Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

A Place To Call Our Own

WAH I love the dining lights!! Superb!

Glad your ID saved the day and your problem was resolved. :) All's well again!

haha, ya man...hope he keeps this up. Tiling seems ok. next will have to wait and see his coordination for the electric points, lights, air con, window, fittings, etc. Most importantly, have to see his carpentry. If its anywhere near what I saw at one of the show flat tha the brought me to, then I shouldnt have much to worry about...but then....till now, I am keeping my fingers crossed....

Somehow, maybe its just that I think too much....but...its my first time reno-ing my own house so a bit on the gan jiong and everything wanna know that kinda feeling sigh,....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha I know what you mean. My first time too and it's not my own house. (not solely la)

mm must be mentally prepared ok? as long as no major hiccups then it's a great reno journey :)

*sigh* just received quote from ID for the tiles in excess that I have to top up. Come up to 800 over bucks!! faints.

My own fault also. I keep thinking the price listed was per tile. In actual fact, its psf. Hence, if I get a $1 in excess tile for my living room which is like 400sqft, I would have to top up $400!!

Some people ask me how come is not ID give me the revised quote then I agree to use that tile or not. I can't really blame him on this cos I myself had been thinking its per tile price. Hence, when Andrew did not give me the revised quote to confirm before purchasing the tiles, I also no chase him for it. Its only when now I was thinking of adding carpentry that i chase him for the revise quote so that I can see if I can still afford more stuff..

Thats why got a shock when I received it today haiz....nothing I can do lah already laid. Andrew told me he try to see if can negotiate the price cost with SBH. waiting to see outcome loh. haiz...

so people, please don make the same mistake as me. Price quoted is per sqft and not per tile. And if can. don be overconfident (like me), please get quote then confirm purchase of tiles. Else be prepared for a shock lol...

*sigh* just received quote from ID for the tiles in excess that I have to top up. Come up to 800 over bucks!! faints.

My own fault also. I keep thinking the price listed was per tile. In actual fact, its psf. Hence, if I get a $1 in excess tile for my living room which is like 400sqft, I would have to top up $400!!

Some people ask me how come is not ID give me the revised quote then I agree to use that tile or not. I can't really blame him on this cos I myself had been thinking its per tile price. Hence, when Andrew did not give me the revised quote to confirm before purchasing the tiles, I also no chase him for it. Its only when now I was thinking of adding carpentry that i chase him for the revise quote so that I can see if I can still afford more stuff..

Thats why got a shock when I received it today haiz....nothing I can do lah already laid. Andrew told me he try to see if can negotiate the price cost with SBH. waiting to see outcome loh. haiz...

so people, please don make the same mistake as me. Price quoted is per sqft and not per tile. And if can. don be overconfident (like me), please get quote then confirm purchase of tiles. Else be prepared for a shock lol...

erms.. in my case, i will ask my ID, i choose this tile can? den c if he can cover the cost for me. if can't den i will change tile wor. hopefully my ID gets wat i meant. scarly de price all come back to me. faints

erms.. in my case, i will ask my ID, i choose this tile can? den c if he can cover the cost for me. if can't den i will change tile wor. hopefully my ID gets wat i meant. scarly de price all come back to me. faints

Andrew did inform me that he cant cover for me the tiles that I purchase from SBH. The rest which we chose from Defu lane were all below 3 bucks. With the except of 1 that is 4.80 for the window portion of my MBR toilet which he absorbed.

thats why I said is also my mistake that I mistook it to be in excess of each tile. should have read the lines more carefully that it is psf :dunno:

Andrew did inform me that he cant cover for me the tiles that I purchase from SBH. The rest which we chose from Defu lane were all below 3 bucks. With the except of 1 that is 4.80 for the window portion of my MBR toilet which he absorbed.

thats why I said is also my mistake that I mistook it to be in excess of each tile. should have read the lines more carefully that it is psf :dunno:

oo. fair enugh la. if ur id did indicate before tat he cant cover the cost of the tiles for u, den u still went ahead n choose it, den u got to pay lo :(

but if nv indicate, den suddenly give me VO, i will :jawdrop:

oo. fair enugh la. if ur id did indicate before tat he cant cover the cost of the tiles for u, den u still went ahead n choose it, den u got to pay lo :(

but if nv indicate, den suddenly give me VO, i will :jawdrop:

ya, thats why no blame him mah...this is bo bian one have to pay de. Next house I do, will get ID or contractor to give me cost for the tile I choose before asking them to advance. Haha, this time i mistook its per tile instead of psf hence led to this major amount :(

ya, thats why no blame him mah...this is bo bian one have to pay de. Next house I do, will get ID or contractor to give me cost for the tile I choose before asking them to advance. Haha, this time i mistook its per tile instead of psf hence led to this major amount :(

hehe. this is really one big amt wor.

Planning to buy a rain shower set for my MBR toilet. Does anyone have any idea what is good or have actual experience using one?

I don want to end up getting one that is like a handshower kinda effect. If so, I might as well just use my handshower put on the top most tip of the bar and let the water fall downwards...

mm someone did mention something about having to test your water pressure. Not all the units have the same water pressure. Some very weak so cannot put rainshower one. esp if you use instant heater.

For some people they use the storage heater one then can.

mm someone did mention something about having to test your water pressure. Not all the units have the same water pressure. Some very weak so cannot put rainshower one. esp if you use instant heater.

For some people they use the storage heater one then can.

yup, i will be buying a storage heater and installing at my common toilet. Looks ugly but bo bian lah want to have the luxury of bathing with rain shower keke..

question is, which rainshower to get that is reasonable....sigh..

Got another thing bugging me. i am going to get the Sharp steam oven which will cost me $1255 from goh ah bee. Reason for getting this is because wife says its more healthy as we will be lazy to cook and use it most of the time. Hence microwave is out of the question.

I would like to check, for 1.2k, would it be possible to get a built in steam oven that works the same with water and stuff? that way I would be able to save space cos that sharp oven is really bulky!!

Thanks!