Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dae2x

Bathroom Door Suggestions

Hello everyone, I recently moved into a resale 3RM HDB flat at Holland Avenue.

After the renovation, I realized that the white plastic bifold doors (which the contractor recommended for the bathroom and toilet) don't go with my decor scheme - which is contemporary rustic with ethnic details.

The doors have also started getting mouldy after just 6 months. Plus my contractor is KNS and I have terminated his services since he messed up my toilet plumbing. Haiz.

What would be your suggestions for a replacement? Glass? Aluminium?

I have been hearing a lot about the Pd Door but would like something more in keeping with my decor scheme. Appreciate all your expert advice!

Here are some pictures of the current doors:

214czuo.jpg

6gvuqe.jpg

Edited by dae2x

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After the renovation, I realized that the white plastic bifold doors (which the contractor recommended for the bathroom and toilet) don't go with my decor scheme - which is contemporary rustic with ethnic details.

The doors have also started getting mouldy after just 6 months. Plus my contractor is KNS and I have terminated his services since he messed up my toilet plumbing. Haiz.

I have been hearing a lot about the Pd Door but would like something more in keeping with my decor scheme. Appreciate all your expert advice!

6gvuqe.jpg

gosh, it really look very bad. I've been using bi-fold doors for the past 6 years but never encounter rust. Never used pd doors before but ever gone to a friend's house using it and its looks really flimsy and cost more than normal bi-fold. Its innovative as one can open & close like a bi-fold door, yet can also turn it into a sliding door. In fact, the top catch came off when my son tried to slide it open but my friend managed to fix it back. Do go for higher range if u can as I believed its 'yi fen qian, yi feng huo'.

It is pretty common for the white rubber to turn mouldy at the bottom due to always come in contact with water.

My mother change it to black rubber. Although it look kinda werid.. white frame with black rubber around it but it solve the mouldy problem.

It is pretty common for the white rubber to turn mouldy at the bottom due to always come in contact with water.

My mother change it to black rubber. Although it look kinda werid.. white frame with black rubber around it but it solve the mouldy problem.

still have mould... but cannot see only.... :P

But ya, common problem... but should be able to clean and remove the mould.

214czuo.jpg

6gvuqe.jpg

act im also in the mkt to look for 2 bi-fold doors...there are jus so many types in the mkts and its almost hard to compare prices cos they could b jolly well b different quality...

i hv personally experienced the good ones which slide effortlessly n feels solid as well the filmsy thing....tough sia... :(

hahahah cannot see..soo wont get soo irriated with the door =p

still have mould... but cannot see only.... :P

But ya, common problem... but should be able to clean and remove the mould.

214czuo.jpg

6gvuqe.jpg

No matter wat kind of door tat u install for yr toilet, u will come back to the same problem...