Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pris01

$23k For 4rm "a" Resale Flat, Quotation Expensive?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haahahaa...actually ah, once work start i really dont know how much is the actual cost. Add here add there, deduct here deduct there. Best is you see the quote, see the price, THEN request to see their current projects?

Sometimes on paper so cheap, you see the project, the quality so @#$#@$# you will suddenly find the price very expensive.

Hubby and i seek quote from 5 companies, but in the end went with my colleague's contractor (NOT ID) after seeing his work at two locations.

our damage if you're interested :P :

5room resale 122sqm. Hack everything save for the walls and structural pillars and redo all wiring and plumbing

redo all floors and waterproofing etc,

replace kitchen wall tiles,

rebuilt kitchen bases and concrete base for sink which will later be covered by carpentry,

doing only bottom kitchen cabinets (total of about 5 metres long; 2+3 on two separate walls, 1m of which is a full height cabinet to the ceiling),

1 fixed panel shower stall (ie no door),

1 false ceiling and 4 sets of lightboxes (hard to define area, by 1 set i mean 1 room),

shift rubbish chute slightly in the most legal possible way and supply and install new rubbish chute,

shift 1 door entrance from right to left side of wall,

1 feature wall for tv

1 7-feet long wardrobe for MBR w. 1 sliding door covered with mirror

2 bifold doors

1 normal (ie not glass) sliding door for kitchen entrance (so called free but what the ****...)

All in all, initial contract is for $29k.

this EXCLUDES cost of wiring (each light pt, power pt etc costs $$$), soft close rails for the kitchen (my contractor only giving 4 sets free), and aircon.

no changes to doors and windows.

But later we didnt shift the door entrance we intended to shift, and we bought our own chute cover ($85) and he install for free (if he supply and install = $220. pui!)

:P

Seems everything's ok and consider ok..however what is your expectation money are u going to spend for the whole renovation..think about it and discuss more with your contractor..and the most important things make sure that the contractor is trustworthy....beware of certain renovation firms that i have listed out in this forum...good luck to you...pm me if you want to know more ..no harm to share with you...hope everyhting is smooth and fine with you...

good luck :dancingqueen: