Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
miki

Species Home Furnishings

@ psylence, edisontan, gargamel...

i am facing a similar problem with my species couch - small cracks after 13-14 mths, now its a disaster

we spoke to their customer service to complain and the factory knows their "leather" was too thin and offer to re-upholster, but want to charge a high transport fee.

we feel that there should not be any transport fee since there wouldnt be such inconvenience if they had used quality material at the correct thickness in the first place..

appreciate if the other users who settled with species PM me about how they settled their disputes - reupholstering, refunds, new couch at discount, etc...

they only offered the service after we told them that we know there has been alot of online complains and another adverse publicity would affect their customers' confidence in them. it has taken us more than a month with constant calls to get them to respond. we are quite fed up with this poor quality and hassle, so decided to post this to update all to see.

does anyone want to bring up the matter collectively to CASE to get more momentum and awareness?

im attaching the bad condition of my couch - other new cracks are appearing, and can see the stage by stage deterioration

bulges

lines

cracks

bad

Im also a victim of their F***ing peeling & flaking leather. juz one year..

My 10 yrs olds leather sofa (last time from Melandas) although have cracks all ard but nvr ever flak n peel like Species 1yr old leather.

Why should we be paying for the reburishment after they deliver such crappy things to us?

If they cant even give quality product to its customer while it brand new. Wat make u think they bother to give something good later?

I wouldn't want to have anything to deal with them anymore.

One word to describe. PUI!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The leather sofa we bought from species is also peeling! And they told us it is good quality german leather when we bought it.

Contacted them and they want us to pay 480 to re-upholster the sofa cos there is no product warranty.

Do you guys think this is too expensive?!

Btw, anyone knows if leatherbond is considered genuine leather?

Wonder if we will have a case if we go to small claims

Seriously dun waste the 480.... It is going to peel again pretty soon cos their product is not of gd quality...

U might not be able to go SCT unless u have the receipt that state u buy is geninue leather

Then they give u not geninue leather... then u got a case... if not, i am afraid it is going to be hard..

The leather sofa we bought from species is also peeling! And they told us it is good quality german leather when we bought it.

Contacted them and they want us to pay 480 to re-upholster the sofa cos there is no product warranty.

If we got conned the 1st time. its our luck.

If get conned 2nd time by the same conman. then it stupidity.

@ psylence, edisontan, gargamel...

i am facing a similar problem with my species couch - small cracks after 13-14 mths, now its a disaster

we spoke to their customer service to complain and the factory knows their "leather" was too thin and offer to re-upholster, but want to charge a high transport fee.

we feel that there should not be any transport fee since there wouldnt be such inconvenience if they had used quality material at the correct thickness in the first place..

appreciate if the other users who settled with species PM me about how they settled their disputes - reupholstering, refunds, new couch at discount, etc...

they only offered the service after we told them that we know there has been alot of online complains and another adverse publicity would affect their customers' confidence in them. it has taken us more than a month with constant calls to get them to respond. we are quite fed up with this poor quality and hassle, so decided to post this to update all to see.

does anyone want to bring up the matter collectively to CASE to get more momentum and awareness?

im attaching the bad condition of my couch - other new cracks are appearing, and can see the stage by stage deterioration

bulges

lines

cracks

bad

Hi

I face similar peeling problems just after 1.5 yrs of use and it was very obvious they were dishonest because the order invoice shows leather, but the condition of my sofa is obviously cheap PU that is of worse quality than my PU bags which i had used more than 3 yrs. let me knw if anyone is willing to collectively bring this up to CASE.

Hi All,

I wish I had read all this before I bought stuff from SPECIES.

We bough $5600 worth of dining table,chair and sofa from them.The Sofa is full Italian leather and was delivered in March 2012.

Barely 7 months and I noticed that there is sawdust like material coming out from one side.There is like a tiny hole at the bottom part of the leather and its as if there are termites there.

I called the numbers and ofcourse they do not exist.Even the webisite is not there anymore.

I have emailed them and no reply so far.

If anyone knows how to get in touche with SPECIES HOME FURNISHINGS PTE LTD please let me know

The furniture mall at beach road has shut down and I cannot find their number in the new mall location

Dear all,

Me too had been a victim of Species Home Furnishings. About 2 years ago, I've purchased a package consisting of Full leather sofa, dining table set, TV console and coffee table. Sometime around a year ago, the leather sofa starts peeling too. Initially we thought that it's due to normal wear and tear although it seems a bit too soon for just a year's usage. However, in the recent months the sofa peeled so badly that it exposed the fabric under the leather. On one occassion, my friend saw this and told me the leather is fake. The sofa is made of leather scrapes pasted on fabrics and this is a low cost material used instead of the real leather. Real leather will crack after years of usage (typically 5 years or more) and does not peel like this. I realised I've been conned and the so-called full leather sofa which I paid $2k plus for, is actually made of cheap non-authentic leather. It seems to be worse off than PU given that it starts peeling at a year's usage. My friend advised me to seek legal action as this is deliberately cheating the consumer. And definately we will not know immediately until a year or so when the peeling shows. My friend has succcessfully gotten back the full amount she paid for after sending legal letter to that furniture dealer she bought from. I am consulting CASE and Singapore Furniture Association on this. I will not hesitate to get this to the media to warn others of Species Home Furnishing should they failed to give me a reasonable solution.

(PS. My dining table chairs peeled badly too.)

Hi All,

I wish I had read all this before I bought stuff from SPECIES.

We bough $5600 worth of dining table,chair and sofa from them.The Sofa is full Italian leather and was delivered in March 2012.

Barely 7 months and I noticed that there is sawdust like material coming out from one side.There is like a tiny hole at the bottom part of the leather and its as if there are termites there.

I called the numbers and ofcourse they do not exist.Even the webisite is not there anymore.

I have emailed them and no reply so far.

If anyone knows how to get in touche with SPECIES HOME FURNISHINGS PTE LTD please let me know

The furniture mall at beach road has shut down and I cannot find their number in the new mall location

Their current office number is 67432836. Let me know if you need their boss number (Leslie). Luckily I dealt with him directly last time and have saved the number. They seem to change all the previous phone numbers to avoid the old customers.

Their current office number is 67432836. Let me know if you need their boss number (Leslie). Luckily I dealt with him directly last time and have saved the number. They seem to change all the previous phone numbers to avoid the old customers.

Just asking here...is Species Home Furnishing now known as RocoBoche. People who have seen the staffs from Species can check and please let me know if they are the same people as I am planning to order $5k+ worth of furnishing at RocoBoche.

Thank you.

Just asking here...is Species Home Furnishing now known as RocoBoche. People who have seen the staffs from Species can check and please let me know if they are the same people as I am planning to order $5k+ worth of furnishing at RocoBoche.

Thank you.

Can anyone please confirm this ? I'm also planning to order the package at RocoBoche as well. Thanks

Can anyone please confirm this ? I'm also planning to order the package at RocoBoche as well. Thanks

I think they are same company,as in Roco Boche sales order, they wrote subsidiary brand to Species.

I ordered my sofa set on January but still cannot get it, and they ask me to wait for another 6 weeks. Maybe I should report to CASE. Anyone have same experience recently?

Does anyone know the Roco Boche closed already or runaway ? Because i bought (with FULL PAYMENT)a set of sofa +Tv console and tea table during the Luxury Living Expo fair in March then now when i want to call them for delivery confirm they like all disappear!! So pls! i need help here,i'm thinking of go down to CASE to make a report ..!!**** pissed off! S'pore should have law to forbid such lame company holder to run biz anymore! :angry2: