Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I did my hse 7 years ago with Fuse Concept - Alvin. So far no complain.

He has left for Instint Indentity, told of going back to him, anyone can share on Instint Indentitiy? TIA.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

More than a month into our major renovation and we are at the carpentry stage. Handover is scheduled to be in another 3 weeks or so.

So far I am happy with the workmanship and commitment of the ID. To me, an ID does the designing work and oversees the entire project to ensure that everything is running smoothly and on time. My ID has far exceeded our expectations in this area, he is onsite very often and very responsive to any query we may have. In fact many times he's more kancheong than we r! He provides options and solutions and contributes ideas along the way. He is definitely not the kind to close a sale and then leave u in the lurch. He gives timely updates and sends me photos when I don't have time to go down to the site.

Some feedback:

Plastering - well done. My unit has rockstone walls and ceilings. Now everything's good and smooth. Except the plasterer did miss out one area which is too late to remedy now, and the wall condition is quite bad there. We will overlook that after ID's explanation.

Painting - looks good. But only first coat for now.

Box-ups - excellent workmanship. Seamless I would say.

Pipings - quite neat. Nothing to complain.

Electrical - not bad. Except electrician left out something again. But ID will see to that.

False ceiling - gorgeous! Great workmanship

Carpentary - looks gd so far

Windows - ok. Except some of the powder coating has chipped off. Hope can touch up.

Tiling - my biggest worry. Grouting looks very uneven after chemical wash. Hope all will be well after touching up. Keeping fingers crossed!

On the whole, I am happy with the progress and the work of the ID. Hope to get some pictures up soon....

Hi

I have signed up with Fuse Concept and my house is currently undergoing renovation, can't comment on the workmanship yet. We have consulted 3 IDs and 1 contractor and decided to go with Fuse although it is not cheap. Reason being we find the designer the most dedicated and offered more ideas than the rest. It was the only firm that offered us a decent 3D proposal within a reasonable time frame. The rest of the designs paled in comparison, they just look so textbook no originality and had to look to us to name our every little requirement. For people who don't mind paying a little bit more for more individuality, I recommend my ID.

So far, the ID has given us satisfactory solutions to all our concerns, he is always available to answer our queries and is prompt in updating us on Reno progress. At times, he may get alittle bit impatient and sacarstic but on the whole, I still think he's responsible and diligent in ensuring everything is in place.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks time I can offer some insight on workmanship.

Im into my third week of reno and I have to say that I am v happy with the progress and workmanship so far. I am also v pleased with the designer's commitment and responsibility. He visits the site almost daily and oversees the major works to ensure that everything runs smoothly and workmanship is up to expectations.

At the initial stages, we feedback on some minor shoddy details and immediately the ID instructed the workers to redo the parts we are not very satisfied with. We are also provided with daily updates and ID has been very involved and would suggest changes/ improvement along the way. I truly appreciate and applaud his dedication.

Would provide more updates along the way....

Hi all forumers,

This is the final product from fuse...thou i like the overall design...still its over my budget by almost 10k...which im still sore ab it...but guess tats the price of renovatoing...cos u will add this add that N alwaz tink that only for once in a longlong time u will spend to have that perfect home coming expereience...so better than wasting ur $$ elsewhere...Like a car? :)

well..the overall concept is modern contemporary with earthy colours....and we like the boy n ger rooms n toilets...as it really stands out with the disney decals n mcqueen stylo milo yelo/red combi cabinets...this one must credit the designer BUT decal credit to a US forumer which also have a smilar mcqueen concept.

Field Report:-

Designer- XXX from FuseC

Power- Good ideas n will deliver before deadline, but full of himself...tats maybe his strength cos he koes wht u wan n he will give it to u at a price. He will coljole u by giving u freebies but will add on the freebies costs if u will in the end add on this add on that...(if u koe wat i mean)

Bad- Poor project managementin the end whn he collected almost all ur hardearn $$, N worse very very bad temper due to very very bad confrontations with the numerous clients that he had (from what he said).

WIll not jargar ur house in a everyday sense...cos like what he says..he has many house to takecare...and not just urs. IN the end, we have to clean up the house ourselves n KIO CHIU BUAI.

Overall Experience: Above Satisfactory Exccept for he poor customer service in the end. But still their workmanship for carpentry is still better than some of the pics posted here, i must admit. So morale of story is can use them but not the id.

Welcome to my house.

http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/x415/k...%20New%20House/

Hi,

Thanks for Sharing. May I know who is your ID? :)

Hi Confused,

My home is already completed. Design n concept as per my expectations. Except the experience oif dealing with the designer in the latter stages...well wat to do...not everything is perfect...but at least we still have a home to look forward to after all the shouting n naggling...

If u want to come see my house for workmanship, i will be more than welcome cos the last time i ask from Fuse i also want to feel n touch the real thing before i commit... PM me your contact n i shall liase with u.

Thanks,

joe

Hi

I have signed up with Fuse Concept and my house is currently undergoing renovation, can't comment on the workmanship yet. We have consulted 3 IDs and 1 contractor and decided to go with Fuse although it is not cheap. Reason being we find the designer the most dedicated and offered more ideas than the rest. It was the only firm that offered us a decent 3D proposal within a reasonable time frame. The rest of the designs paled in comparison, they just look so textbook no originality and had to look to us to name our every little requirement. For people who don't mind paying a little bit more for more individuality, I recommend my ID.

