Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

Precious... did you take HDB or bank loan? I'm curious as to whether it would be just as troublesome for people who took HDB loan.

We're suppose to pay for the moving part... I think it will cost $800... but the Uncle who moved the water meter didn't collect from us. I'm not sure why also. :P

i'm taking hdb loan...have not try it out yet...coz my reccess area quite small, we are thinking whether its a waste of $$ to do it....

was it a hassle for you?

maybe can offset from cpf?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i'm taking hdb loan...have not try it out yet...coz my reccess area quite small, we are thinking whether its a waste of $$ to do it....

was it a hassle for you?

maybe can offset from cpf?

It was a huge hassle! horrible.

Firstly, we called HDB but the girl who answered didn't seem to know what to do.

Then we went down to HDB personally but were told by the staff that we will not be able to get any info there. We must go home and submit our enquiries online. And when I asked where can I find the right link in the HDB website, the person could not advise me.

So I went home... spent quite some time clicking around and around the "myHDB" website to find and finally managed to submit my enquiry. I wanted to know how much it would cost.

Nearly 2 months later, they sent me a letter to tell me the cost of the space, the stamp fees, admin fees, etc... which came up to about 2k. And the instructions on the letter were quite vague.

AND in order to buy the thing, we have to engage our lawyers (cos we took bank loan) to take back the mortgage and REDRAFT the whole mortgage again! Which simply means we have to pay our own lawyers, the bank's lawyers and CPF lawyers all over again. *faint*

After that... the bank's reaction was so so so so so slow in responding......... and they sent me duplicates of documents to sign, making me think that they didn't receive the first set *panic*.

Then... my contractor (Uncle Soon) had to show them how the meters were to be shifted BEFORE they allow us to buy. They had to submit floorplans showing where the new stuff were going to be...

haiz... troublesome....

Pet, u are back in action!

Glad that everything was ok regarding the recess. i think taking HDB loan should have lesser hassle?

I think so. At least HDB loan people will have less people to deal with. No need to deal with the bank people and lawyers... mm

haha yes finally back in action. :)

Pet, think you like reno alot. I already very scared and think I don't want to move again. You are still going for round 2. Really salute you. :bow:

Anyway now holiday and you should have more time working on the yr reno plan.

gaku70

haha yes I think I do like reno a lot. I've been keeping scrapbooks with pictures of beautiful homes I cut out from Magazines/newspapers... Been doing it since I was a teenager, way before we ever thought of renovating a place. :) Now that I depend on the Internet more I'm keeping digital albums and archives on my com. haha :)

Yup... now that I have more time on my hands I shall... hehe You'll probably see me here more often too.

Pet, maybe u should switch line...maybe can offer help to uncle? hehe...

bring his biz to even higher heights :P

haha no la. Next time if I needn't work (so hard) then I'll probably do something free lance... but before that I want to learn to do some 3D software thingy... hehe :)

gaku70

haha yes I think I do like reno a lot. I've been keeping scrapbooks with pictures of beautiful homes I cut out from Magazines/newspapers... Been doing it since I was a teenager, way before we ever thought of renovating a place. :) Now that I depend on the Internet more I'm keeping digital albums and archives on my com. haha :)

Yup... now that I have more time on my hands I shall... hehe You'll probably see me here more often too.

Since you like reno since young, it will be good to go into something that you are passionate. Perhaps you could start freelance FOC. Don't think anyone will reject you if you are doing FOC right. Come to think about it, I think uncle need a designer to help draft out the floor plan. Or anyway you can do it for the new home owner in the forum.

Looking forward to see you more often. Eh..think after I shift, I will be offline for a few weeks until the phone line and pc is setup.

BTW have you started on the 3ds max?

Since you like reno since young, it will be good to go into something that you are passionate. Perhaps you could start freelance FOC. Don't think anyone will reject you if you are doing FOC right. Come to think about it, I think uncle need a designer to help draft out the floor plan. Or anyway you can do it for the new home owner in the forum.

Looking forward to see you more often. Eh..think after I shift, I will be offline for a few weeks until the phone line and pc is setup.

BTW have you started on the 3ds max?

Yup I think FOC is a good idea... haha but I do feel embarrassed for being overly helpful at times. Will probably help friends out with design.

I've got my friend to buy the 3ds for me overseas... cos it's cheaper.. but have not received it yet. :)

Yup I think FOC is a good idea... haha but I do feel embarrassed for being overly helpful at times. Will probably help friends out with design.

I've got my friend to buy the 3ds for me overseas... cos it's cheaper.. but have not received it yet. :)

Think the guys here will be grateful to you for helping them plan the layout.

Ok look forward to your 3D models.

First thing first - I always enjoy reading the way you put your words in sentences, pet. Always so positive! - particularly at the Ah Soon's Thread And, always there to assist members here. :bow:

What 3Ds software will you be using eh?

wahah Reiki... not really. I think there are times when I blow my top and become all over-righteous and all. That's when I start being un-nice. Not particularly mean but un-nice. :P I do try my best to be "diplomatic" it's part of my job to be. haha

mmm gaku was recommending a modelling software called 3DS Max, which he said that IDs do use. I managed to get a friend to find it for me. Buying it online is ULTRA expensive. So I'm waiting for this friend to travel back to SG before I can start experimenting with it. Hopefully it will not be too difficult to learn. :)

YAY the electrician was here. There were 4 workers plus the boss!! And I thought it was an easy job that didn't require much work!!! They took 3 hours! I was so embarrassed when they appeared cos there wasn't any drinks in the house! I stayed behind to watch them whilst my mom went to buy....

So now my water and electrical meters are moved. I've emailed my technical officer so that she can come and inspect that they were moved according to the plan submitted then she has to take photographs... then bill us for the moving... then she will process the application to purchase the recess! YAY

wahah Reiki... not really. I think there are times when I blow my top and become all over-righteous and all. That's when I start being un-nice. Not particularly mean but un-nice. :P I do try my best to be "diplomatic" it's part of my job to be. haha

mmm gaku was recommending a modelling software called 3DS Max, which he said that IDs do use. I managed to get a friend to find it for me. Buying it online is ULTRA expensive. So I'm waiting for this friend to travel back to SG before I can start experimenting with it. Hopefully it will not be too difficult to learn. :)

3ds max?? That's some serious drafting tool there. It's from autodesk, the guys who publish AutoCAD, the main computer aided design tool for engineers across many discipline =p. But got to say that autodesk products usually very newbie un-friendly 1. So good luck and have fun learning. =)

Edited by stormcontrol