Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LookSeeOnly

Amasco Water Heater

Want to voice some woes here and to alert potential Amasco customers.

I have installed 2 instant Amasco water heaters and they have never worked properly since they were first installed. To get them to come and repair, I must take leave because they don't work on Saturday. The first time the technician came, the problems seemed to be rectified but the same problems came back again shortly after the he left. Since the problem is intermittent, I bear with them until recently, one of the water heaters really stop functioning. I called them up for the repair and was told that I have to pay for transportation. I asked them what warranty is this? I have to pay transportation when it is their product problem. In the end, they did not charge me for the transportation.

The technician came the 1st time and cannot rectify the problem and told me will come a 2nd time. I told the office staff to let him bring along 2 new heaters in case he can't rectify the problem again. 2nd time he came, again cannot rectify the problem and also didn't bring 2 sets of new heaters as promised. I wasted 1 day leave (2 half day) just to wait for him to come for 15 minutes each time. A third visit was arranged, this time with a different technician, again I asked the tech to bring new heaters, again they agree on the phone but again did not bring along and again the problems cannot be rectified. A 4th visit was thus arranged and as usual I asked for 2 new sets of heaters. As you expected, they agreed but did not bring. This time, they managed to rectify the problems, but after a few days of usage, the symtoms are coming back and I believe the same problem will recur later. They blame my low water pressure but I don't think my water pressure is that low until the water heater cannot function. If that's really the case, my whole block will not be able to use water heater. I don't think I'll call them again. I'm too tired of hearing their empty promises and to take leave to arrange for their technician to come. They are just wasting my time.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

AMC-2800. They told me no stock but it is still on their website. Not sure if other retail shops still having this model though.

If you really intend to buy this brand, do consider the clause in their warranty that transportation is chargeable during warranty period.

1 of them not working at level 1, 2 & 3 (ie all levels!!!). I must turn to between 2 & 3, sometimes must press on the knob (the knob for turning only, not pressing) then the power will turn on. But it only works for awhile, then auto power off again. I must turn off and on the tap again then power comes back.

The other 1, water equally hot at level 1, 2 & 3. After they came to repair the 1st time, 1 & 2 stop working.

Edited by LookSeeOnly

I was about the start a similar thread on the same topic.

My case was ELMARK (famous for ceiling fan) instant water heater model: UK88. Same case, they only work Mon-Fri. When I called them, this is the response I got:

1) If it's my wiring problem

I had to pay them $50 to rectify the problem

2) If it's their equipment fault

I still have to pay them $30 for the transportation cost.

What in the world is this? During the conversation, they trying to disuade me to come quoting most of the time it would be "wiring problem". I was thinking WTF, if I can troubleshoot and buy the faulty component, it would cost at most probably only a few dollars. In the end I ask them to forget abt it. But I am now thinking to call them again.

Edited by hihihi

I have installed 2 instant Amasco water heaters and they have never worked properly since they were first installed. To get them to come and repair, I must take leave because they don't work on Saturday. The first time the technician came, the problems seemed to be rectified but the same problems came back again shortly after the he left. Since the problem is intermittent, I bear with them until recently, one of the water heaters really stop functioning. I called them up for the repair and was told that I have to pay for transportation. I asked them what warranty is this? I have to pay transportation when it is their product problem. In the end, they did not charge me for the transportation.

The technician came the 1st time and cannot rectify the problem and told me will come a 2nd time. I told the office staff to let him bring along 2 new heaters in case he can't rectify the problem again. 2nd time he came, again cannot rectify the problem and also didn't bring 2 sets of new heaters as promised. I wasted 1 day leave (2 half day) just to wait for him to come for 15 minutes each time. A third visit was arranged, this time with a different technician, again I asked the tech to bring new heaters, again they agree on the phone but again did not bring along and again the problems cannot be rectified. A 4th visit was thus arranged and as usual I asked for 2 new sets of heaters. As you expected, they agreed but did not bring. This time, they managed to rectify the problems, but after a few days of usage, the symtoms are coming back and I believe the same problem will recur later. They blame my low water pressure but I don't think my water pressure is that low until the water heater cannot function. If that's really the case, my whole block will not be able to use water heater. I don't think I'll call them again. I'm too tired of hearing their empty promises and to take leave to arrange for their technician to come. They are just wasting my time.

How much did u get it for? I'm thinking of getting the Ariston Instant Water Heater, anyone tried? Is it good?

If I had read the massage early. I will not buy these brand Amasco (AMC-2800) also. Mine also had stop function what a lousy brand. That time should have pay abit more for 707.