Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Any Feedback On Classic Design

Hello InterigueR

I am not here to pick a fight with you and I cant be bother to argue with you everytime I see this thread!

I want a fair judgement and comments in this forum.

Maybe mine happened to be in peak period and there are lots of customers that mine is being overlooked! Maybe no proper follow up (my guess) and maybe no monitoring.

Maybe they use their lousy sub con to do my place and rectification after recitifcation. Call after call, sms after sms.

Maybe cd gave you a better sub con that everything is 'perfect'.

Hello H4happy

That is terrible and you should ask for compensation or hack all the tiles and redo on your granite flooring for a bad worksmanship. The tilers should hold responsibility for it.

AY

I just want to vent our my anger why it must be me (customer) that suffer much than the rest!

nope i'm not pointing fingers at anyone.. i'm just stating my feel in general.

please do not get sensitive...

when i say try out other IDs, i DO NOT mean hacking everything off and get another contractor. What i'm trying to imply is, now that you have tried CD, for the next flat, or probably parents flat, or a 2nd condo unit... try other IDs...

and when i say its all very individual, i mean.. whether you like an ID firm or not is very individual... no one can force u to like, or dun like.

We all can see here that there are VERY unhappy customers of CD, also.. do not forget that there are VERY happy customers of CD too!

*sigh* why must everyone feel that this is a fighting thread... and why should anyone get sensitive over open talk and comments over here?

have we ever reflected on what we do unto others that causes reluctance to respond, reply or even rectify??

*i'm saying maybe only... i know this would light a torch somewhere but i mean no harm...*

P/S: I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYONE HERE AGAIN... please do not get emotional and sensitive and start "screaming" in here again...

just citing an example of "you yin bi you guo" 有因必有果... aka what goes round comes round...

anyways, this would prolly be my last post here... the world goes round...

economy is breaking down and i'd rather spend my time a little bit more wise than to be in this little volcano eruption...

Cheers guys... Peace out and... Happy living in your new homes! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi YOKO

What happen to the design issues?

You have a nice pink frosted glass! Is it? Is it that there are such colours beside the usual green frosted glass?

HAPPY

design wise is not what i wanted.. her designs are too complicated(put in a lot of things).. and whatever i suggested are turned down.. so in de end never choose them lo..

there is a pink backing glass like those black, normal type... available in quite a few colours.. blue, orange n etc...

:)

Hi YOKO

Thanks for your information. I dont know that there are colours for backing glass. I should choose 1 colour that is matching to my top cabinet colour!

Mine has not much design for my cabinet or display cabinet..etc....due the huge amount of time lost in granite floor problems! That I simply say ok for everything...and to get thing done asap as my family members and I are too stress out with this. Not to say others!

Glad that my renovation is done with half half happy and sad mood. (especially looking at my sis, my mum and my wife)

I also notice that beside your kitchen cabinet, you install a bi fold door? Overall I find your place nicely done up by your id! Well done!

Maybe your suggestion are hard to do?

HAPPY

design wise is not what i wanted.. her designs are too complicated(put in a lot of things).. and whatever i suggested are turned down.. so in de end never choose them lo..

there is a pink backing glass like those black, normal type... available in quite a few colours.. blue, orange n etc...

:)

Hello InterigueR

I am not here to pick a fight with you and I cant be bother to argue with you everytime I see this thread!

I want a fair judgement and comments in this forum.

Maybe mine happened to be in peak period and there are lots of customers that mine is being overlooked! Maybe no proper follow up (my guess) and maybe no monitoring.

Maybe they use their lousy sub con to do my place and rectification after recitifcation. Call after call, sms after sms.

Maybe cd gave you a better sub con that everything is 'perfect'.

Hello H4happy

That is terrible and you should ask for compensation or hack all the tiles and redo on your granite flooring for a bad worksmanship. The tilers should hold responsibility for it.

AY

I just want to vent our my anger why it must be me (customer) that suffer much than the rest!

Hairy: i share the same sentiments. I think we used CD at the peak of their business. we felt not much focus / attention was put on our project. we hardly see any of the cd pple on site to monitor the progress. my hubby was there to oversee everything. a big portion of my life during the reno period goes like this.

morning at about 1030 - 11am: call gina and check with her what is going to be done, who is going to do what at what time... etc.

afternoon: call hubby n check if the things gina said were done...

evening: go on site to check

next day: same cycle starts.

tell me how not to feel frustrated. it is like, if i don do the above cycle everyday, i am sure, more things will fall off the plate. and the reno completion will be delayed further. Honestly, only pple who go thru all these **** will know why we are so frustrated.

It is true that that the group of sub con we get will affect our experience with CD. I kena a bad electricial n plumber.

what went wrong for your reno?

Think Happy got it bad as well. The granite tiling was badly done. The toilet door was not fixed properly... etc.

