Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

A Place To Call Our Own

My first t-blog attempt so hopefully, I can keep up with the excitement and continue to update this blog :P

Bought a 4 RM Flat at Clemeti West St 1. Had loads of issue with our ERA agent but decided to give up chasing the company as they have turned to ignoring me after telling me that I have to pay. Now, turning my full attention to my house instead. Getting keys on 28th Oct!!! *Whistle* :dancingqueen:

Its a corner unit and a 4A 4 room flat. Total of 102 sqm. Would have preferred to buy a resale at Clementi Central area but the prices there are really really scary :(. In the end, decided to buy somewhere which is a couple of stps away.

Fortunately, there is no lack of amenities around my area, with West Coast Plaza opening soon (Hope it will be much more successful then Ginza Plaza) and a wet market that is undergoing renovation just across the Plaza.

The back of my house is facing the NUS hostel so its quite silent at night. A bit worried for my wife as its kinda isolated at night and quite dark. Hope all this will change once the upgrading completes and all the partitions are removed.

Anyway, here is the floorplan of my little haven.

floorplan1qr2.th.jpg

We have been sourcing for an ID for 2 over months now and finally decided on Andrew Ho from Rezt & Relax. During our search, these are the following IDs that we have seen and were not very satisfied with.

1) Home Guide - Kean (Nearly settled for him if not for the carpentry)

2) Inzen - Roy (He was late and having a hang over on the day of meeting us so we weren't very pleased)

3) Innerview - Fabyen

4) Gplan - Kevlvin (Gave us quote but disappeared after a while and never got back to us)

5) Rezt & Relax - Andrew Ho (Nice and patient guy. Hope all turns all fine after we have signed with him)

6) Ideal House - Johnny (Very rush when talking us.)

7) My ex-contractor (His tiling works are superb and price is cheaper. But sadly, we have to co-ordinate oursleves which we did not have the time)

8) Space Inspirations - (hardsell tactics. No actualy project to show us and did not want to let us leave when we said not interested. bad attitude...)

Will continue my update on my first appointment with Andrew after having signed the contract with him.

Stay Tuned!!

Edited by Cloudy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Inzen ID hangover? hahaha...really? Can tell ah???

Haha, he was aout an hour late and when he arrived, he was kinda slurring and his eyes were like out of foucs...look like just had hang over on Sat night.

It is fine actually. But then we were just worried that if he were to do this at nights when he is renovating our house, then we might be able t trust him in the day when he is supposed to supervise the works :P

anyway, heard lots of great stuff from him here so the above is just based on our first impression of him thats all :) no offence intended to him or anyone.

I like the layout! the bedrooms altogether in one place...

I guess buy house we all have to give and take some.. unless we have too much money to spare of course.

Good luck for your reno!

Congrats on getting your new place! :)

What's your reno theme like?

My theme is resort.

Rezt & Relax is an ID firm located at Joo chiat there.

OHHH I just walked past it ytd... looked very nice. The firm's design I mean.

wa another resort style house... Me looking forward to pictures! :)

Had an appointment with Andrew on Saturday. Took up his time from 11am till 4pm :P

His suggestion to us for a resort theme would be to use warm earth colors. Hence, our home will be largely in the colors of brown, beige, white. Sounds quite boring actually but then again, how to make it nice will depend on his skills :notti: . What we planned to do was to tell him our concern that we do not want too dark a theme and then its up to him to work something out that fits our expectations :dancingqueen: This is def the reason why we wanted an ID instead of a contractor.

Had a really hard time deciding the color as we found it hard to visualise how a large piece of wall will look like based on the color charts provided by him. Luckily, most of the suggestions made by him sounded good to us so we kinda managed to settle the paint and laminates within 2 hours or so. Giving him the benefit of the doubt of the colour combination cos he is the expert afterall.

After the color selection, its off the to tile shop at defu lane. Spent about an hour there with him mixing and matching the colors. We werent too happy with the living room tile so decided to go back and ponder about it. Made another appointment with him and we had another 2 hour session today at Soon Bee Huat to look at yet more tiles. Nice and patient fellow thus far. This week alone, he has to meet us 3 times. Tomorrow night I will be bringing him to the house to have an on-site inspection. Kinda appreciate the fact that he knows we are out of time and agreed to make time for us these 3 days. Hope when works start, he will be just as nice and patient. Oh well, keeping my fingers crossed.

Finally, choose all the tiles (in the end, we changed a total of 2 tiles plus selected the living room tile from SBH instead) and now, our hacking is scheduled to start on the 4th Nov!! Can't wait for it!! btw, will get keys tomorrow so will take some pictures of the current state and post online. So keep a look out!!

We have also gotten the green light from Andrew that our furniture will fit the theme. Will post the pictures in the next thread.

Edited by Cloudy

your sofa is really nice!! where did u get it... how much $?

Thanks pinkpetter. Me and my wife really like the sofa. Been sourcing high and low for resort type of sofa. Most of them are either wood or ratten. For wood, we find that it look quite chunky. For the ratten types, we are afraid that with time, the weaves might start to come loose and then might be pricky when we touch the surface. Hence, decided to settle on Bamboo.

The sofa cost a whooping 1.9k!! We only managed to knock down the price by an additional 5% :(. Afte getting it, decided not to look any further haha...**** worried will find somewhere selling the same set for 1k :P

Bought from ratten pacific at IMM. The sofa base cushion is made from some high density foam which is resistant to sagging. Hope it is really as true as they claim :P