Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Flower123

Wash Clothes

Hehehe, same loh. My hb washes his own clothes cuz he almost everydae sweat one (lots of exercises at his work place), and I wash my own clothes. But I'll hang the clothes onto the hangers and he hang them up onto the bamboo poles. So my shorts/skirts he'll touch. Heng he don't care about such pantang stuff.

Haiz, I live with my PILs, so bobian MIL will always see my clothes etc. :dunno: We gg to shift house soon (but PILs going to live with us), so next time my house.. my rules (hopefully :P)

Hee... I always tell my hb.. Now all these nvm.. I heck care.. But next time don't teach my kids all these pantang stuff. I don't wan my future girl to feel that she's beneath the male species. 8|

:rofl: :rofl:

ya i agree.....in fact, i think guys' underwear also not very clean, since they don't use toilet paper :P

i dun understand how can it be considered suay.....if talking abt undies, ok i can understand...but skirts and pants?!? :wacko:

Like that might as well banish u to one corner of the house and live, sleep, eat and wash there.....:rolleyes:

Haha.. ya.. And we girls use panty liners some more.. Guys don't. :P

The first time I heard that skirts/pants may b suay oso... I almost wanted to ask my MIL if we should buy separate washing machine to wash clothes.. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HA ha ha....reading all these replies sometimes really make me wonder which era we all come from...keke.

I had mine and hb underwears hanging above the window. So every time we admire our scenery from the kitchen, we will have our underwear on top of our head. Guess wat, the underwears are literally resting on our heads as we stand there and chat.

Just came back from Genting and we won some money. Talk about pantang...haha..

Hehehe, same loh. My hb washes his own clothes cuz he almost everydae sweat one (lots of exercises at his work place), and I wash my own clothes. But I'll hang the clothes onto the hangers and he hang them up onto the bamboo poles. So my shorts/skirts he'll touch. Heng he don't care about such pantang stuff.

Haiz, I live with my PILs, so bobian MIL will always see my clothes etc. :dunno: We gg to shift house soon (but PILs going to live with us), so next time my house.. my rules (hopefully :P)

Hee... I always tell my hb.. Now all these nvm.. I heck care.. But next time don't teach my kids all these pantang stuff. I don't wan my future girl to feel that she's beneath the male species. 8|

Haha.. ya.. And we girls use panty liners some more.. Guys don't. :P

The first time I heard that skirts/pants may b suay oso... I almost wanted to ask my MIL if we should buy separate washing machine to wash clothes.. :P

I think hor, in order not to cause any suay-ness to either party, I suggest all the women occupy one side of the house and guys occupy the other side..so jing shui bu fan he shui....so no panties for guys to see or touch not to mention mix and wash, therefore no suay-ness.....like that the guys will gradually end up sibey heng...buy toto dio toto....buy 4D dio 4D....

HA ha ha....reading all these replies sometimes really make me wonder which era we all come from...keke.

I had mine and hb underwears hanging above the window. So every time we admire our scenery from the kitchen, we will have our underwear on top of our head. Guess wat, the underwears are literally resting on our heads as we stand there and chat.

Can u come my hse and tell my MIL this prease? :P :P

I think hor, in order not to cause any suay-ness to either party, I suggest all the women occupy one side of the house and guys occupy the other side..so jing shui bu fan he shui....so no panties for guys to see or touch not to mention mix and wash, therefore no suay-ness.....like that the guys will gradually end up sibey heng...buy toto dio toto....buy 4D dio 4D....

:rofl::rofl: Great :idea:

Can u imagine if with this in place, scarly it's the ladies who suddenli becme sibey heng? Then my MIL will go bonkers... :sport-smiley-004: *sorry guys, don't mean aniting when i tot of this :P*

Edited by Angel81

Can u come my hse and tell my MIL this prease? :P :P

:rofl::rofl: Great :idea:

Can u imagine if with this in place, scarly it's the ladies who suddenli becme sibey heng? Then my MIL will go bonkers... :sport-smiley-004: *sorry guys, don't mean aniting when i tot of this :P*

Your MIL will realise how wrong she has been all these while and hug you and admit she has been wronging you for so long....next time she will ask the guys in your house to wash their own underwear and dun hang above the head.....then for us women...our underwear can finally see light! :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Your MIL will realise how wrong she has been all these while and hug you and admit she has been wronging you for so long....next time she will ask the guys in your house to wash their own underwear and dun hang above the head.....then for us women...our underwear can finally see light! :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

:drunk: That will be the day of my life!!!! wahahahahaha!!!!!!! :jammin:

Dear ladies n gentleman,

just wann c a show of hands on how many acutally agrees with me that men shld help to wash clothes ( not only their clothes but ladies undergarments too wash, hang n fold into drawer ).

cos i had just married to my hubby n i realise that he runs away from hanging my undergarments . when it dries, he can bring down all the clothes except my undergarments. Fold , he will too missed that too. i just don understand.... :dunno:

Hi Flower123

Ha ha...this thread very funnie....but back to the serious part, perhaps you should just talk to him. Being newly wed, you both have lots to learn from each other and in this case preference and sensitivity. Talk and communicate and learn to accept loh.

