Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dtft

Ideal Design Interior

hi beany thanks for the inform. is better tat i get a license designer cos my family had bad experienced after sales service.

hi andy, just a piece of advice.

try to observe how detailed, note-taking & responsible yr potential id is. & whether they used regular subcontractors. best if u could get feedbacks from homeowners whose projects yr id has undertaken & not those undertaken by their colleagues.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

met up with shawn the 2nd time. quite impressed with his approach and overall feel. quote also quite competitive.

has anyone started any work with him already? hows the workmanship and followups? hope will not get the wrong first impression.

yes, the final results r most important. we will be waiting to see the final results of our reno tomorrow... which means all rectification works done nicely and settlements agreed upon amiably.

hopefully HO can happen tomorrow. we will then post a proper review of the entire process :deal:

we have done the handover with our ID, Dave.

there are still outstanding works to be done, like replacement of shower screen and checking of the plumbing in our toilets, which he has promised to send his guys down next weekend as we are not able to be ard during weekdays.

in retrospect, the reno process was probably not as bad as some of the horror stories we've read around the forum; tho there were some unhappiness over certain issues which cropped up along the way, he still remained amiable and professional thru'out the entire process, at least in front of us.

though response wasn't as fast as we wanted @ times, he has always been accomodative to our requests, and never told us outright that what we wanted couldn't be amended or changed. we changed the configuration of our kitchen cabinets about 3 days b4 carpentry was due to be delivered; he checked with the carpenters and had them do the change. when we wanted additional lights to be installed in our display cabinet, he also spoke to his carpenters and electricians, and our lights were installed.

granted, we had some upsets, especially with our marble flooring - have gotten that part settled, dunno if dave feels the same way as us tho.

but as we have told him - he lives with his pain for 2 days; we live with our pain for the rest of our days in our home

Edited by beany0811

yes, the final results r most important. we will be waiting to see the final results of our reno tomorrow... which means all rectification works done nicely and settlements agreed upon amiably.

hopefully HO can happen tomorrow. we will then post a proper review of the entire process :deal:

Hope everything will go sui sui for you, beany! I am also looking forward to the handover end Sep. I must say the progress so far is quite ok, but all the purchases for bathroom accessories, sinks and taps, lights, curtain, blinds, hood and hob have caused quite a big hole in the pocket! It's really heart pain especially with the current economy, my boss has already made it clear there will be no bonuses :-(

confirm we follow up more that our ID. He only will contact when want us to make payment.

So far still acceptable for the reno but behind the schedule, (should said no schedule from ID).

i also wont recommend any frens to use this ID & company FOR SURE.

hey greenfish, our ID did provide us a schedule... the work wasn't delayed. our ID told us tt he would slot in his pp when he was able to, so we were fine with that. the works to the house were done on time... our HO has been delayed tho, but that is cos we haven't been able to allow them to do the rectification works due to incompatibility in timing; and there r always new things coming up :unsure: we wanna be ard when its done, so asked them to come and do all @ one shot tomorrow. am gg to tick off each item one by one as it gets done.

hopefully everything can be settled nicely and positively tomorrow... after a seemingly bad spate of publicity, we hope our ID can break the trend n have us post glowing reviews of the entire process!

Edited by beany0811

Hi beany0811,

I agree with what you have said. The most important thing guess will be the final results of the reno. Trust & frequent communication between us & ID will do great helps too. :P

hi greenfish, have u managed to resolve issues with yr ID.

my id is not famous yet i also experienced same issues as u were having. seriously wonder whether can we move on our target date. seems like payg $ yet ended up having to spoon-fed n monitor own reno. one thing for sure, will not recommend frens to use this ID & company.

confirm we follow up more that our ID. He only will contact when want us to make payment.

So far still acceptable for the reno but behind the schedule, (should said no schedule from ID).

i also wont recommend any frens to use this ID & company FOR SURE.

my id is not famous yet i also experienced same issues as u were having. seriously wonder whether can we move on our target date. seems like payg $ yet ended up having to spoon-fed n monitor own reno. one thing for sure, will not recommend frens to use this ID & company.

what is the payment scheme for this company?

Edited by Cookiesmonster

Hi Coke,

IS your place at Toa Payoh?

My ID is Johnson too, can to share that I need to take note? mine starting at end of September.

Tiles was selected yesterday.

Thanks in advance

Hi my place at AMK.

PM me if you need any info :)