So far, the ID has given us satisfactory solutions to all our concerns, he is always available to answer our queries and is prompt in updating us on Reno progress. At times, he may get alittle bit impatient and sacarstic but on the whole, I still think he's responsible and diligent in ensuring everything is in place.

Hi,

Thanks for Sharing. May I know who is your ID? :)

Hi

Hi seanavril28,

You are very right. Dan is cute, BORN in 1968, botak, very colourful, whacky, very very streetsmart, full of ideas but practical. Be receptive to his "INCEPTION" BUT stand firm on what you really want cos he knows how to implant his ideas into your curious "non-ID" thinking. I myself has so many time in hokkien "LAN-GAH" with him on alot of issues esp S eleven and other trivial thngs. But guess what, we still are on very good terms, just like bros...cos mb im a very easy to get along person. Heha.

I would love to really share the 3Ds that he already are implementing. BUT sadtosay, i am really too tired

and lazy to learn how to upload the pics. However, i will say that my new place will be like a hotel suite. NOT HOTEL 81 hhhor....maybe like this link... haha

My advice to You: Get the timetable right. That is to say you must confirm n really like the design, then u execute. No point getting a rush job done n you regret later. Time is $.

He is in his 3rd day renovating my place at Toa Payoh right now. What to say- no 5***** comments yet UNTIL i see the end product.

Full of wall papers/Lightings and Earthy Colours. Very Very Contemporary. I think if it were to be upload into FIRST page of Home Decor. I will smile and grin like little boy...."Are you hearing Dan??"

I have to say he is very good in organising his activties, will F*@# his workers upside down if they slag (which i am equally goood at that) so that you tell him the deadline u want to move IN...he will not cockup. thats the most impt. Some people just like to give crap of excuses in the end you want to please him into getting a hurried job done n they give you rubbish. Then you ask him: Si Mi Lai A?

Gtg inspec my house again...:)...so fun so HAO WAN....

Ciao.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Has your house being done up? Is the final product up to your satisfaction? Are their workmanship ok?

We are thing of engaging Fuse but is worried after looking at the below thread.

Can you share your experience and somments?

Thanks

Confused999

Hi

Any one else has bad experience with Fuse? Is their workmanship really terrible? I'm thinking of engaging Fuse for renovation of our house but after seeing LadyInOink comments, I'm worried.

Can anyone share their experience with Fuse??

Hi,

I engaged FuseConcept to renov my condo last year. The ID is very nice and humble (k***) but the workmanship is TERRIBLE.......

The mirror came out after few months, the glass strip dropped after one month, the cushion **haiz...bad bad bad** and the lamination also came out...

I have to call call call them come back and fix...**tiring**

I wun engage them again for my new condo....

Dear all,

I am also looking to renovate my home and will do well with an ID with a good eye for practical/creative design.

Can someone pm me the contact for Dan or other recommended ID from Fuse?

Thanks!

Dan: 91850909, Say joe fm toa payoh recommended you. Good Luck!

Dear all,

I am also looking to renovate my home and will do well with an ID with a good eye for practical/creative design.

Can someone pm me the contact for Dan or other recommended ID from Fuse?

Thanks!

i met up with Dan from Fuse Concept. The first meeting was very pleasant as he has lots of ideas to share. He even offered to show us the carpentry workmanship of one of the unit that he is currently working. He also followed up with a few phone calls to find out on whether we are receptive to his ideas. Will be meeting him this weekend for the first proposal. Real excited.

Hi seanavril28,

You are very right. Dan is cute, BORN in 1968, botak, very colourful, whacky, very very streetsmart, full of ideas but practical. Be receptive to his "INCEPTION" BUT stand firm on what you really want cos he knows how to implant his ideas into your curious "non-ID" thinking. I myself has so many time in hokkien "LAN-GAH" with him on alot of issues esp S eleven and other trivial thngs. But guess what, we still are on very good terms, just like bros...cos mb im a very easy to get along person. Heha.

I would love to really share the 3Ds that he already are implementing. BUT sadtosay, i am really too tired

and lazy to learn how to upload the pics. However, i will say that my new place will be like a hotel suite. NOT HOTEL 81 hhhor....maybe like this link... haha

My advice to You: Get the timetable right. That is to say you must confirm n really like the design, then u execute. No point getting a rush job done n you regret later. Time is $.

He is in his 3rd day renovating my place at Toa Payoh right now. What to say- no 5***** comments yet UNTIL i see the end product.

Full of wall papers/Lightings and Earthy Colours. Very Very Contemporary. I think if it were to be upload into FIRST page of Home Decor. I will smile and grin like little boy...."Are you hearing Dan??"

I have to say he is very good in organising his activties, will F*@# his workers upside down if they slag (which i am equally goood at that) so that you tell him the deadline u want to move IN...he will not cockup. thats the most impt. Some people just like to give crap of excuses in the end you want to please him into getting a hurried job done n they give you rubbish. Then you ask him: Si Mi Lai A?

Gtg inspec my house again...:)...so fun so HAO WAN....

Ciao.

Joe

i met up with Dan from Fuse Concept. The first meeting was very pleasant as he has lots of ideas to share. He even offered to show us the carpentry workmanship of one of the unit that he is currently working. He also followed up with a few phone calls to find out on whether we are receptive to his ideas. Will be meeting him this weekend for the first proposal. Real excited.