Hahaha!!! The slogan will be "Buy & Get Lucky!" :P

More effective one would be.....LAI AR, HUAT AR! :notti:

Hi Flower123

Ha ha...this thread very funnie....but back to the serious part, perhaps you should just talk to him. Being newly wed, you both have lots to learn from each other and in this case preference and sensitivity. Talk and communicate and learn to accept loh.

If it's just the undies, perhaps it's understandable because of hygiene purposes, but if it gets too extreme, it's time to talk it out....the more you hide it inside, the more injustice you are going to feel...it's not going to do any good to the relationship in the long run...after all, it's just old wives' tale, no one can vouch that by NOT hanging ladies' undergarments above the head, one's luck will not get compromised...

Also, you only hear Chinese believing in such myths...how come the ang mohs don't believe in such things? you mean the suay-ness will only affect chinese? You mean even suay shen itself will also choose race to attack?! You mean got such discrimination one meh?!? :P

Edited by Air

waaaaaaaa. :jawdrop: i like this..... pls tell my hubby............ :notti:

I once tried put on my wife bra and also use the other one as head dress. Crept into the room and surprised her. What happen after that was YUMM YUMM...

Wash clothes is a chore but it'll become a habit if you can rid the negativities out of ur head.

this topic beri funny :D

usually its due to pantang n hw the mum brought him up. my mil never teaches him abt ladies' undies so be it panty or bra, he's vy shy to it and of coz with the pantang thing teachings, he never touches my bras and panties for washing. n everytime if he does the washing, he will quickly throw in clothes to wash b4 i could put in my bras n panties. so i get vy annoy and told him off many times.

finally, i derive 1 thing. he is a stingy cat so i purposely just throw in 1 panty n 1 bra to wash. and i showed him that its wasting electricity, water & $$$

so he get the msg and nw put in my bras n panties to wash if he does the washing. but he still will not hang my undies n bras. he will just put in a small washing bag for undies n bra washing bag and wash them with the other clothes. after washing, he will use clothes peg to just hang the whole bag onto the hanger to dry.

this ended when i went for an operation. i teach him how to hang my undies 1 by 1 and my bra. i told him that if he wants to hv bodily enjoyment, he need to take care of my body too. if my body is not well taken care of,eg. i develop itchness due to undy not hang out to sun properly, it will pass to him, introduce germs / bacterias to my internal where its mean for baby making/storing :sport-smiley-004: n jeopardise everyone's 'happiness'

so i guess he get my meaning. occasionally he still help me to hang my undies n bras, esp during the days where im busy with work or sick.

i taught him to hang all of our long pants, jeans, skirts, boxers, etc. to one side of the hanging area. i told him that not that im pantang, i just ask him, 'eh darling, u feel shiok whenever u walk to the service balcony n the pants r rubbing against ur head izt? i find it irritating as it tend to get in the way when i want to hang other clothes' . this, he also get my meaning and follow suit.

the 1st time we wash our clothes together, we got into a big fight. i really hv no idea hw he is brought up as he has more siblings living together than me. he washes his shirts and hang them by putting the bamboo thru the sleeve to the other sleeve, n hang the pants by putting the bamboo thru 1 of the side of the pants. in this way, he uses 2 bamboos to hang 2 pants, 1 bamboo to hang 2 shirts!!! :jawdrop::bow:8|8|8|

i told him that the shirt can be hang on hangers and hang onto the bamboo side by side but he argue with me that it will not dry properly and told me to wash my clothes the next day as there wasn't enough bamboo to dry them :curse::help:8| so juz imagine i really want to hum tum flat flat when i heard that.

i told him that if u hv a family of 8, hw much space and bamboos u need to hv to dry the clothes? i told him that my mum drys her clothes that way and i was taught that way also. i never hv a problem of un-dry clothes.