Intrique: tony brought us to your place before we sign up with them. I can understand why you are a happy customer. we like your place as well. The carpentry and tiling were well done. we signed up partly after seeing your tiling. but I really don know why our tiling is not as good as yours...

I also notice that beside your kitchen cabinet, you install a bi fold door? Overall I find your place nicely done up by your id! Well done!

Maybe your suggestion are hard to do?

HAPPY

Thanks for the compliments.. its a pd door.. not bi-fold..

bo la.. my suggestions are normal stuffs.. where i wan my hse to have.. like hacking wall to put glass in my bedroom and etc... she told me outdated and bla bla.. haha.. i think she wants to do what she used to do... play safe.. so it lost my interest as well...

I have been surfing renotalk but not posting because i was too disappointed with how my renovation went....i decided to post now because i feel i can relate to those who had suffered during renovation of their new house...

when i was choosing my ID... i did went to visit CD and the show flat they bought me to at Mebina didnt impress me because i felt alot of the carpentry looked the same n mass manufactured..... in the end thinking i was clever and made a good decision... i decided to sign up with another ID which gave me **** as well.... my reno screw up from the start and till now it hasnt finish yet its been almost 5mths....

i had to do what tea does close monitoring almost every day but most of the time the sub con din even turn when the id say they will.... workmanship was crapped and there was all sorts of problems with a rectification list that cant even fit into a A4 size paper... the whole process puts so much stress on us home owner that it affected our relationship.....

Home owners who had pleasant renovation experience will never be able to fully understand the fustrations of owners who had to endure a nightmarish experience plus fork out hard earned money to pay for lousy attitude and crap workmanship.... so in fairness just be a little more sensitive to the feelings of others when you jumped to the defence of the ID who may have really done a good job for you.... i dont think there will be anyone who would purposely whack their id if they have done a decent job....

They do have quite a impressive design in membina.

I dont know whether you have visited my house or not (probably you never especially with the condition of my floor tiles) as mine is very min renovation.

As I said before, the tiles work killed us off! I am not blaming gina or CD but that tiler (Ah SENG) mess up everything with patchy here and there, Gina claimed the tiler got 20 over years of experiences......especially the comment he gave! I nearly punch him that day!

Gina offered to change tiles (I am really happy for her afford and good services!) and actually I expected another granite tilers that is more experience than the 1st one. But horror, I saw the same tiler came and re-do some of the tiles!

In the end, still the same, my mum finally snapped and told me off, STOP THE REDO and carry on the rest! Lots of quarrels between my sis, mum and my wife. I am indeed under lots of STRESS! Who knows? Nobody! If I ever meet Ah SENG that horror tiler, I might whack him upside down!

... did went to visit CD and the show flat they bought me to at Mebina didnt impress me because i felt alot of the carpentry looked the same n mass manufactured.....
Edited by h4happy

You must make sure what you want, they agreed and write down on the paper AND not at the site, THEY BEGAN TO GAVE EXCUSES, THAT CANNOT BE DONE. THIS CANNOT BE DONE!!! I encountered this and I really pissed off!

some pointers for newbies in first time renovation:

dun just talk.. make sure ur contractor draw out your design.. in 2D format with measurement and everything.. i didn't get my 3D drawing as my reno project was quite rush but 2D that work fine for me..

Yoko: i get what you mean. cos during the discussion phrase, we told gina wat we wanted for the hse. That is asian theme (mixed of bali, peranakan..) and most impt, easy maintainence. but when she started the designing, she suggested a lot of dark mirrors. Yes, the dark mirror are nice and will make the place classic. but it didn't fulfil the asian theme n easy maintainence part. so in the end, we decide to use them as a contractor (minus the designing part). Hubby drew out all the design we wanted in 2d and gave it to her. so eventually the hse design was very closed to wat we wanted. :) But it was not easy to convince her of wat we wanted cos she keeps telling us this is not nice and that is not nice. We appreciate her advice but I think she have to understand certain theme cannot go well with certain design.

oh, you used PD door? i had that for my storeroom at the old place. I like PD door. :) but sometimes, it does get a bit jam.

Cresendo: Credit to be given to CD as they did follow up very quickly on my reno recitification. Tony was very responsive during that period. on the whole, i think gina n tony are sincere pple. just that they are not that detailed when it comes to project management. So if you heng heng, sub con do a good job, then all is well. but if the opposite happens, then ....

For our case, frustrations builds up as we cannot understand how come they are so hands off the project and instructions we told them were not put into actions or taken to hearts. to us, more effort spent on the project will mean less time on the rectification work. sigh.

Happy: you mean your mum, sister and wife quarrel among themselves or with CD? Must be very stressful for you either way.

Agree with Hairy, new customers please make sure everything is written down in black and white. if cannot be written down, then draw and indicate measurement etc. this is to prevent misunderstanding for all parties - CD / Sub cons / customers.

