Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dtft

Ideal Design Interior

Hey all,

I got a quote from Ideal Design Studio for some carpentry & ceiling works for our 4rm resale, can anyone please advise if this is alright? Thank you.

Ceiling works

1. L-Box **** & false ceiling at dinning - $1200

2. L-Box at master bedroom - $680

3. False ceiling in second bedroom - $600

Carpentry works

1. Glass shower screen @ master bathroom - $580

2. 6ft low height shoe cabinet - $780

3. 6ft full height laminate finish TV feature wall backing c/w laminate - $1580

4. 5ft TV console - $600

5. 9ft full height sliding wardrobe - $1890

6. 5ft study table - $650

7. 5ft top-hung cabinet - $680

8. 7ft full height sliding wardrobe in second bedroom - $1480

Total: $10,720

Any advise between Ideal Design & OrangeCube?

hello, think it could be abit hard to compare the quotes like tt, cos of the different area sizes. can't comment much on carpentry, cos we didn't do much carpentry works - but i think if its the same coy, should be pretty standard.

our initial quote also had a 7ft wardrobe, i think its also about 1480, same as yours. ceiling works wise, depend on the area covered, i guess.

our false ceiling works cost 1500 in total for common areas, and 600 for MBR - but it wasn't really a false ceiling in MBR - more of two side boards.

hmm, but ur shower screen seems cheaper than ours... time to nag @ our fren

have u decided whether or not to go with them? btw, who is the guy who responded to u?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey all,

I got a quote from Ideal Design Studio for some carpentry & ceiling works for our 4rm resale, can anyone please advise if this is alright? Thank you.

Ceiling works

1. L-Box **** & false ceiling at dinning - $1200

2. L-Box at master bedroom - $680

3. False ceiling in second bedroom - $600

Carpentry works

1. Glass shower screen @ master bathroom - $580

2. 6ft low height shoe cabinet - $780

3. 6ft full height laminate finish TV feature wall backing c/w laminate - $1580

4. 5ft TV console - $600

5. 9ft full height sliding wardrobe - $1890

6. 5ft study table - $650

7. 5ft top-hung cabinet - $680

8. 7ft full height sliding wardrobe in second bedroom - $1480

Total: $10,720

Any advise between Ideal Design & OrangeCube?

After reading this thread, I also emailed them for a proposal. Cross-fingers that I can see something nice frm them. :)

Thks ya for helping me in my shortlist!

hi beanny, is a 4 room flat. hw about urs? yup, nw is hope everything turn up nicely. when u start reno? who is ur ID?

hi cbearai, how is ur reno progressing? saw in ur post in another thread that u have bought lights, means reno should be up and running!

do share the progress of ur reno.

u can track ours in our t-blog :lol:

Hi, anyone can give me some feedback on Idea Design?

after you guys went for consultation service, what do Idea Design provide without a customer paying a single cents, like e.g.

- Proposal layout plan?

- Draw to scale Plan?

- Handsketch design Concept?

- 3D drawing?

We r going to choose Lightning & Sanitary today with designer,any recommand along Balastier Rd. :rolleyes:

hi mimi, who's ur ID? how is the theme of ur house?

tiles wise... seems pretty std shops most people go to - LSH, hafary... we chose our tiles from hafary - these was a nice guy who explained to us the different natures of the tiles, which would be easier to maintain, and his opinions on the diff combinations.

lightings and accessories - didn't end up buying from the one ID brought us to, as we thot prices were on the high side. took our own sweet time to walk around diff places, and ended up buying on our own.

guess ur ID will bring you to some shops - have a look around, compare the prices (some can vary quite a bit).

most shops sell almost the same designs

do let us know the outcome of ur shopping trip :)

Hi. Newbie here. Just got my OTP last week. Contacted Ideal Design. Meeting up with ID Tony Kang. Haven't heard his name in this thread.

Anyone got their house done by him. Please advise?

Hihi,

Can anyone share 4rm resale reno quotations with me for Ideal Design?

Thanks .

me too..

can email me>> limck007@gmail.com

let me know ur comments too.

thks thks

just went to take a look at one of the "live" project of Ideal design (handled by Shawn).

workmanship is quite good and the carpentry are all quite excellent.

He is very frank about the design and the material used for our theme (clean cut + modern theme)

For me, i am quite cost orientated, so he will tell me certain materials/design that will achieve my theme but will not cost that much.

very honest and practical.... suite me =D

next week will be meeting him to see what 3D drawing (1 piece) , proposed layout and budget will he gaive us....

i hope it is within our budget + suites our demands >>> 30K inclusive of overhaul reno+ wardrobe + electrical

*pray pray*

that's good to hear and all the best for your reno!

by the way, for clients of Ideal Design, do you know which contractors Ideal is using to renovate your place? mind to share? thanks :)

just went to take a look at one of the "live" project of Ideal design (handled by Shawn).

workmanship is quite good and the carpentry are all quite excellent.

He is very frank about the design and the material used for our theme (clean cut + modern theme)

For me, i am quite cost orientated, so he will tell me certain materials/design that will achieve my theme but will not cost that much.

very honest and practical.... suite me =D

next week will be meeting him to see what 3D drawing (1 piece) , proposed layout and budget will he gaive us....

i hope it is within our budget + suites our demands >>> 30K inclusive of overhaul reno+ wardrobe + electrical

*pray pray*

Hi cbearai,

My new house has completed renovation works last week. So far the 3D drawings that Ideal Design have provided us, my wife & i are very pleased. Designs/Space planning & colour combination all well done up. I would suggest you to get your ID to help you amend on your 3D. Initially before commencement of my reno works, we also discuss with our ID about the theme that we liked, and get our drawings change twice. :)

hi jayden, workmanship and quality of materials used/laminates used OK?

possible to post some pics of ur place?

still have some nagging doubts on certain areas of the design, and so far not able to get a satisfactory response on some of the questions we have posed from them

just went to Ideal design studio yesterday . ID was shawn. (not much comments on him so far... any hse was renovated by him??

Our 1st impression is that his design and suggestions very practical/functional >> matches our them simple & clean cut + modern design

We told him our budget $35 to 30K with electrical + overhaul thingy..

he told us he can come up with some thing which matche our requirements

He even told us not to have feature wall for TV as it will incur a big cost (is it true??). He will think of some good designs

He also agreed to give us a perspective drawing + space layout of the tv wall + bring us to a few viewing of his projects next week .... (i wonder will he call us??)

So far, his service is the BEST!!! Helpful and quite happy to try to stick to our budget.

Our floor plan

Floorplan.jpg

Oh so meaning, besides the ID, there is another in house designer helping with the design....?

fm what i understand, the ID who liases with us comes up with the layout and space planning, conceptualization of the theme, etc. only the 3d drawings are done by their in-house guys.

many other firms practice this too, so i guess its a common thing. 2 other firms which we approached initially also told us the same.

ur ID will go thru stuff with u, come up with the 3d drawings; if they aren't satisfactory, revise them... i guess @ the end of the day, it all boils down to the design, space planning and workmanship of the place.

for us, design and space planning stage has been satisfactory.

now we're waiting for the finalization of drawings based on the chosen colours, and some revisions here and there. once that's done....hopefully reno will be smooth, and the end result, great :D