Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

Hahah if your mom do not read your T-Blog it can be done. If they happen to call Uncle Soon just tell uncle in advance cannot. Since you intro business for him so much. Hahaha Else buy him kopi :P

lol see how ba. maybe they will come to their senses on their own. :)

i will kpo your layout in a while! :D

kpo my layout? hehe

Hi,

initially I also considered hacking a doorway to the kitchen from the recess area but dropped the idea as I may have to install a door which I wouldnt want to. Another reason for dropping the idea was because the permit would take longer than usual to be approved by HDB and we could not wait. We only have less than 3 weeks to get the flat ready.

I also thought of saving cost and wanted to do only grilles for recess area but the rain would definitely get into the kitchen (if I were to hack a doorway at the recess area). I would have to get a fire rated door for the new doorway to the kitchen if I choose not to shift my main door after doing windows and grilles. So in the end, we just shifted out the main door after doing windows and grilles.

Saw a few units that hack the recess area wall and the kitchen is bigger but I felt it looks abit funny as people standing outside the gate can see right thru the unit and not much privacy unless one keeps the main door closed at all times.

plus, looking at your floorplan...I do agree that it looks abit weird for the maindoor to be next to the rubbish chute.

exactly... glad you all agree with me... it's weird for me to hack. other layouts still ok.. mm

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

initially i kept thinking your layout is like mine..so can hack, but nono...I mistaken. If hack will make cleaning and packing of the kitchen a chore.

yaaa can you imagine leaving the windows at the recess area open and all the dust blow in and out in and out... the recess faces the carpark somemore.. haiz. and the kitchen is one of the toughest places to clean to me...

ya..my white window flame in the toilet can see dust as and when,need to clean up regularly too,despite i don stay near to the road zz

ya... terrible hor..

mm Tell you all.. I signed all the necessary documents for the purchase of my flat last week but the plumber guy didn't go to HDB to submit for me!!! And I can't remember his number already SIGH...

MmM I'll call Uncle today ba. Last few days I've been so busy, practically drowning in work.. no time to call Uncle also. :P Silly plumber! :P

Hi Pinkpetter,

Did Ah Soon change the toilet door for you? Is it those bi-fold type? Is it very limited choice to choose from his selection? Thanks.

Yup he did. Bi-fold... mm to say the truth I didn't choose. haha My dad just told him he wanted WHITE ones and Uncle gave us white ones. I never got to see any selection... :) My parents want everything as white as possible :)

Yup he did. Bi-fold... mm to say the truth I didn't choose. haha My dad just told him he wanted WHITE ones and Uncle gave us white ones. I never got to see any selection... :) My parents want everything as white as possible :)

eh? I thought older generation will not want white one? My parents and elders all keep saying will turn yellow, hard to maintain etc. =p Your parents very chic ah. Even kitchen also want to hack hack hack create open concept =p

eh? I thought older generation will not want white one? My parents and elders all keep saying will turn yellow, hard to maintain etc. =p Your parents very chic ah. Even kitchen also want to hack hack hack create open concept =p

haha my mom wanted all the walls hacked down (except the bathroom and bedroom walls) and have a open concept with a kitchen island + breakfast counter..... ok la they have their own ideas. My dad loves white. all our homes have always been white.

Kitchen Version 2

kitchen2jpg.jpg

kitchen23d.jpg

After I did this version... then I realised... someone on the forum said that must leave space around the fridge... lol alamak

Hi hello,

I'm ghmy82. Just new to this blog. I heard abt Uncle Soon's work and I know that he is super busy with project. Apparently, someone created a facebook for him. Haha...I think he must be very good. Is it possible to pm me his contact number to ghmy82@msn.com. Thank you.

Next is, where did u get the software to design the kitchen. I would love to get it. Thank you

haha my mom wanted all the walls hacked down (except the bathroom and bedroom walls) and have a open concept with a kitchen island + breakfast counter..... ok la they have their own ideas. My dad loves white. all our homes have always been white.

Haha my hubby loves to have a kitchen island also...but now our house layout the kitchen is kinda longish leh, so hard to have the island.

Hmm, as for the hacking down the wall between the kitchen and access balcony, I think it will be a good idea to keep the wall...in order to persuade your parents, just let them know that it is not possible?

So if the floor plan doesn't mark the wall in dark line, does that mean the wall can be hacked down? Thinking of hacking down the wall in between my main bedroom and the smaller room beside it...

Hi hello,

I'm ghmy82. Just new to this blog. I heard abt Uncle Soon's work and I know that he is super busy with project. Apparently, someone created a facebook for him. Haha...I think he must be very good. Is it possible to pm me his contact number to ghmy82@msn.com. Thank you.

Next is, where did u get the software to design the kitchen. I would love to get it. Thank you

Hi ghmy82! I'll pm you.. not to your email though. :) Check your msgs. Sorry for the late reply... :)

I used the simple Ikea software.. very easy to use. Just go download from their website.

Haha my hubby loves to have a kitchen island also...but now our house layout the kitchen is kinda longish leh, so hard to have the island.

Hmm, as for the hacking down the wall between the kitchen and access balcony, I think it will be a good idea to keep the wall...in order to persuade your parents, just let them know that it is not possible?

So if the floor plan doesn't mark the wall in dark line, does that mean the wall can be hacked down? Thinking of hacking down the wall in between my main bedroom and the smaller room beside it...

Hi worldangel! Ye... longish kitchens will be difficult. mm If the wall is not in bold, the chances of you having the hacking approved is high. However.... there is a chance of them rejecting too.

I RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM HDB TO LET ME MOVE THE WATER AND ELECTRICAL METER ALREADY!

WAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :dancingqueen:

In fact the water meter was moved before the letter arrived. The HDB officer informed me through email a few days ago. hehe :) Now waiting for electrical uncle to come on Sat to move. :) YAY

I RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM HDB TO LET ME MOVE THE WATER AND ELECTRICAL METER ALREADY!

WAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :dancingqueen:

In fact the water meter was moved before the letter arrived. The HDB officer informed me through email a few days ago. hehe :) Now waiting for electrical uncle to come on Sat to move. :) YAY

do you need to pay for the moving part? i'm thinking also whether should i get the recess area...

Precious... did you take HDB or bank loan? I'm curious as to whether it would be just as troublesome for people who took HDB loan.

We're suppose to pay for the moving part... I think it will cost $800... but the Uncle who moved the water meter didn't collect from us. I'm not sure why also. :P