so i showed him by taking down his clothes, hanging them with hangers and hang onto the bamboos side by side. Washed my clothes n also hang them closely to his. then i tell him, cum tomorow morning n see if the clothes r dry. the next morning he checked and find that the clothes r dry. then when his mum came to 'visit' us (aka inspection of the hse n my knowledge of hsehold chores handling n also whether i got torture her precious son), she was surprise i hang the clothes that way and ask my hb 'like that also can dry har?' my hb told her 'if got many clothes, wat u do? buy many bamboos n hang all over the place? my clothes is 100% dry the next day la' i almost laf out loud when i heard him telling my mil that way.

the reason is that my mil likes to freely comment this and that abt anything, esp on our hse living where i dun like coz my hb will listen and start to do n say wat she commented.. juz like a photocopying machine / parrot... i told him many things r common cents n of logic, coz my mum is a full time hsewife who was make to learn many hsehold chores when she was vy young. so she knew many things n how to go abt to do them. when it come to hsehold chores, she's like a walking encyclopedia. and to add on her knowledge was that my dad is a peranakan so my grandma was vy fierce and demand alot from my mum (as my dad was 2nd son in the family). so my mum is developed into a woman who is vy gd in hsehold chores n cooking. like wat is shown in the Little Nonya show, my mum does all the hardwork also. when she just married my dad, she need to wakes up at 5am in the morning, starting to boil water, wash clothes, wake & feed us, go marketing (all hsehold chores to done by 6.30am as need to go mkt by 6.45am to buy the most fresh meat n vege), cook breakfast, wash up all utensils used after breakfast, tidy/mop (no using of mop, only cloth) hse, clean the drain (my grandma's old hse is the old peranakan type, vy big double storey), prepare lunch, eat lunch with us after everyone has eaten, wash the utensils, boil water for my grandma to bath, bath us, fold clothes (if any), prepare dinner, eat with us after everyone and wash the utensils. finally boil somemore water for my dad n me to bath at the end of the day, help to mend some clothes or do some sewing and finally she would usually get to go to bed at 11 or 12 in the night time. she would pound the spices and ingredients for food or special chilli that she want to cook with from scratch. she do not belive in buying ready make even for now when we can get them conveniently from supermkts, restaurants, etc.

she is 1 lady i salute to n love dearly. she never make us do all these chores n cooking, only want us to watch wat she do and ask if we would like to help when we r at primary school age. she wants me n my sis to take care of our delicate hand/fingers so that they r not roughed from all the hsehold chores like hers. so far, we hv learned from her some of her special recipes.

when we visited my mil, she asked her precious son if my mum's cooking suits his taste, guess wat he says that piss her? 'oh, she can cook really well and can do many delicious dishes'

the reason is that my mil don't bealive in garlic, onions, ginger, spring onions n spices and cooking of soups, toufu and vege in her cooking. and everytime its either over cooked or taste funny. its alway fried things which really scare me to death whenever i need to eat at her place. even my hb also start to eat lesser at her food. my hb's siblings n his neices/nephews r choosy in their food whereby they will pick out the garlic n onions if its in their food, choose to eat meat more than vege n lighter food. his sis even complain n ask me hw to make her children eat more healthy food as they only like fried things where i really don't know how to answer her without offending her. coz the adults don't set a gd example, hw u expect the children to change? :dunno:

Yeah yeah, i was laughing mad when i found this thread.

Lucky my hubby was not a 'pantang' person.. he will wash my undies/bra etc and hang every thing up.

But there are times when he is quite nasty.. and i will do the same back to him...

I always emphasis on equality as we both are working and bring the dough back home.

Eg #1. I help to iron his pants, and he complaint that the pants are not straight according to his standard.

Fine, I crumpled it, and return the pants back for him to re-iron it.I shall go back to watch my tv and shake legs

Eg#2. I was busy rushing some work so we can go for a holiday, and he refused to pack his own bags..

I got pissed off , pack his clothings without his brief for 4 days.... :P

He got to make do with paper underwear...

Eg.#3. I did some cooking and he comment that is not nice and he could have cook better... FINE

the next time, i bought ingredient for 2 person share.. and i only cook mine. When i came out of the kitchen..

he was waiting for dinner.. and there was only 1 bowl.. and thats mine. Told him, i didnt want to torture him with my cooking.. so

he can cook his own.

He learn not to take things for granted the next round.... *wink wink*

I just never like to argue.. show him how he like to be treated in such manner..

So if my hubby really refused to touch my undies... I will make sure all his underwears will be wet and in a pail somewhere

for days....

Edited by charemme