Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Any Feedback On Classic Design

Luckily mine not much hiccups, as for all those who had so many hiccups i really hope that all those had problem with CD can have a peace of mind with all their rectification done.

Every reno sure have some form of stress and furstraction, escpecially when their ID or contractor are not performing to their expectation.

Thereby hope everyone who is renovating and going to renovate their new house, best of luck.

:yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
lynnie, when i read your post, i felt so glad (not meant to be goofing)cos when i first posted on all the problems i had, it seems like i was the only one with the problem with CD. in the end, i give up giving much honest comments thou i have a long endless list with all the photos evidences.

we realised that during the course of our renovation, they were hardly there to supervise the work. we got to call her almost very day to remind her and ask her when the workers are coming, when this or that will be done or scheduled to be done, remind her that there is a pillar here / there etc. It has been a tiring process. a lot of things were not taken note of, forgotten, etc.

talking about design, when we saw one of our neighbour's house (also using CD). Part of their kitchen cabinet was the same as ours and my hubby drew the design for gina. when i spoke with the lady, they thou gina came up with the design. hmmm...

did you ask them to redo all the kitchen cabinets? Gina did assured us that if the design or measurement is incorrect / different from the agreed design, she will ask the carpenter to remove everything and redo.

one thing i agree with everyone is their recitification work. they are responsible to do the recitification work.

Hi Tea,

We actually encountered the same problem as you as well. Having to monitor and follow up things on our part. It's indeed very tiring as both me and bf are working and we can only view the house in the evening after work or during weekends to check the progress.

As for the kitchen, i wont put the full blame on CD, but then whose responsibility is it to ensure all appliances are in the right order? You decide for your own.

Also, another issue which i find it funny was that, they did not return us the left over paints for our house. As a consumer, we paid for the item, any remaining paints should be returned to us. However, not in this case.

Whatever it is, the list is never ending.

Hi Tea,

We actually encountered the same problem as you as well. Having to monitor and follow up things on our part. It's indeed very tiring as both me and bf are working and we can only view the house in the evening after work or during weekends to check the progress.

As for the kitchen, i wont put the full blame on CD, but then whose responsibility is it to ensure all appliances are in the right order? You decide for your own.

Also, another issue which i find it funny was that, they did not return us the left over paints for our house. As a consumer, we paid for the item, any remaining paints should be returned to us. However, not in this case.

Whatever it is, the list is never ending.

Hi Lynnnie,

They did give us some paint for touch up but we felt the painting that was done was kinda 'thin'.... still wondering why paint will come off when we wipe the wall. it will not be very logical / practical if everytime there is stain, we wipe the wall, then got to use paint to touch up.. then got to wash paint brush... wao lau, like that, we will be super bo eng.... I am sure you can ask her for some paint, anyway, the painters didnt use a lot of paint with such 'thin' layers.

The last time we painted the hse ourselves. no such problems... so this is the first time we encountered this.

We kinda felt Gina was 'not there' sometimes when we talk to her. So my hubby drew all the cabinets for her.. to minimise any miscommunication.

For new customers, I will suggest you get Gina to DRAW out all the cabinets that she is going to do with the measurement. This will minimise miscommunication and it doesnt take a lot of time.

Btw, is your reno completed?

Hi Lynnnie,

They did give us some paint for touch up but we felt the painting that was done was kinda 'thin'.... still wondering why paint will come off when we wipe the wall. it will not be very logical / practical if everytime there is stain, we wipe the wall, then got to use paint to touch up.. then got to wash paint brush... wao lau, like that, we will be super bo eng.... I am sure you can ask her for some paint, anyway, the painters didnt use a lot of paint with such 'thin' layers.

The last time we painted the hse ourselves. no such problems... so this is the first time we encountered this.

We kinda felt Gina was 'not there' sometimes when we talk to her. So my hubby drew all the cabinets for her.. to minimise any miscommunication.

For new customers, I will suggest you get Gina to DRAW out all the cabinets that she is going to do with the measurement. This will minimise miscommunication and it doesnt take a lot of time.

Btw, is your reno completed?

Yup, it's sort of completed.

Yup, it's sort of completed.

Wow so long, only sort of completed??

Something must be very wrong :(:(

My hearts goes to you Lynnie.

Must be very stressful from all this..

Steve, you sure are one of the few lucky ones who didnt have much problems with CD.

Maybe we engaged them at a time when their business is booming... so they go no time to manage all the projects. just leave their sub con to do all the work. customer complain then go rectify.

Steve, you sure are one of the few lucky ones who didnt have much problems with CD.

Maybe we engaged them at a time when their business is booming... so they go no time to manage all the projects. just leave their sub con to do all the work. customer complain then go rectify.

Ya lor, i can count myself very lucky.

No major hiccups, only few minor.

But after H4happy problem with the silicon, i go check mine, luckily its still alrite maybe i haven really move in yet and got not much usage yet so maybe haven come out.

