Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just spoke to Wilson from Ideal Design Studio last week. Would like to know if any has any prior experience dealing with him?

I had used before, and I did receive a call from them for follow-up, but still there will be a need to go down to the showroom for further discussion.

hi, plse clear yr inbox. sending u a pm. tks

BTW Beanny, when they collect last payment 10% from you?

After overall completed?

hey greenfish, last payment was collected after overall works had been completed, and the house was in a move-in condition, apart fm the minor works here n there.

glad to say we got the shower screen replaced last weekend already. the guys who came to replace it were different from the one who kept postponing initially. we managed to pester them until they agreed to come in the morning, haha. and they were pretty friendly and nice.

from reno experiences that we had, suggest you be more involved cos if mistakes are nipped early, there's still some hope for rectification.

once mistakes are made, profit margin dropped, do you think any id/contractor will still be patient, listen to your needs and take care of you?

thanks for the heads-up! Will try to be more involved in the project. Am just worried if some good/recommended IDs have too many projects on hand to devote quality time to each one. As u know, quantity dilutes quality....

don't understand how you define neat design. basically, it would be good to have some firm ideas abt what you wanted otherwise you will end up with rather similar designs.

recommend this firm to my frens, not at all cos most of them work long hours and don't have time to monitor reno/a&a. reno or a&a really require constant monitoring and co-ordination.

have raised some requests to add on to their T&C. unfortunately was told not possible. as i mentioned, pretty lopsided. protecting their own interests.

Sounds like I should avoid this particular ID then.

Any recommendation of any ID better than them?

Also read on others' topic. I've found this two post.

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Any comment on those mentioned ID houses?

Million Thanks!

Edited by lummunyi

Thanks. hopefully we can get a call from them soon. the thing i get after some stories is that highly recommended IDs may sometimes neglect you. may it be not on purpose, but due to high volume of work they are handling. will want someone patient, and listen to your needs, and takes care of everything for u. of course, to remain contactable at all times! :D

from reno experiences that we had, suggest you be more involved cos if mistakes are nipped early, there's still some hope for rectification.

once mistakes are made, profit margin dropped, do you think any id/contractor will still be patient, listen to your needs and take care of you?

Hi all,

Read some of the post here.

Sounds similar to what my friend experience from them also.

But I think my friend's ID is slightly more responsible.

But their design is pretty neat.

So how recommendable is this ID firm?

Can we request them to add in lines like

1. Duration of warranty after completion of renovation.

2. All repair cost will be bear by the ID firm is the damage is due to poor workmanship or lousy material quality.

don't understand how you define neat design. basically, it would be good to have some firm ideas abt what you wanted otherwise you will end up with rather similar designs.

recommend this firm to my frens, not at all cos most of them work long hours and don't have time to monitor reno/a&a. reno or a&a really require constant monitoring and co-ordination.

have raised some requests to add on to their T&C. unfortunately was told not possible. as i mentioned, pretty lopsided. protecting their own interests.

Edited by Cookiesmonster

I had used before, and I did receive a call from them for follow-up, but still there will be a need to go down to the showroom for further discussion.

Thanks. hopefully we can get a call from them soon. the thing i get after some stories is that highly recommended IDs may sometimes neglect you. may it be not on purpose, but due to high volume of work they are handling. will want someone patient, and listen to your needs, and takes care of everything for u. of course, to remain contactable at all times! :D

Hi all,

Read some of the post here.

Sounds similar to what my friend experience from them also.

But I think my friend's ID is slightly more responsible.

But their design is pretty neat.

So how recommendable is this ID firm?

Can we request them to add in lines like

1. Duration of warranty after completion of renovation.

2. All repair cost will be bear by the ID firm is the damage is due to poor workmanship or lousy material quality.

hi am new in this forum. Wanna check with fellow members if anyone had used the online submission of floorplans to Ideal Design Studio? instead of going down to the showroom? As you know, some of these IDs are quite far away. And don't wanna waste time if their quotes are way off. Also heard stories that some IDs don't have time to reply with quote. would appreciate any views. (sorry if posting this in the wrong topic) :):)

hi am new in this forum. Wanna check with fellow members if anyone had used the online submission of floorplans to Ideal Design Studio? instead of going down to the showroom? As you know, some of these IDs are quite far away. And don't wanna waste time if their quotes are way off. Also heard stories that some IDs don't have time to reply with quote. would appreciate any views. (sorry if posting this in the wrong topic) :):)

hi beany, tks for answering to andy's qtn.

hv u gotten yr post-rectification's work done?

still waiting for u to share peeks of yr abode :)

hey cookiesmonster... we haven't been up to the place all week till today, and it was just to deposit some stuff, so nothing much to share.

will update when we have shifted our stuff and settled in over the long weekend... hopefully with our so-called soft furnishings too.

and nope, rectifications have not been done. will be happening this sat.

but dave promised to send the door guy to touch up the wrought iron gate which was peeling. we dun have to be ard cos its just painting the main gate fm the outside.

checked just now, still nothing done. he is also supposed to get back to us on some carpentry stuff we asked him to check, but nothing heard.

now we wonder... is this the after-sales service to be expected? should we call him? or see if he will do it?

so still waiting...Waiting...WAITING...................... zzzzzz

how about ur reno progress? better now?

Edited by beany0811