Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Smallboy

Dream Home @ Clementi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bengawang is not halal I think. Hehe, but Polar confirm halal, cuz I bought cakes/pastries from them for my malay neighbours. :) Or u can try Prima Deli or Secret Recipe. :)

smallboy: yup. so far so good.

my immediate next door neighbour not that good. will touch on that in my t-blog at a later time. now focus on my reno. but the rest not too bad. will say hello when meet la.

@Wendy

Visited Desmond @ Asia today. He remembers your name very clearly! Oh man I spent 1hr+ there, left no time for other shops.

Question for you: how is ur 3 items so far? Have u started cooking and testing OK?

haha.... he definitely remembers me. I bugged him for all details on oven! :)

Tomorrow night I tell you about the hob/hood. My mom will be doing her first cooking... aka 'zhi-char' style. Stress test tomorrow night. Last few nights, we were all too tired to cook.

As for oven, this thurs, I doing a simple test run first. Cos sat is my girl birthday party. Got to bake pizza, chicken wings. Stress test for my Oven soon.

Will update.

Hi Smallboy,

wonder if Uncle have done all the rectification at yr side?I did briefy mention about yr issue...he say more or less settle...so i din probe much

Wa... you told him I blog about him in this forum. hee..hee... no wonder I got a call from him at 4plus today. So nice! He ask me anything else to rectify.

Wallpaper:

He sent new people to do up today. So far looks good. But needs 1 day to settle. Hopefully tomorrow will be good. But these 2 new people (think from goodrich) very detailed and good. They spent 3 hours, carefully doing up my wallpaper. Like their effort. Unlike the other two experiences... aiyo... they do fast fast... results so bad.

Electrical part:

All settled except for leaking pipe (which is another team problem). Will call Jason tomorrow.

Glass piece:

Missing glass panel near my cooking area. I told Uncle. He said to call Jason tomorrow.

Grout lines:

forgot to tell Uncle

Stains on tiles:

Stains cannot resolve already. Let it be.

But I must ask Jason/Uncle how to maintain. Homo tiles seems really tough to maintain. Today my girl did coloring with Crayons. I nearly died. The Crayons sticks to the floor and when I clean it, it leave the colour on the tiles. GASP! help... help... anyone got this experience?

Wa... you told him I blog about him in this forum. hee..hee... no wonder I got a call from him at 4plus today. So nice! He ask me anything else to rectify.

Wallpaper:

He sent new people to do up today. So far looks good. But needs 1 day to settle. Hopefully tomorrow will be good. But these 2 new people (think from goodrich) very detailed and good. They spent 3 hours, carefully doing up my wallpaper. Like their effort. Unlike the other two experiences... aiyo... they do fast fast... results so bad.

Electrical part:

All settled except for leaking pipe (which is another team problem). Will call Jason tomorrow.

Glass piece:

Missing glass panel near my cooking area. I told Uncle. He said to call Jason tomorrow.

Grout lines:

forgot to tell Uncle

Stains on tiles:

But I must ask Jason/Uncle how to maintain. Homo tiles seems really tough to maintain. Today my girl did coloring with Crayons. I nearly died. The Crayons sticks to the floor and when I clean it, it leave the colour on the tiles. GASP! help... help... anyone got this experience?

??? crayons leave stain on homo tiles???? my elder boy hor love to doodle and play with colours leh!! My former flat use ceramic floor tiles, dun look nice, but when he smugde his market pen, water colour, crayon on the floor hor can easily clean up.

Die man.. I am starting to panic abt the maintenance of homo tiles..... Luckily the room floor is laminate... maybe have to confine him to doodle in his own room...

Wallpaper:

Electrical part:

Glass piece:

Grout lines:

forgot to tell Uncle

Stains on tiles:

dont say that la...cos i know i will be meeting him...so i feedback about some of the challenge u all are facing...

He is very apologetic about it also...in fact when i actually met him...i reminded him 4 times about yr problesm...just tot if i can do my pat to help to remind him.

sorry for been KPO about it, Hope u dun mind...just want u all to have a nice nice plc if possible by conveying it to Uncle..:)

Stains on tiles:

Did you try dish detergent?

@Wendy

Visited Desmond @ Asia today. He remembers your name very clearly! Oh man I spent 1hr+ there, left no time for other shops.

Question for you: how is ur 3 items so far? Have u started cooking and testing OK?

haha...you ask the question that was on my mind...wanted to check with Wendy the same thing....

Did you try dish detergent?

I didn't. Can dish detergent work. I did use a little CIF but was afraid the abrasive nature will scratch it.

How huh?

Aiyo, I dont want to live in paranoia ........... I just want to enjoy the house. Kids will be kids, will dirty the house. I dont mind as long as can clean.

I chose homo tiles because I thought easy to maintain. Cos last time I had broken marble. stains really get 'absorbed' into the marble. So got to be very careful.

Sigh, now in this new house, also like that. I will die with unendless cleaning. hahahaha.....:)

I didn't. Can dish detergent work. I did use a little CIF but was afraid the abrasive nature will scratch it.

How huh?

Aiyo, I dont want to live in paranoia ........... I just want to enjoy the house. Kids will be kids, will dirty the house. I dont mind as long as can clean.

I chose homo tiles because I thought easy to maintain. Cos last time I had broken marble. stains really get 'absorbed' into the marble. So got to be very careful.

Sigh, now in this new house, also like that. I will die with unendless cleaning. hahahaha.....:)

think got to check with the sales person....i was also assured that homo tiles very ez to maintain....minimum maintenance some more my 3 kids still very young....

Stains on tiles:

use this thing called "magic sponge" white in colour can get cheap ones from daiso at 2 bucks per packet or get betters, long lasting quality from howard storage. works like magic is cleaning away stains and marks.

HTH