And check some other item also, found out tat my service yard window cannot lock properly even the grills at the service yard also got slight mis-alignment. Haiz...

hi all, can CD be trusted? am concerned as they dun have hdb license, though their contractors are...am concerned about their credibility as if anything happen, we will be in very bad position. but i must say their workmanship in caprentary work and customer service not bad (not sure what will happen when we sign on the dotted thereafter...)..we are not doing tiling work as tiles are orendi laid...any comments about this? if their painting work not up to mark, can we request for other painters to do so? and if so, will the painting done after the works?

Edited by Boeing777

hi all, can CD be trusted? am concerned as they dun have hdb license, though their contractors are...am concerned about their credibility as if anything happen, we will be in very bad position. but i must say their workmanship in caprentary work and customer service not bad (not sure what will happen when we sign on the dotted thereafter...)..we are not doing tiling work as tiles are orendi laid...any comments about this? if their painting work not up to mark, can we request for other painters to do so? and if so, will the painting done after the works?

Er.. even with case trust or RADAC do u want ur reno to end up in small claim??

As for painting, me have encounter a grp of bad painter, but during the rectification CD assign another grp tat is ok. So after all is still up to the grp of sub-con tat is doing ur house which is more important.

In term of service, so far so gd.

Wow so long, only sort of completed??

Something must be very wrong :(:(

My hearts goes to you Lynnie.

Must be very stressful from all this..

Hi Steven,

Thanks. It's not really very very very bad. It's that there are rectification work which we didnt approach them to rectify other things for us as we feel it's enough. We will carry on ourselves from here.

Hi Steven,

Thanks. It's not really very very very bad. It's that there are rectification work which we didnt approach them to rectify other things for us as we feel it's enough. We will carry on ourselves from here.

Oic, but if it their fault why not let them(CD) rectify for you??

You as a customer, sure can tell them to do it for you mah. :dunno::unsure:

Unless the defect is not cause by them.

think i understand why lynnnie is hesitant to get CD to rectify. We have the same fear.

My experience: After overlay, my toilet door cannot close as the sink was in the way. Plumber came to move the sink which is suppose to be a simple process right? BUT, this bo bo plumber damaged my wall tiles when he was moving my sink!!!!!! and this means got to get the tiler in to redo the tiles. after that, we got so much cleaning to do, so much dust...

See, 1 oversight from CD (forgot we have overlay) wasted so much time and effort from our side. For them, it is easy to say, we send man up to rectify. but cos their sub con are not that good / careful, one thing leads to the next. We are super duper stress when their pple come up to do things. we learn from experience to watch all their workers like hawk. cannot leave them alone. cos they are always so careless, knock here, hit there... end up having more recitfication work to add to the list.

Steve: you are very very lucky not to have to go thru all these. it is actually the frustrations that is difficult to deal with. Yes, i definitely appreciate CD being responsible in doing the recitification work. But all these could have been avoided if they have paid more attention to the project and be there to supervise their sub con's work.

Edited by tea

think i understand why lynnnie is hesitant to get CD to rectify. We have the same fear.

My experience: After overlay, my toilet door cannot close as the sink was in the way. Plumber came to move the sink which is suppose to be a simple process right? BUT, this bo bo plumber damaged my wall tiles when he was moving my sink!!!!!! and this means got to get the tiler in to redo the tiles. after that, we got so much cleaning to do, so much dust...

See, 1 oversight from CD (forgot we have overlay) wasted so much time and effort from our side. For them, it is easy to say, we send man up to rectify. but cos their sub con are not that good / careful, one thing leads to the next. We are super duper stress when their pple come up to do things. we learn from experience to watch all their workers like hawk. cannot leave them alone. cos they are always so careless, knock here, hit there... end up having more recitfication work to add to the list.

Steve: you are very very lucky not to have to go thru all these. it is actually the frustrations that is difficult to deal with. Yes, i definitely appreciate CD being responsible in doing the rectification work. But all these could have been avoided if they have paid more attention to the project and be there to supervise their sub con's work.

Yes i'm indeed consider very lucky :D:bow: Not much rectification work.

But if CD keep having rectification means cost are incurred, than their profit margin is --- :dunno::dunno:

Thought less rectification than they earn more mah :unsure::unsure:

Hmmm....I dont know how it's work.

But I think they sub con for each individual works.

And agreeable with the sub con that any rectification works, they will have to fix it without incuring any cost....something like that???

If not, then the sub con can anyhow do for the owner and CD will have to call them again and CD have to pay them again....sound like no logic at all.

.......But if CD keep having rectification means cost are incurred, than their profit margin is --- :dunno::dunno:

Thought less rectification than they earn more mah :unsure::unsure:

Recently just completed my renovation under Classic Design.

Feeling not that good.

Have this problem with them especially things I wanted to do was always replied with: Cannot lah...and gave lots of excuses....

Overall, I would say so so.....50 50.

Edited by hairy