Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
allright1688

Since 2006, How Much % Has New Hdb Flats' Price Increase?

Hi all,

Nowadays, what we can see and read from newspaper or TV is only the resale HDB market's statistical data, where can we find or explore the situation for new HDB flat during this same period?

Some friends said that the new HDB prices are set based on resale market rate, but does this mean the new HDB price also has increased so much at the same time?

Please kindly advise or give some real data if you have any idea about this topic, thank you.

Best regards,

allright

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Nowadays, what we can see and read from newspaper or TV is only the resale HDB market's statistical data, where can we find or explore the situation for new HDB flat during this same period?

Some friends said that the new HDB prices are set based on resale market rate, but does this mean the new HDB price also has increased so much at the same time?

Please kindly advise or give some real data if you have any idea about this topic, thank you.

Best regards,

allright

2008 III (Flash Estimate) 137.4

II 131.9

I 126.2

2007 IV 121.7

III 115.1

II 108.0

I 104.9

2006 IV 103.6

III 102.6

II 102.8

I 101.8

so compare with year 2006, it's 137.4/((103.6+102.6+102.8+101.8)/4) - 100% = 33.8%

2008 III (Flash Estimate) 137.4

II 131.9

I 126.2

2007 IV 121.7

III 115.1

II 108.0

I 104.9

2006 IV 103.6

III 102.6

II 102.8

I 101.8

so compare with year 2006, it's 137.4/((103.6+102.6+102.8+101.8)/4) - 100% = 33.8%

Thanks, I understand that the above data is for HDB resale market, however, my main concern is how about the data for NEW HDB flats' sale? thanks.

Good question!

If HDB's own words are any guide, then yes, since they pegged their new flats' prices to the market, then the new flats' prices would have increased on the same percentile as the resale flats' prices.

However I am quite sure this is a number that HDB does not want you to know, hence no black and white stats on it.

If one day they gonna announce their new flat selling index, i beg it will b more than 33.6% of the resale index.. But i dun think they wld b that gullible to break their own rice bowl. So might as well publish some internationally award winning for public housing telling all.. hey singapore.. we r providing an A*FFORDABLE roof for all poor n riches... .. :good: best in sg n jb.. EAT.THE.NATIONALLY recognised..

Thanks, I understand that the above data is for HDB resale market, however, my main concern is how about the data for NEW HDB flats' sale? thanks.

ok, sorry, i misunderstood u...

resale price might drop over time, but has the price for new flats ever come down before?

yes the price for new flats move with the resale market

take for example the EA in my cluster

when new, it was going for almost $450k

then it went all the way down to $300k after seven years (2006)

then in 2007 it slowly went back up again

brand new flats from HDB i.e. old but never sold :yamseng:

Hi all,

Best regards,

allright

when the resale prices go up, the new HDB prices also go up... read the news... it's pretty obvious there is no such thing as welfare or free lunch in this country

when the resale prices go up, the new HDB prices also go up... read the news... it's pretty obvious there is no such thing as welfare or free lunch in this country
How lucky we are. Wouldn't want our country to be a "social welfare state" do we?

But there are actually free lunch available in some temples around the island.

Who say there is no free lunch?!

wonder who would go to a temple on a day when they provide the so-called free lunch, eat there without leavin a token to the respective gods?

wonder who would go to a temple on a day when they provide the so-called free lunch, eat there without leavin a token to the respective gods?

Erm, obviously you haven't eaten at a temple before, otherwise you would know that there are ALOT of people who really just eat and go.

But I know what you trying to say lah...anywayy! Haha... :notti::dunno:

If new HDB flat prices keep dropping like stocks prices..no one will buy...everyone will wait n wait for a lower low......so be glad that it keep rising.....at least it an asset. :)

What puzzles me is why only 4 months of resale data? Why not 12 or 24 mths?

Probably HDB doesn't want us to compare the data too much or know too much.

Edited by Red

Actually data or no data meaningless...people will just follow valuation......

Normally those who compare alot are not serious buyer and seller.

Those who are really buying or selling normally won't compare. Just based on valuation, bid and ask. :)

What's the point? A transaction done 12 months ago does not have any relevance to you buying/selling now, much less for one that is done 24 months ago.

But if you really want, you can always collate the info yourself to get 12 or 24 mths, or even 36 mths! So if you start now you will get your 24 mths info in Oct 2010 lor.

Ok seriously, you can always get an agent to generate the info for you; most agencies do collate such information, or they will subscribe to the appropriate database for it.