Do CD still bring their customers to that "black" lighting shop? (i saw h4happy almost got chopped carrot that time, phew)

i have heard abt that incident, got 1 comment, hope wun offend anyone ;)

- If i am a reno company, i should know the price of lightings than anybody else. Correct?

So if i were to recommend my customer to a lighting shop, i will know whether is the shop's price reasonable or not.

If my customer blur blur just buy a light that cost double the market price, i should have helped my customer to negotiate the price, or tell my customer not to buy correct? how come CD can just let h4happy pay the $ and go? (unless the ID is not there with his client).

"Its like throwing my customer into the sea to feed shark, then pull my customer back from the sea after my customer realised that there is shark there.."

Yes, quarrel with my wife, mum and my sister..virtually everything during renovation.

They are totally pissed off by them.

And I am so guilty and bear all the responsibility (since I choose CD for my unit and my mum's unit).

I paid all the cost for the mum/sis renovation.

It was suppose to be a happy renovation, sweet and hard work memory but alias...things screw up during the tiling process. Real screw up! Now is coming to year end, my mum floor still patchy and grout line rough and cut leg feeling. Same as my house also!

In the end, I burnt a hole in my pocket as I pay 2 units cost of renovation!

Happy: you mean your mum, sister and wife quarrel among themselves or with CD? Must be very stressful for you either way.

Yes, quarrel with my wife, mum and my sister..virtually everything during renovation.

They are totally pissed off by them.

And I am so guilty and bear all the responsibility (since I choose CD for my unit and my mum's unit).

I paid all the cost for the mum/sis renovation.

It was suppose to be a happy renovation, sweet and hard work memory but alias...things screw up during the tiling process. Real screw up! Now is coming to year end, my mum floor still patchy and grout line rough and cut leg feeling. Same as my house also!

In the end, I burnt a hole in my pocket as I pay 2 units cost of renovation!

hehe so nice of u to pay all the cost for ur mum/sis reno.

Hello YG

How's life in membine????

Yeah, that light shop: Prima Lighting.

Was nearly get chop by the sale girls and the sale girl even ask me to pay full which I blur blur pay up. Suppose to pay deposit. Total cost both unit is $4k+!!!

Then following day, went went to Prima Lighting as need to purchase some more, but went to another light house to check and horror! The price is double of what prima is charging!

We called Gina/Tony and they managed to tell Prima boss to cancel all the cost!

Of course with my sister help as she is very stern and I am not.

HAPPY

Do CD still bring their customers to that "black" lighting shop? (i saw h4happy almost got chopped carrot that time, phew)

i have heard abt that incident, got 1 comment, hope wun offend anyone ;)

- If i am a reno company, i should know the price of lightings than anybody else. Correct?

So if i were to recommend my customer to a lighting shop, i will know whether is the shop's price reasonable or not.

If my customer blur blur just buy a light that cost double the market price, i should have helped my customer to negotiate the price, or tell my customer not to buy correct? how come CD can just let h4happy pay the $ and go? (unless the ID is not there with his client).

"Its like throwing my customer into the sea to feed shark, then pull my customer back from the sea after my customer realised that there is shark there.."

What to do?

I pick id/con, they (mum n sis n wife) not happy with the reno, so I pay all loh to make them less hateful.

hehe so nice of u to pay all the cost for ur mum/sis reno.

Hello YG

How's life in membine????

Yeah, that light shop: Prima Lighting.

hehe ok we will take note of Prima Lighting. Life is Membina is good, everytime hungry can just go downstairs to buy mixed rice, v convenient keke. But clothes v difficult to dry. sigh. Somemore nowadays raining. I also dun dare to hang my clothes outside cos scared got birds come and dirty it. My neighbour everyday open his door, so safety wise also quite good cos they r my live security guard :)

How's your life at membina also? haiyo i think ur clothes can be easily dry loh cos u stay so high, so windy..btw do u hang ur clothes outside or inside the kitchen?

Hi YG

Life in membina good, normally I hang my shorts and children shorts outside. Only shirt use hanger, hang inside.

My living room very windy especially when open the main door.

These few days, dont need to switch on fan, virtually all power are off at night!! Save money lah. Bills up $75++!!!!

HAPPY

hehe ok we will take note of Prima Lighting. Life is Membina is good, everytime hungry can just go downstairs to buy mixed rice, v convenient keke. But clothes v difficult to dry. sigh. Somemore nowadays raining. I also dun dare to hang my clothes outside cos scared got birds come and dirty it. My neighbour everyday open his door, so safety wise also quite good cos they r my live security guard :)

How's your life at membina also? haiyo i think ur clothes can be easily dry loh cos u stay so high, so windy..btw do u hang ur clothes outside or inside the kitchen?