Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dtft

Ideal Design Interior

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi, just want to update that i have selected ideal design, and work has started since yesterday. It was a pretty difficult choice but after much deliberation, finally decided on ideal -- hopefully wont regret!!! Once it's near completion, I will post some pictures on this forum - i have learnt a great deal from this forum and i hope others can benefit from my experience too! :-)

Hi all,

My renovation is completed and done by Ideal Design abt 2 weeks ago.

Have to say dealing with my ID Johnson is pleasant for that 6 weeks.

My reno is done in accordance to the schedule. Johnson knows that I am moving on the 9th Aug, and ensures that the 5th week, 7th Aug, he handed to me promptly.

Their workmanship are fantastic, especially carpentry, I have to say.

The designs provided by johnson really suits me ......... as I told him I am not that sort of adventurous type...so I prefer those never go wrong modern designs..

I invite those interested to view my place to liaise with Johnson for arrangements. All are welcomed :)

Cons...Sure have some hiccups here and there...but Johnson's made it a point to rectify promptly. There is not once Johnson push fault away saying "its like that one". (you know, we hated contractors or IDs telling us that!)

And to Johnson, sometimes when I nasty doesnt mean I wanted to be, I just want to make my presence felt to ensure you dun neglect my site! :P

Anyway, thanks for everything! You deserves these complements!

Hi Coke,

IS your place at Toa Payoh?

My ID is Johnson too, can to share that I need to take note? mine starting at end of September.

Tiles was selected yesterday.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

My renovation is completed and done by Ideal Design abt 2 weeks ago.

Have to say dealing with my ID Johnson is pleasant for that 6 weeks.

My reno is done in accordance to the schedule. Johnson knows that I am moving on the 9th Aug, and ensures that the 5th week, 7th Aug, he handed to me promptly.

Their workmanship are fantastic, especially carpentry, I have to say.

The designs provided by johnson really suits me ......... as I told him I am not that sort of adventurous type...so I prefer those never go wrong modern designs..

I invite those interested to view my place to liaise with Johnson for arrangements. All are welcomed :)

Cons...Sure have some hiccups here and there...but Johnson's made it a point to rectify promptly. There is not once Johnson push fault away saying "its like that one". (you know, we hated contractors or IDs telling us that!)

And to Johnson, sometimes when I nasty doesnt mean I wanted to be, I just want to make my presence felt to ensure you dun neglect my site! :P

Anyway, thanks for everything! You deserves these complements!

our place is currently being done up by ideal design studio too... i agree with moomoo88, that there r no perfect IDs, but then, in all fairness, there r no perfect customers too :P

being 1st time owners, and naturally, 1st time house proud owners, most of us would expect a lot out of the reno, and the ID - we were no exceptions.

when reno 1st started, we would jump @ every thing that didn't seem to be in accordance to what we wanted.

in all honesty, i guess we did give our ID a pretty rough time, but then, he did give us some anxiety attacks along the way too, kek

as the reno progressed, we realised that things did move, stuff did get completed on time. our ID has delivered what he promised too.

i guess its all a matter of getting used to each other's working style, and having realistic expectations of the deliverables.

for us, a lot hinges on the fact that our ID promised us that @ the end of the day, he would hand over the house to us just the way we want it to, so its a matter of trust, and give and take on both sides.

now that we're into the final stages of our reno, would say that in retrospect, our ID did do a pretty good job, tho' the hubby did have to give him a few pushes @ the beginning.

along the way, changes had to be made to some of the design aspects, and he would send us perspectives of the changes, so we could better understand what had to be done. requests that we have made along the way, like additional lighting points, changes to certain areas, he would also try to talk to his pp and accomodate our changes ;)

our scheduled handover is about a week and a half away... we're waiting eagerly to see the final result :)

so far, workmanship for the carpentry is good :good: pretty happy so far

Hi beany0811,

I agree with what you have said. The most important thing guess will be the final results of the reno. Trust & frequent communication between us & ID will do great helps too. :P

beany0811, does your kitchen cabinet come with anti-slam? I find that their quotation for the kitchen cabinet on a higher side, so am wondering if it does come with anti-slam, if so, i dont mind paying the price :-)

hello moomoo, yep, kitchen cabinets does come with anti-slam - quoted italian brand, but blum was installed, heh.

now waiting for the carpenters to adjust the blum hinges properly.

do check with ur ID tho, and have it specifically stated in ur quotation, that it should come with anti-slam; else by default, it might not.

Edited by beany0811

beany0811, does your kitchen cabinet come with anti-slam? I find that their quotation for the kitchen cabinet on a higher side, so am wondering if it does come with anti-slam, if so, i dont mind paying the price :-)

our place is currently being done up by ideal design studio too... i agree with moomoo88, that there r no perfect IDs, but then, in all fairness, there r no perfect customers too :P

being 1st time owners, and naturally, 1st time house proud owners, most of us would expect a lot out of the reno, and the ID - we were no exceptions.

when reno 1st started, we would jump @ every thing that didn't seem to be in accordance to what we wanted.

in all honesty, i guess we did give our ID a pretty rough time, but then, he did give us some anxiety attacks along the way too, kek

as the reno progressed, we realised that things did move, stuff did get completed on time. our ID has delivered what he promised too.

i guess its all a matter of getting used to each other's working style, and having realistic expectations of the deliverables.

for us, a lot hinges on the fact that our ID promised us that @ the end of the day, he would hand over the house to us just the way we want it to, so its a matter of trust, and give and take on both sides.

now that we're into the final stages of our reno, would say that in retrospect, our ID did do a pretty good job, tho' the hubby did have to give him a few pushes @ the beginning.

along the way, changes had to be made to some of the design aspects, and he would send us perspectives of the changes, so we could better understand what had to be done. requests that we have made along the way, like additional lighting points, changes to certain areas, he would also try to talk to his pp and accomodate our changes ;)

our scheduled handover is about a week and a half away... we're waiting eagerly to see the final result :)

so far, workmanship for the carpentry is good :good: pretty happy so far

Can PM me who is your ID in charge? Thanks.

Beany0811, i guess you are one lucky customer whom had engaged a good ID from Ideal Design. I'm glad your reno is sailing smoothly and most importantly, both of you have good feelings for your ID.

Rapport between ID and yourself is really important. Sigh... not all IDs in this firm are as good and first impression is not always accurate... i'm just an unlucky customer of an idiotic ID from this firm.

Edited by beany0811

I guess there is no perfect ID, bound to have hiccups here and there, what we can hope for is that they are kept to a minimum. I think we should have a decision by this weekend.. So exciting! :-)

Hi all,

I have just confirmed my new house reno with them, after hunting up & down for ID's to do up my house. The ID whom attend to me is responsive, and has suggested some useful ways to keep the costs within my budget. So far service is good, awaiting for my 3D drawing to be done up soon. :rolleyes:

i'm sorry to hear that. may i know which stage is your reno at now?

Any matter? Start from after 1st payment, we already regret and found that they are too busy, we have to keep follow up and keep asking them this and that.

We are paying the money for ID to help us settle, not ourself.

As an ID should give you idea on what the design of your house, not you find your info and tell them.

They are too ks to bear responsibility, that's why they will ask you what you like, then after you choose, you ask them ok or not? the answer is as long as you like, we do it for you.

Like that, i rather find a contractor instead of ID.