Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Where Should I Place My Dining Mirror?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

seems that B will be better to make your living room looks bigger,

but when comes to placing of mirror ****/dining area, its better to consult fsm.. ;)

seems that B will be better to make your living room looks bigger,

but when comes to placing of mirror ****/dining area, its better to consult fsm.. ;)

Hi Yang Guo, thanks for your reply :)

I would choose B.

"A" seems to further elongated the space. "B" sort of broaden the space.

Hi LittleDevil, thanks for your reply :) My sentiments exactly. Even thought of doing both A & B but afraid that will be a bit over the top lor.

how can HDB build this shape of house. Makes it very difficult to do things.

where is your sofa?

Hey hihihi, what to do? Nobody understands the things HDB does most of the time. I am planning to placed my L-Shape sofa near the window...away from the view of the entrance passage way. Not sure if it make sense...

I am planning to placed my L-Shape sofa near the window...away from the view of the entrance passage way. Not sure if it make sense...

I would choose position A.

Reason:

• Pple come in, sitting at the sofa, or walking towards the entrance direction will then see the mirror and also see the 'depth' amplification effect of the mirror. Purpose accomplished.
  • Also with the mirror at position A, will help to reflect some light and makes the living room brighter (if it's already dark).
  • That wall is short, mirror can covers the whole length of wall, a sense of 'complete".

Position B not good

Reason:

• That wall is super long. Mirror cannot cover the whole wall, somehow leaves it hanging there. Then the mirror will look very lonely, very out of place.
  • Also, when u walk out of the room's passage way, and see the mirror, will be abit disorientated. Not good.

I would choose position A.

Reason:

• Pple come in, sitting at the sofa, or walking towards the entrance direction will then see the mirror and also see the 'depth' amplification effect of the mirror. Purpose accomplished.
  • Also with the mirror at position A, will help to reflect some light and makes the living room brighter (if it's already dark).
  • That wall is short, mirror can covers the whole length of wall, a sense of 'complete".
Position B not good

Reason:

• That wall is super long. Mirror cannot cover the whole wall, somehow leaves it hanging there. Then the mirror will look very lonely, very out of place.
  • Also, when u walk out of the room's passage way, and see the mirror, will be abit disorientated. Not good.

Hey hihihi, thanks for your sound advice. Did think of those cons too...especially the finishing line of the mirror if placed in B. You reckon that a L mirror will be over the top? kekeke... hey, hoped you are no longer in an angry mood for your reno... :yamseng:

Think the mirror is too small to make a difference.

I rather go for a long strip of mirror.. say 2ft high.. 4ft off the floor.. and run from window to the lift wall.

Think the mirror is too small to make a difference.

I rather go for a long strip of mirror.. say 2ft high.. 4ft off the floor.. and run from window to the lift wall.

Hi, thanks for the sound advice. Which means the mirrow will be my sofa's back drop too right?