Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

A Place To Call Our Own

haha. ya lo. esp for me, i hate to see white grouting turn black. so black grouting is juz so perfect for me

are your tiles black or dark in color?

else wont the black grouting look a bit out of place?

I know white grouting can be repaired with some white pen thingy sold at DIY shops. But then again, if its black grouting, then can totally don care loh....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
are your tiles black or dark in color?

else wont the black grouting look a bit out of place?

I know white grouting can be repaired with some white pen thingy sold at DIY shops. But then again, if its black grouting, then can totally don care loh....

all my kitchen n toilet tiles are black. so black grouting shuld serve pretty nicely. but of cos when my living room floor tiles are white, i wun use black grouting. cos they'll stand out like a sore thumb :(

all my kitchen n toilet tiles are black. so black grouting shuld serve pretty nicely. but of cos when my living room floor tiles are white, i wun use black grouting. cos they'll stand out like a sore thumb :(

oh ya, saw your t-blog...your sofa **** nice and also like your WIW. too bad mine no space to do a proper one so just make do with whatever we have haha...

oh ya, saw your t-blog...your sofa **** nice and also like your WIW. too bad mine no space to do a proper one so just make do with whatever we have haha...

haha. yeah. love de sofa. wiw ok la. not very big.

now u no space nvm, nxt time move bigger house :dancingqueen:

its been a while since I updated the progress..

The hacking is finally complete after 4 days!! (1 day delay due to HDB's late response to approval of hacking my wall)

anyway, popped by today and took a look. Could not really enter as the debrs were still being cleared. Believe by tomorrow I will be able to enter and walk around :)

Some pictorial updates:

Tiles at my void deck (Got my address there thats why I know is for my unit :notti: )

tilesmh8.th.jpgthpix.gif

View of my unit after the 'bomb' went off!!

hack1mk8.th.jpgthpix.gif

hack2pn0.th.jpghttp://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php' target="_blank">

Will update more after tomorrow's visit!!

WAH all the wall tiles all off! so EXCITING!

ya man, couldnt sleep last night cos **** excited to see the ID today and discuss design and lighting stuff..

took leave next thurs to meet him go shop for lights and other fittings keke...chop chop de!!

tiring day. Had a discussion with Andrew from 1030am till 3pm. Kudos to him for keeping that much time free in his schedule to accomodate me.

Ended up adding a 3ft shoe cabinet to my quote. Reason being that we are quite happy with R&R's carpentry thus far. However, whatever I had reduced from not changing 3 sets of windows ended up in that shoe cabinet + the MBR toilet's louve window haha...with still a bit left to cover a small portion of the top up cost required for my tiles.

When talking about the windows, was a bit surprised that for using slightly tinted glass for the windows, I had to top up. Reason being that for all the IDs and even my contractor that I spoke to previously, I was told that I would only need to top up if I used coloured glass such as green, blue, etc. Whenever I asked them for the choice of slightly tinted glass, they would always tell me that its the same as compared to clear glass. Anyway, Andrew told me its about 1 buck per sq foot for slightly tinted glass so I told him go ahead and quote loh since I want them to be the same type of tint as the windows that I intended to keep.

Settled the doors, most of the lighting points and switches, with the exception of my MBR. Decided to change the whole layout totally and see if can force the basin into the small toilet instead. Only prob as highlighted by someone b4 is now the stupid louve window is blocking me from putting the mirror to ceiling haha....lucky i short, only a bit of my head will be cut off...no idea how to solve this issue tho....

We will be placing our bed at the let hand side as that side has no beam above us. Only issue is with the bed head's side will be facing the toilet entrance. Was told that we just need to close the door there when we sleep and all would be fine.

Anyway, overall still left the MBR layout not settled. wonder should take his advise to do WIW or to just push it aganinst the wall and pull down the blinds whenever wanna change. gosh dilenma and dunno how haha...

Edited by Cloudy

I'm just curious why choose to put the bed on the left now... cos I think previous layout made sense... lol Take clothing liao go into bathroom...

Bed on the right the beam isn't over the head ah...

*curious*

If place bed on left, means WIW on the right but the toilet is still on the left... mmm

*i'm always such a kaypoh* My two cents

Sink squeeze in is a good suggestion wor. Or.. if the layout of the MBR remain and you make it an open concept bathroom, tiling the same floor tile out to under the vanity closet there?

I'm just curious why choose to put the bed on the left now... cos I think previous layout made sense... lol Take clothing liao go into bathroom...

Bed on the right the beam isn't over the head ah...

*curious*

If place bed on left, means WIW on the right but the toilet is still on the left... mmm

*i'm always such a kaypoh* My two cents

Sink squeeze in is a good suggestion wor. Or.. if the layout of the MBR remain and you make it an open concept bathroom, tiling the same floor tile out to under the vanity closet there?

cos we went there to measure and if we stick to the previous suggestion, the WIW area is only about 75-80 like that bah which i feel is a bit cramp. Atually not so much cramp. Its like castrophobic. Reason being that the wall is behind you and within a few centimetres, you are staring at a wardrobe that is to the ceiling.

Anyway, spoke to my ID, he also suggested bed should remain at the left side cos its more ideal. Hence, we listen to him loh. Anyway, me and my wife don have the practise of coming out naked after bathing haha..so actually WIW anywhere also doesnt really matter. Main thing is to change without worrying about the opposite people looking in.

So now thinking how to best relocate the bed to the left side loh...haiz..dilenma..i also paisei leh, keep changing my mind. Lucky my ID very accomodating. For example, today settled the toilet tiles to put vertical, but just now, I came home, saw horizontal tiling and then prefer to be horizontal despite the fact that one side will have only 2 piece or 2 piece + 10cm. Reason being that I find verticla makes the ceiling look higher, whereas horizontal makes it look bigger, which my toilet needs cos its very small Just msged my ID to tell him to change to horizontal position for the toilet wall. Hope he won't get angry sia...sigh..... 8|

haha mm i think he ok one la. well we're not really professionals right? Sometimes must really SEE liao then knwo whether we like.. :P

Most imptly must be happy with the final effect otherwise stay liao also not happy

i everyone, question time again keke....

Is it normal for a wardrobe with sliding doors to be 60-62cm in terms of depth? meaing that I will only have 53-55cm for the clothes.

My current 2m sliding door wardrobe is 65cm in terms of depth and has 2 doors. Hence, am wondering if I will have any problems if I have a wardrobe with only 55cm in depth and 5cm is for the sliding door track.

hey hey i went to measure my own wardrobe.. 59cm only le. I'm not very pleased with it though think maybe another 3-5 cm would be good becos as of now the sleeves of some of my clothes would brush against the door and get tangled... :) think 62cm minimum ba.

hey hey i went to measure my own wardrobe.. 59cm only le. I'm not very pleased with it though think maybe another 3-5 cm would be good becos as of now the sleeves of some of my clothes would brush against the door and get tangled... :) think 62cm minimum ba.

Thanks for you help pinkpetter. Is yours with a casement door or with sliding door?