Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rumi

Did You Build A Base For Your Washer And Fridge?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
contractor charge me 180$ for a base 20.5ft. Now after reading decided .. no base for fridge. No more in fashion!

take the $180 go nosignboard eat until you laosai also shiok. :lol:

actually my kitchen is very small . with a base or not. the fridge width allocation is fixed. .as cabinets will be built beside the fridge...

i have base for my kitchen cabinets and washer

but no for the fridge

initially debating whether to get base for washer... coz contractor told me i can just get wooden blocks to hold the washer up and that certainly is cheaper... but after much hesitation, we just go ahead doing base for the washer...

not really a monkey see monkey do situation coz at least we did some consideration :lol:

for me, i think i will wash the service yard at least once a month. although i wont splash water as what the hawkers do, i dun want water to seep into the underside of the washer, causing it to rust...

actually the contractor suggested using wooden blocks to hold it instead of the base but since it's at a corner of the service yard, it is actually ok to do the base.

at least that is wat we tink lah...

and we did not do exactly the shape of the washer... we did it across the width of the service yard...

however, if just pure mopping, then the base is really not necessary

How do u then clean the base that is underneath the washer where it sits on? Push the washer down to the floor then clean and push up to the washer base again? Or no need to clean?

tink i wont clean it... probably will just mop around it :X

alternatively, once in a blue moon ask hubby shift it up a bit and mop it :X

i have base for my kitchen cabinets and washer

but no for the fridge

initially debating whether to get base for washer... coz contractor told me i can just get wooden blocks to hold the washer up and that certainly is cheaper... but after much hesitation, we just go ahead doing base for the washer...

not really a monkey see monkey do situation coz at least we did some consideration :lol:

never use wooden blocks - go to those huge florists and buy bricks. i bought mine for $5 each.

cos my washingmachine sit in the always wet washing area.

LOL

better nt eat til lao sai la

later must go doctor

waste $$$

:sport-smiley-003:

宝济丸 = $6 per pack only. :lol:

never use wooden blocks - go to those huge florists and buy bricks. i bought mine for $5 each.

cos my washingmachine sit in the always wet washing area.

宝济丸 = $6 per pack only. :lol:

coz the wood will rot?? :unsure:

there's something like those plastic type of stand that my parents used for the fridge... but somehow i'm afraid it might give way :lol:

thanks for the tips! probably will get the bricks for my fridge :P

contractor charge me 180$ for a base 20.5ft. Now after reading decided .. no base for fridge. No more in fashion!

hmm... My fridge base is $100 and my ID did the Washer base for me FOC. Anyway I think a base would be good to have though not neccessary.

Mop or Wash Kitchen Floor

I'd choose the latter as I find it rather tiring to mop floor; rinse and wringer mop a few times to finish mopping the kitchen. And we do heavy cooking.

Move fridge to clean area underneath fridge

The empty fridge is already too heavy for me to push it even with the rollers, least talk about me moving the loaded fridge. I'm a fuss spot, typical Virgo but in this aspect, I won't want to go look underneath the fridge and bother ourselves too much over cleaning that area. Also, I won't want to trouble my darling to move it. :sport-smiley-018:

Washer base

Recently we had Fei Onn [one of the workers] over to extend the washer base as we had given the wrong measurement of the fat washer. With the extension, it is now easier to reach the top washer. As for cleaning the area underneath the washer, I'm not sure if I'd be much bothered to do that. If anything, I suppose I'm quite likely to hose that area. :)