Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

I finally start using my kitchen yesterday. Not that I've not step into the kitchen but for the past 1-2 weeks we merely go into the kitchen to boil water, make milk, throw things or do laundry. Yesterday, I tried my hands at baking. I baked egg tarts, STORM u hear that??!!! :bleah:

My reviews for my kitcehn after my first bake - I super appreciated the advice given by our ever popular carpenter.

I initally wanted to do a sliding table like the below pic :

DSC00081.jpg

I am a super disorganise person when it comes to baking and cooking. I will have things sprawled all over the place, thus I am concern that I do not have enough table top space to accomodate the way i mess up the kitchen when i bake/cook. That's why I hatched the idea of doing the above.

As usual, the carpenter fed me his "save money" theory again... saying if I want to do that sliding table, the tracks plus the workmanship will cost me $300+. On top of that, the constant sliding will create a mark on my floor tiles, and he is quite sure after some time, the table will not be sliding as smoothly... To compensate for "my loss", he suggested a foldable table with no extra cost.... I a bit buay happy mah, cos cannot get what i want mah.. but I go along with his idea loh.

The verdict after I used the table yesterday - I LOVE the foldable table!! It works well for me! and I think it is more usable than the slim looking, filmsy sliding table I initially wanted. I realise if i were to do the sliding table when i pull it out to use it will obstruct my access to my drawers lah my oven lah etc. This foldable table is totally out of the way of all those things and it is deep enough to hold my stuffs.

DSC00504-1.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

if i dun need to use it, i just put it down. I can even use it as breakfast table. So happy with it :)

for those using Ah wei, this chap can give pretty practical suggestion versus our dreamy ideas, no harm giving his suggestions a thought, even though it may not be what you dreamed to have.

Edited by ivy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I finally start using my kitchen yesterday. Not that I've not step into the kitchen but for the past 1-2 weeks we merely go into the kitchen to boil water, make milk, throw things or do laundry. Yesterday, I tried my hands at baking. I baked egg tarts, STORM u hear that??!!! :bleah:

My reviews for my kitcehn after my first bake - I super appreciated the advice given by our ever popular carpenter.

I initally wanted to do a sliding table like the below pic :

DSC00081.jpg

I am a super disorganise person when it comes to baking and cooking. I will have things sprawled all over the place, thus I am concern that I do not have enough table top space to accomodate the way i mess up the kitchen when i bake/cook. That's why I hatched the idea of doing the above.

As usual, the carpenter fed me his "save money" theory again... saying if I want to do that sliding table, the tracks plus the workmanship will cost me $300+. On top of that, the constant sliding will create a mark on my floor tiles, and he is quite sure after some time, the table will not be sliding as smoothly... To compensate for "my loss", he suggested a foldable table with no extra cost.... I a bit buay happy mah, cos cannot get what i want mah.. but I go along with his idea loh.

The verdict after I used the table yesterday - I LOVE the foldable table!! It works well for me! and I think it is more usable than the slim looking, filmsy sliding table I initially wanted. I realise if i were to do the sliding table when i pull it out to use it will obstruct my access to my drawers lah my oven lah etc. This foldable table is totally out of the way of all those things and it is deep enough to hold my stuffs.

DSC00504-1.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

if i dun need to use it, i just put it down. I can even use it as breakfast table. So happy with it :)

for those using Ah wei, this chap can give pretty practical suggestion versus our dreamy ideas, no harm giving his suggestions a thought, even though it may not be what you dreamed to have.

IVY,我也是计划在我那个小小厨房做一个可以伸缩拉出的抽屉式桌面,因为厨房空间实在有限,我可能不像你有多一面空的墙面做你现在做的可以收的桌面,可以选择我觉得阿伟说的没错,你现在这样的桌面会比拉进拉出的耐用许多,我要看看有墙壁给我那样加桌子吗?嘻嘻!不然就还是要做拉进拉出那种了。

其实我也有要求抽屉式桌面,可是当时jason觉得很容易坏。 所以劝我不要做。除了ah wei, jason也给了我不少有用的提示。

u can get ah wei to give u suggestions when he visits ur unit.

