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/product/faucets_MD101E-S.html

http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/about%20cleansui/Substances_Filtered.html

like what gkbt said, it's the filtration medium that matters, rather than the price.