Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ongpbr

Ceiling Fan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

All fans will perform better if they are installed in an enclosed enviroment.

The moment you move the same fan it to an open area, you'll compliant that it's ineffective.

Walls help to bounce the air back, as such you'll feel that it's more powerful.

Edited by Diavonex

Was shopping for ceiling fans and a sales guy advised me that 3 blade short neck fans are not suitable for false ceiling installation as it will be noisy. He recommended we get 5 blade fans to cut the noise....

Of course 5 blade ones more expensive...

Dunno real or bluff one leh ??

Actually, ceiling fan is not advisable to install on false ceiling. Firstly, the fan will shake slightly during operation, secondly, your false ceiling might not be able to hold the weight of your fan on a long term basis.

What your sales guy says is true. The noise is due to a 3-blade fan too near to the ceiling. Most 5-blade fans come with 4" downrod, which give it some distance away from the ceiling.

Initially, I was looking at 3-blade fan due to my low ceiling height. But now, I think I have to consider the 5-blade fan.

Can you really mount a fan to a false ceiling?

Well, I read in this forum that someone did that :P

But I think what most people did was, mounted the ceiling fan onto concrete ceiling, then built the false ceiling around the fan. Not sure if this will work out nicely but I reckon this is a safer way.

I bought my ceiling fan at $190@ jalan besar, motor is lifetime warranty.

(5 acrylic blade). But i forgot the brand liao, i think is KDK or something.

I have a false ceiling in my 5room flat living room, and want to install a ceiling fan.

I heard that they will install the fan on the concrete (real) ceiling first to stabilise it, then attach the ceiling fan outside the false ceiling. Is that true?

I'm thinking of getting a ceiling fan but my CO insisting on stand fan instead as easier to clean. But I think ceiling fan is much more cooling. Are ceiling fans that hard to clean?

Can anyone share the pros and cons of having a ceiling fan?

Thanx

I'm thinking of getting a ceiling fan but my CO insisting on stand fan instead as easier to clean. But I think ceiling fan is much more cooling. Are ceiling fans that hard to clean?

Can anyone share the pros and cons of having a ceiling fan?

Thanx

Biggest problem with floor standing fan is that it eats up floor space. Got wires on floor and not safe if you have kids.

Plus the wind effect is more focused. Its fine if only one or two people need the "wind", but with more people you have to use the oscillating function which is a bit frustrating. Always wait for your turn to get air !

Ceiling fans provides more uniform distribution of air and I feel less noisy(though its depends on model).

Ceiling fan is also a "permanent fixture" and usually IDs frown upon it as it doesnt quite go with modern themes.

But I consider it a functional necessity as I stay on 4th floor. So must have it.

Bringing this chat back. My ceiling fan wobbles and we touched the "body" of the fan connected to the ceiling it is loose and wobbly as well. Shouldn't it be fixed? Can someone please advise. Electrician mentioned that it's because of the round brackets. What's Round brackets?