Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

A Place To Call Our Own

Finally got my keys today!! hurray...marks the end of a 3 month wait for the house!!

As agreed, here are the pics of the current state of the house.

Looking in from the main entrance:

img5577ti3.th.jpgthpix.gif

The very long Kitchen with the sink at the outside:

img5582kr7.th.jpgthpix.gif

The MBR:

img5590bd6.th.jpg

More coming up in the next post

The small MBR toilet:

img5591yn7.th.jpgthpix.gif

The Guest room:

img5593ds8.th.jpgthpix.gif

The house has been in this state for the past 23-25 years so we can't really keep anything :(

There will be lots of demolishing to be done when my reno starts on the 4th Nov...hope to get my reno finished at least 1 week before Christmas so can spend christmas there.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks pinkpetter. Me and my wife really like the sofa. Been sourcing high and low for resort type of sofa. Most of them are either wood or ratten. For wood, we find that it look quite chunky. For the ratten types, we are afraid that with time, the weaves might start to come loose and then might be pricky when we touch the surface. Hence, decided to settle on Bamboo.

The sofa cost a whooping 1.9k!! We only managed to knock down the price by an additional 5% :(. Afte getting it, decided not to look any further haha...**** worried will find somewhere selling the same set for 1k :P

Bought from ratten pacific at IMM. The sofa base cushion is made from some high density foam which is resistant to sagging. Hope it is really as true as they claim :P

just read this. haha true true.. if continue looking might get heartache so just be happy with what you got. It's more ex but you can always cut some off other items to balance off. not too bag. It looks really good though.

You're right about the rattan stuff. My friend even commented that rattan stuff tend to have a smell after a while. maybe her nose more sensitive. mm :dunno:

spam chop...no need to think very much, just hack everything.

but how come so much tiles one ah? outside of kitchen oso got tiles.

spam chop...no need to think very much, just hack everything.

but how come so much tiles one ah? outside of kitchen oso got tiles.

think 20 over years ago that was how they did the HDBs?

Even my ID was shocked that there were tiles on the outside wall which he has to hack.

ya ya! last time in fashion la. My grandma's house last time also have.

my hm. outside kitchen, living room, bedroom oso have. asked id to hack after i realised last friday!! nv hack at least cement over or something!!

congrats man

seems like its alot of stuff to do

wat is the estimated cost of reno?

cos din see any quote

Dint state the quote cos might have things to add or minus. For example on tiles, we already have to top up quite a bit le :(

ok next post will be the tiles selected!!

MBR Toilet tiles for a spa resort like feel.

mbrtoiltilesez7.th.jpgthpix.gif

The black textured tile will be on the side of my toliet bowl back's wall. Acting like a feature wall kinda thing.

Common toilet tiles for a more resort cum vibrant feel:

comtoiltilesxj0.th.jpgthpix.gif

The wall facing the entrance will be the tiles with the stripes.

Kitchen floor and wall tiles:

kittilesyr8.th.jpg<a href="http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php" target="_blank"></a>

The wall tile is actually slightly off white with very subtle lines to match our kitchen cupboard lamiate. Can't seem to capture it on camera tho :dunno:

For the MBR toilet, I am actually very worried that it will look very dark. Comments? :(

Edited by Cloudy

Dint state the quote cos might have things to add or minus. For example on tiles, we already have to top up quite a bit le :(

ok next post will be the tiles selected!!

MBR Toilet tiles for a spa resort like feel.

mbrtoiltilesez7.th.jpgthpix.gif

The black textured tile will be on the side of my toliet bowl back's wall. Acting like a feature wall kinda thing.

Ahhh if the black textured tile is on the toilet bowl side then I don't think it'll be too dark cos the other three walls are lighter and the window would let in light which reflects off the lighter tiles. If I'm not wrong the window is on the toilet bowl side also right? :P

i think u will have the same headache with me. mbr bathroom window at the sink area, so basically de window is blocking the location where the mirror is suppose to go. either seal up one window, or place mirror over window?

Ahhh if the black textured tile is on the toilet bowl side then I don't think it'll be too dark cos the other three walls are lighter and the window would let in light which reflects off the lighter tiles. If I'm not wrong the window is on the toilet bowl side also right? :P

Yup, You are right. Only prob now i am facing is, the shower head will be on the opposite side of the toilet bowl. Meaning that the feature wall will be directly opposite where I place the shower head :(.

Think that might look weird and make it hard for me as the water hitting the feature wall portion will be hard to clean off due to soap, etc.... :dunno:

Will raise this concern to the ID. Only thought about it last night...haha, keep thinking about the house's reno now...

i think u will have the same headache with me. mbr bathroom window at the sink area, so basically de window is blocking the location where the mirror is suppose to go. either seal up one window, or place mirror over window?

yup yup you are right. But cos we are pulling the sink outside of the toilet, we don't really have this problem.

Just for curiousity sake, how did you solve your issue?