Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Junkay

Holiday Advice (friend Suggest Bintan)

Hi guys

Am planning a holiday with my wife after 2 years of marriage, kinda a not so high budget holiday <1k. My friend suggested Bintan but I have read that the price of stuff there is more than singapore! Like a plate of mee goreng can go up to 10 dollars Sing.

Anyone stayed in Nirwana Beach Club before? I just want to go there, have seafood, swim here and there, see the sights, relax at a beach bar thingy.

Or anyone has a better place to recommend?

Thanks everyone

D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

havent been to nirwana beach club before but i've stayed in nirwana resort hotel and mayang sari before

prefer mayang sari to the hotel coz it's resort-styled...

generally, nothing much to buy there except polo ralph and spending on food is almost same rate as in singapore or slightly higher.

but it's the nearest out-of-town destination and so far i still quite enjoy going there :)

wat is the budget u're looking at? i would recommend mayang sari! go there during weekdays so that the accomodation will be slightly cheaper! i spent slightly less than $400 for 3D2N accomodation for mayang sari for 2 pax.

havent been to nirwana beach club before but i've stayed in nirwana resort hotel and mayang sari before

prefer mayang sari to the hotel coz it's resort-styled...

generally, nothing much to buy there except polo ralph and spending on food is almost same rate as in singapore or slightly higher.

but it's the nearest out-of-town destination and so far i still quite enjoy going there :)

wat is the budget u're looking at? i would recommend mayang sari! go there during weekdays so that the accomodation will be slightly cheaper! i spent slightly less than $400 for 3D2N accomodation for mayang sari for 2 pax.

Thanks Fifi. Are there anything else to do? Like trekking or sight seeing?

not really..... it's a destination that is best good for nua-ing :lol:

and probably just soaking in the pool or reading books/chatting at the beach...

they have jaccuzi at the swimming pool :notti:

i can show u some of the photos of the resort / beach club / mayang sari if u're interested :)

not really..... it's a destination that is best good for nua-ing :lol:

and probably just soaking in the pool or reading books/chatting at the beach...

they have jaccuzi at the swimming pool :notti:

i can show u some of the photos of the resort / beach club / mayang sari if u're interested :)

That will be awesome if you can. I will pm you my email or u wanna post it here?

went to bintan in aug... not recommended! stayed at mayang sari & the resort is like, so old & lousy! wooden floor creaks and the bed is hard & makes my skin itch. i still prefer batam harris resort. nice clean new big room, and the spa was better. and it's cheaper too. only thing is the food, batam food is not as gd as bintan's...

i just came back from bintan also, not recommended too :(

the wooden bed,wooden wardrobe and chair looks so old. though its really resort theme but its more like staying in a chalet. I personally think Bintan is good for a group of people go there, play beach games together. Not recommended for couple

The place is only good for beach and swimming pool in the resort. Plus a nice candle light dinner (but beware, its v exp. had a candle light dinner that cost $85USD). given at this cost, i rather spend my candle light dinner at Equinox in Singapore

I stayed whole day at the beach and swimming pool plus dinner. After dinner there isnt any place for u to explore already. No sight seeing also. btw i stayed in Angsana

It really depends on what you wanna achieve for your honeymoon. If it is just to relax and chill and do nothing than Bintan is ok...... if you wanna go shopping and sightseeing than Bintan is really super out.

Thanks for all the help.

We have decided on going to Phuket Karon beach instead at a reasonable priced resort.

Took advantage of the 4c ticket by Tiger and plus its low season in phuket. So accomodation plus air flight is less than 600 for the two of us 4D3N. Not too bad I think.

Will let you know how was the weather when I get back.

Cheers!