Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapyap

Solar Film

I installed solar films in my study room windows. The room is unique because it's converted from a toilet to a study (we told the developer not to install the sanitary wares and just to seal up the pipes/drains when they build the place. We had wanted to install an aircon there but was told that it is going to be very expensive with a lot of hacking (of the brand new place) so we decided to just put a fan and install top grade solar film on the windows.

Had gone back to the installer of my car's film, and the installer showed me their latest film, which is much better than the best when I installed 6 yr ago. He got a meter to measure the visible light transmission (for those familiar with LTA regulations re films, this will be familiar) and another equipment to measure heat transmission, telling me confidently that there is no other films whose specs are better than his...

I must say it was quite good after installation, but it wasn't exactly cheap. The brand is tintsycool in case anyone is keen.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello, very old thread here. 

but if you are looking for window films, do give us a chance! oasisdeco.sg is our website and we specialize in photochromic (film that tints more when there is more UV) and nanoceramic (blocks IR and UV) films!

Hey, I am not using but I would like to start .Energy-controlled film can work  well. ... The new year-round, energy-control  films are not difficult to install and they do work. These films have a microscopically thin low-emissivity layer of metal to block heat gain during summer and heat loss during winter.