Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chronograph

My "pigeon Hole"

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi chronograph,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Still waiting for my quote from them, just sent Johnson the specifications this morning ^^

Glad that the reno had been quite smooth for you. Oh, I just checked, my PIL and BIL actually did their places up with Zhi Seng 4 years ago not 2 as previously mentioned. From what I can see, their place are still in good conditions, only thing that 'fall apart' is the fixtures for towels and mugs in the bathroom of my PIL house =X

Oh, can I also check with you what items you will be doing that are included in the 12k? Thanks

Thanks, finally coming close to moving in my new place.

Just my experience with Zhi Seng only;

1) Pricing, very attractive and reasonable without compromising material.

2) Honest, friendly and reliable. Help to work within my budget, no commission make for my aircon and electrical wiring as Zhi Seng let me deal direct with them but Zhi Seng help to coordinate the work. Promise to complete in 4 weeks(whereas other said at least 6 weeks) which i think is on schedule.

3) Workmanship, so far to my expectation(tiling only, carpentry will only come in on this Thursday).

3) Complaint, i have a few remarks(not many only 2) on their tiling work and Zhi Seng replaced without questioning.

4) Design, Zhi Seng has to improve in this area as they are still using 2d and plan view diagram. Not appealing and very hard for customer to visualize. Those are more technical drawing for their worker than for customer.

Work is still in progress, hope that they up keep their standard and customer service.

Edited by RawR

Wah... ur reno seems to be moving very fast and smoothly! :thumbs up:

Got hicups lah... the awning got delay because of wrong diagram so rejected by HDB. i have to call personally to get a sample for resubmission, told HDB to expedite already. Hopefully, permit can come tomorrow and they can fix on Friday.

Got hicups lah... the awning got delay because of wrong diagram so rejected by HDB. i have to call personally to get a sample for resubmission, told HDB to expedite already. Hopefully, permit can come tomorrow and they can fix on Friday.

shld be no problem lah.

Hi chronograph,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Still waiting for my quote from them, just sent Johnson the specifications this morning ^^

Glad that the reno had been quite smooth for you. Oh, I just checked, my PIL and BIL actually did their places up with Zhi Seng 4 years ago not 2 as previously mentioned. From what I can see, their place are still in good conditions, only thing that 'fall apart' is the fixtures for towels and mugs in the bathroom of my PIL house =X

Oh, can I also check with you what items you will be doing that are included in the 12k? Thanks

The fixtures must be free gift from Zhi Seng, cheap ones about $30 per set. I remembered buying $60 per set for my 5I but similarly "broken" after 4 years. Guess this kind of toilet fixtures cannot last long unless u buy those stainless steel type.

I did my reno at 35.8k, i think u r referring to Jessie who did it at 12k.

shld be no problem lah.

HDB said my unit got RC so no need to use 6"x4" support.....must change to 4"x4" support. Why so rigid? I tot the bigger the better????

Edited by chronograph

Ya! The fixtures were free gifts! LOL

Apparently they still offering fixtures as free gifts :P

Oh ya, so sorry, my eyes are X_X

The fixtures must be free gift from Zhi Seng, cheap ones about $30 per set. I remembered buying $60 per set for my 5I but similarly "broken" after 4 years. Guess this kind of toilet fixtures cannot last long unless u buy those stainless steel type.

HDB said my unit got RC so no need to use 6"x4" support.....must change to 4"x4" support. Why so rigid? I tot the bigger the better????

sometimes, their requirement.....weird!

Thanks, finally coming close to moving in my new place.

Just my experience with Zhi Seng only;

1) Pricing, very attractive and reasonable without compromising material.

2) Honest, friendly and reliable. Help to work within my budget, no commission make for my aircon and electrical wiring as Zhi Seng let me deal direct with them but Zhi Seng help to coordinate the work. Promise to complete in 4 weeks(whereas other said at least 6 weeks) which i think is on schedule.

3) Workmanship, so far to my expectation(tiling only, carpentry will only come in on this Thursday).

3) Complaint, i have a few remarks(not many only 2) on their tiling work and Zhi Seng replaced without questioning.

4) Design, Zhi Seng has to improve in this area as they are still using 2d and plan view diagram. Not appealing and very hard for customer to visualize. Those are more technical drawing for their worker than for customer.

Work is still in progress, hope that they up keep their standard and customer service.

Wah thanks for this post. Gives me confidence with them. I talked to them ytd and I liked how they dealt with my quote. Never insist that must have this must have that. Instead they even say.. no need to do some things la and explained why. And they were friendly too so that is one-up. Meanwhile i'm still sourcing... :) hehe

Wah thanks for this post. Gives me confidence with them. I talked to them ytd and I liked how they dealt with my quote. Never insist that must have this must have that. Instead they even say.. no need to do some things la and explained why. And they were friendly too so that is one-up. Meanwhile i'm still sourcing... :) hehe

yes, u r right!

actually, i did my toilets floorings,..thus they dismantled the shower-screens......and initially i tot of changing a new screen despite this is still pretty new.

then yday when i talked to johnson,...he told me no need change, they can put back the screen for us,....as it's still new and nice. no need spend xtra $!

this is also wat i like abt them.....not those pushy type lor.

More updates:

Wash room, PVC pipping have been tidy up, they have cut and removed un-necessary ones and fit it with a stopper, making the room looks bigger. The darker tiles are brown with marking on it but couldn't capture it due to my poor photo skills.

03092008008eu5.jpg

03092008007zw9.jpg

Common toilet, same thing the PVC pipping have been cut. It is black throughout accept for the shower area using vanilla color with a big circle make up by 4 tiles.

03092008002iy9.jpg

03092008001pj3.jpg

03092008ly5.jpg

MBR toilet, shower area wall tiles are white with same pattern. The emboss tiles go round the wall tile like a belt.

03092008003jb8.jpg

03092008004sj4.jpg

03092008005zx4.jpg

03092008006ln7.jpg

Will update more once they have put up the shower screen and vanity top.