其实我也有要求抽屉式桌面,可是当时jason觉得很容易坏。 所以劝我不要做。除了ah wei, jason也给了我不少有用的提示。

u can get ah wei to give u suggestions when he visits ur unit.

那天我们提早到BEN的家。结果遇到躲人的阿伟,他吓到怎么他已经故意提早到了还遇到要找他的人,哈哈!算我们幸运,到时我们再跟他商量看看要怎么做。窝看到你橱有做开出在拉到橱旁边的橱门,那里放饭锅,使用方便吗?

DSC00504-1.jpg

aiyoh jesslyn that particular compartment gave ah wei and his tag team alot of problem and frankly i am not happy with the end result but i accepted it cos it was a case of me, 自讨苦吃....

when i first discuss with jason that i wanted such a compartment, he advised me strongly against that. He said from his experience this kinda door will pose alot of problem. But i stubborn lor, 硬硬要lor... ended up the carpenter dun really know how to do this set of doors, it was far from my expectations.. they have taken it down and redo it many times. do until i also feel heartache for them and i finally just accept this far from perfect piece of work.

The reason why i wanted to do this is bcos so that I can hide my mess when there are guests around and when no guests, we'll just keep it open to access our water, milk powder etc. Objective is to achieve a clutter free exposed table top. I also dream of housing my rice cooker and water boiler in there, that's why I also fixed up power points in there but after that I realise it was a stupid idea cos imagine if i cook in there, over time the steam will probably sent my cabinets to RIP early.... so the power points are redundant in there :P but it does achieve it's purpose of hiding my clutter. Doors are a bit problematic though.

Can some one pm me the contact to Uncle Soon? He sounds like a very good contractor.

email me at crying_out_loud@bigfoot.com Thanks!

will email u some info but do go to the Reno Firm and Service section to read thru the Ah Soon thread.

Hi Ivy, finally i hv manged to login to renotalk. :)

Went to view one of uncle soon project yesterday at serangoon. Workmanship not bad. Got to know from the owner the HO date long overdue. I know this is the uncle soon pattern.

But my hubby not very comfortable with uncle soon pattern leh. :unsure:

I heard uncle jason also very gd too. Any comment?

hi Bee Leng, if hubby not comfy then better dun appoint uncle cos no point end up husband n wife quarrel later. It can be quite stressful de when the other party starts to point fingers.

Uncle Jason is nice lah, same genes mah, bubbly type. can be lor soh :x good with his sketches. U describe to him what he wants he can sketch for u on the spot de lor, no need to go home and wait for sketches one. but of course detailed drawings must give him time to draw lah. as for workmanship wise, drop by red_devil and home_master thread for feedback. so far I think both are very happy working with jason :)

hi Bee Leng, if hubby not comfy then better dun appoint uncle cos no point end up husband n wife quarrel later. It can be quite stressful de when the other party starts to point fingers.

Uncle Jason is nice lah, same genes mah, bubbly type. can be lor soh :x good with his sketches. U describe to him what he wants he can sketch for u on the spot de lor, no need to go home and wait for sketches one. but of course detailed drawings must give him time to draw lah. as for workmanship wise, drop by red_devil and home_master thread for feedback. so far I think both are very happy working with jason :)

fully agree with u. Thanks for all ur advise. :)

fully agree with u. Thanks for all ur advise. :)

no probs :) we have been there and done that so we know. for me heng my hubby is the bo chup type, otherwise the pro-long handover would have gotten me slained hahahha.

do you need Jason's number? If yes I can pm u.

no probs :) we have been there and done that so we know. for me heng my hubby is the bo chup type, otherwise the pro-long handover would have gotten me slained hahahha.

do you need Jason's number? If yes I can pm u.

u sure yr hubby will slained u bo?or the other way rd? :P

OEI! 8|

Wah BD just came back and you starts to torture him already ? Wait he MIA again how ? :P

Anyway I'm on the verge of confirming with Jason le, hopefully he will not be too tied up during that period else difficult to get him hee hee :P

Will be meeting him this thur or Fri to verify something in the quote b4 I "book" him for my house hee hee :P