Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

A Place To Call Our Own

I now have 2 issues.

1) The toilet feature wall tile is on the side at the back of the WC but will be opposite my shower head. I think it looks quite weird but my Id says its ok. Meaning, the light grey tiles is on the side of my shower head instead. If I were to shift the feature wall to the side of the shower head, then it will be facing the WC which will be quite weird also. *sigh*

2) The kitchen wall tiles is 30x60 and has subtle lines going in a perpendicular direction to the long side of the tiles. This means that if I place the wall tiles verticall (the 60cm side of the tile perpendicular to the floor), the subtle lines on the tiles will be in a horizontal position which is what I prefer. However, if I were to place it that way, the ceiling will look to be much taller. My id says the subtle lines moving in horizontal will make up for the way the tiles is placed and that was the effect that he wanted. Not too sure how would it be as so far, I noticed that most kitchen wall tiles are in a horizontal placement (meaning the 60cm side is parallel to the floor). On checking with the ID again, he says either way is fine and that if I really prefer the horizontal placement, he can do it too. Now I am a bit worrried as to how to place the tile or to change it :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks inadvance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yup, You are right. Only prob now i am facing is, the shower head will be on the opposite side of the toilet bowl. Meaning that the feature wall will be directly opposite where I place the shower head :(.

Think that might look weird and make it hard for me as the water hitting the feature wall portion will be hard to clean off due to soap, etc.... :dunno:

Will raise this concern to the ID. Only thought about it last night...haha, keep thinking about the house's reno now...

yup yup you are right. But cos we are pulling the sink outside of the toilet, we don't really have this problem.

Just for curiousity sake, how did you solve your issue?

wow. mbr bathroom sink outside de bathroom?

erms. i'll be using a mirror to block one of the window, cos i have 2. cos my ID says using a wooden block will not be good in the long run, esp in de toilet, where there's alot of water condensation. de wood will rot over time.

wow. mbr bathroom sink outside de bathroom?

erms. i'll be using a mirror to block one of the window, cos i have 2. cos my ID says using a wooden block will not be good in the long run, esp in de toilet, where there's alot of water condensation. de wood will rot over time.

ic. I also have 2 windows side by side in the MBR toilet. a bit irritated by that but no choice haha...thats also one of the reasons we wanted to shift the sink out. another reason is cos the toilet is small and cant really have a proper vanity top should i want to use shower screen

ya, the sink I am moving to just outside the MBR toilet door and connectinig it with my WIW. this way, from the outside, it looks like one full wardrobe but from the other side, it has one 2ft or larger vanity top at the side.

My wardrobe will approximately 6ft for my wife and then followed by another 4ft on the other sidefor me keke....

Edited by Cloudy

spam spam :dancingqueen:

ur hse is the exact plan of my old flat!

bedrooms r big de lor :)

I saw another place at Bukit Batok with my exact floorplan.

Which area were you staying at last time?

y not choose another wall tiles? i would very much prefer to lay my wall tiles horizontally. so wun find a tile tat have vertical lines when layed horizontal

I now have 2 issues.

1) The toilet feature wall tile is on the side at the back of the WC but will be opposite my shower head. I think it looks quite weird but my Id says its ok. Meaning, the light grey tiles is on the side of my shower head instead. If I were to shift the feature wall to the side of the shower head, then it will be facing the WC which will be quite weird also. *sigh*

2) The kitchen wall tiles is 30x60 and has subtle lines going in a perpendicular direction to the long side of the tiles. This means that if I place the wall tiles verticall (the 60cm side of the tile perpendicular to the floor), the subtle lines on the tiles will be in a horizontal position which is what I prefer. However, if I were to place it that way, the ceiling will look to be much taller. My id says the subtle lines moving in horizontal will make up for the way the tiles is placed and that was the effect that he wanted. Not too sure how would it be as so far, I noticed that most kitchen wall tiles are in a horizontal placement (meaning the 60cm side is parallel to the floor). On checking with the ID again, he says either way is fine and that if I really prefer the horizontal placement, he can do it too. Now I am a bit worrried as to how to place the tile or to change it :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks inadvance!

haha on both cases I agree with your ID.

1) Think shower opp the feature wall looks alright. As for the soap issue.. you cannot have a screen? not enough space meh... prolly a bit narrow but can build all 1500mm so that it's not too small. I think shifting the feature wall is not good cos when the light shines in, it is reflected off the dark surface which isn't much so the bathroom will still be a bit dark.

2) I think the pattern on the tiles will compensate for the way it is placed really. But since it really bothers you and you haven't tile, why not pick new tiles? :)

Hey cloudy, i think my house is almost similar in your layout except for the common toilet and passage way. I couldnt think of a good idea to do a WIW in my MBR which is exactly the same as yours, would u mind to show me yours? :)

I saw another place at Bukit Batok with my exact floorplan.

Which area were you staying at last time?

Yishun

y not choose another wall tiles? i would very much prefer to lay my wall tiles horizontally. so wun find a tile tat have vertical lines when layed horizontal

i second ur tots! cos mine was lay vertical order and i see horizontal lines!!! argghhh but then ID assure me that after black grouting it will not be visible :bangwall:

i second ur tots! cos mine was lay vertical order and i see horizontal lines!!! argghhh but then ID assure me that after black grouting it will not be visible :bangwall:

Thanks for all the advice!

Will speak with my ID again on this. But like what some have said, maybe the horizontal subtle lines wil compensate for the difference cos my kitchen is already very long le. so dun know if place horizontal tiles will make it look longer or not...dilenma. Problem is, we can't really visualise and the 3D diagram given to use by the ID is actually on a horizontal tile placement and not a vertical as per what he told us. :dunno:

hehe. seems like black grouting is getting common, esp when most of us are using black tiles everywhere :dancingqueen:

initially my iD suggested me to use a tile which oso when laid horizontal, will have the lines on the tiles going vertical. i immediately decide to choose some other tiles.

hehe. seems like black grouting is getting common, esp when most of us are using black tiles everywhere :dancingqueen:

initially my iD suggested me to use a tile which oso when laid horizontal, will have the lines on the tiles going vertical. i immediately decide to choose some other tiles.

ya black grouting is gd ...cos wont see dirt easily!! :dancingqueen:

so nw i pray hard the lines wont be visible after patching up

Hey cloudy, i think my house is almost similar in your layout except for the common toilet and passage way. I couldnt think of a good idea to do a WIW in my MBR which is exactly the same as yours, would u mind to show me yours? :)

No probs.

The layout was our suggestion to the ID. Basically, we already know roughly what we wanted but just do not know the colour combi, the practicallity and what laminates to use. That is where Andrew helped us tremendously.

mbr2dvk1.th.jpgthpix.gif

sorry, no 3D pictures cos we did not do much carpentry so mainly have only 2 3D diagrams from the ID. The kitchen and the WIW placement. But he did give us a complementry 3D on our living room which we really appreciate.

I think if I did more carpentry, he would be able to give us more diagrams cos can offset the 3D cost but then no budget so suck thumb :(

ya black grouting is gd ...cos wont see dirt easily!! :dancingqueen:

so nw i pray hard the lines wont be visible after patching up

haha. ya lo. esp for me, i hate to see white grouting turn black. so black grouting is juz so perfect for me