Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Tv Console...grounded Versus Suspended

Hi all, I am still debating between a grounded (buy off the rack kind) or a suspended (custom-made) TV console. What are the pros and cons of the both? Which choice have you taken while planning your home and any regrets or comments to offer. Appreciate your comment on this.

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, I am still debating between a grounded (buy off the rack kind) or a suspended (custom-made) TV console. What are the pros and cons of the both? Which choice have you taken while planning your home and any regrets or comments to offer. Appreciate your comment on this.

Cheers

i would prefer a suspended one anytime =)

gonna do one for my new hm too :dancingqueen:

got a ready-made from IKEA myself. comes wif drawers etc for more hidden storage option. anyway, suspended looks nice but i decide against it cos of carpentry budget. (since it's not a die die i wan item)

if u have the budget for it, why not? :good:

juz word of caution. if u think u might change TV/sofa location in future, might not b advisable.....

Would prefer suspended entertainment console anytime.....looks nicer; could have soft lighting under the console; could probably put 3 little totoro figurines under there to set up a little totoro land; and the list goes on and on and on................

BUT......

we have an entertainment console custom made and it's not suspended.

And it's all because of the sub woofer and that has to sit on the floor. Also, there are a few good wires connected to the SW.

We have a free roaming bunny [Pistachio] and it thinks wires are like tree branches!

Thus, we custom made the entertainment console in such a way Pistachio won't be able to get to the wires.

Eh? to put what leh? Scared messy wor...

some pple do deco below, put pebbles. I intend to put those small speakers below.

some pple do deco below, put pebbles. I intend to put those small speakers below.

Yeah, speakers sound ok to me but pebbles....? Eh...collect dust lor.

will prefer suspended also..

however, suspended type is more costly right?

Yes, it will cost more for sure but not tremendiously much. You have TV feature too right? I saw your t blog before :)

however, suspended type is more costly right?

if the renovator is cunning, he will charge u the same cost per/ft as kitchen cabinet. So ends up suspended or grounded may cost the same. Judging from the amt of material used, console per/ft should be slightly cheaper than kitchen cabinet.

Edited: PSF should be per ft run

Edited by hihihi

IMHO: Doing Suspended is more for the looks and good if you wall-mount your TV. As compared, being Grounded is easier on maintenance and better for sit-on TV.

I did a suspended-with-base-support (not fully suspended) coz it'll be more steady, afraid my kids grow up jump on the TV console. :sport-smiley-004: and my TV will be wall mounted. Another reason for doing the base is so that I clean less floor area. :D