Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

Hi Ivy.. you have very good taste =) Is your WC from TOTO? Very nice! I've been eyeing it for a long time. Can share the price & shop you bought it from? Thanks!!!

ohh thansk for the compliment. i took that piece of WC cos it is the only 1piece design WC in the shop other than the a squarish design which I like but not comfortable..

This is not toto, toto one expensive cannot afford haahhaha I go toto look see wahhh got alot of fanciful gadgets WC and cost 1-2K aiyoh...Mine is a Crizto model is 2340. I got it at Asia excel marketing IMM at $330. if u go there u can look for salesman Tommy.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ohh thansk for the compliment. i took that piece of WC cos it is the only 1piece design WC in the shop other than the a squarish design which I like but not comfortable..

This is not toto, toto one expensive cannot afford haahhaha I go toto look see wahhh got alot of fanciful gadgets WC and cost 1-2K aiyoh...Mine is a Crizto model is 2340. I got it at Asia excel marketing IMM at $330. if u go there u can look for salesman Tommy.

Wa your reply very fast.. Hee.. really very nice. I like.. :dribble: okok i'll go check it out when it's my turn to renovate.. Hee.. Happy renovating :yamseng:

cost i am following other people's thread closely mah hahaha so the renotalk screen is always on :P I am getting keys next friday leh so gotta be more on!

i have qn for all the ah soon supporters.. does he do any design for u? my place i need only essentials but will he help to suggest which color to use for kitchen cabi and which color tiles? if i decide to have feature wall in living room for tv will he suggest a design or he is the u say i do type? pls advise! :)

hi, Smallboy's wife here...........

Ah Soon is your regular contractor ie... i dont expect any design elements he can bring to my reno. But saying that, because he has done so many houses, he kinda of know what works and what not. But at the end of the day, it is up to us to decide. So, the "u say, i do' way.

We know what we wanted... after 'studying' many Home Decor books and many home furnishing mag too. We came up with the design and the colours scheme.

Then he tell you technically whether it can be done.

For feature wall, it is Jason (Ah Soon' bro) who handles the sketch/design........ I must say this guy has some good sense of balance and functionality in his propopals.

Ah soon will give you books of laminates to choose from. You got to know what you like.

As for tiles, he wont follow you to choose tiles. You decide on your own.

All in all, my expectation is like that........... Like I tell my hubby.... "Huh... you trust them with colour scheme???? Just look at his dress sense.......... hahaha... always uncombed hair, 3 quarters pants/shorts.... hee....." Enough said, I trust his workmanship rather than his design perspective.

Edited by Smallboy

cost i am following other people's thread closely mah hahaha so the renotalk screen is always on :P I am getting keys next friday leh so gotta be more on!

Congrats.. I'm also getting Keys this Thursday but i promised the poor sellers to let them stay for another 2 weeks. After that i'll be renting out the rooms for another 6 months before i save enough to renovate.. Haiz i've been in RT for 1 yr plus liao only can envy others.. heee

Edited by iluvmybeans

aubrey, smallboy's wifey is right. Actually I posted somewhere else commenting that nowadays even when u go ID, they give u the cut and paste from their archive design. Don't differ much. Unless u got a big budget which allow them to do alot of fanciful stuffs. For us, who dun hv a huge budget to throw at the IDs, i think contractors like Ah soon is a good enough catch. I met up with Jason last weekend, he can catch what u describe to him pretty quickly. Do some searches online and show him pictures of what u like. He will also give some advice etc.

When I was in my initial stages of searching for ID, I was also worried abt design, after that I immune liao... cos i see all the 3Ds all about the same mah actually.

Congrats.. I'm also getting Keys this Thursday but i promised the poor sellers to let them stay for another 2 weeks. After that i'll be renting out the rooms for another 6 months before i save enough to renovate.. Haiz i've been in RT for 1 yr plus liao only can envy others.. heee

ohh congrats too. 6 months hor very fast will fly past!! make use of this time span to do ur research!!

aubrey, smallboy's wifey is right. Actually I posted somewhere else commenting that nowadays even when u go ID, they give u the cut and paste from their archive design. Don't differ much. Unless u got a big budget which allow them to do alot of fanciful stuffs. For us, who dun hv a huge budget to throw at the IDs, i think contractors like Ah soon is a good enough catch. I met up with Jason last weekend, he can catch what u describe to him pretty quickly. Do some searches online and show him pictures of what u like. He will also give some advice etc.

When I was in my initial stages of searching for ID, I was also worried abt design, after that I immune liao... cos i see all the 3Ds all about the same mah actually.

ohh congrats too. 6 months hor very fast will fly past!! make use of this time span to do ur research!!

Thanks!! I will de.. Ppl at RT are really helpful & informative. I've learnt alot from them...

yipeeeeeee just confirmed my final inspection date with agent. It will be this Friday at 2p.m and guess what?? Uncle Ah Soon agree to drag Jason along to come look look see see my unit though it is a public holiday!! so touched! I EMPHASIZE to him this time cannot be late. He says ok :P I am keeping my fingers cross!!

fully agreed! *hands up*

i dun have that kinda budget to offer to an ID, likely my house will turn out just as the way i've done it with uncle soon, probably w a few more lighting points (which means more lights to buy, more hefty electrical bills!) to play ard with the mood n feel. Anyway on a very practical sense, how often will we turn on ALL the lights in the house to make it look like a designer house? I was going for minimalist theme anyway, and i dun think i'll need an ID to tell me how to do up my house with minimal items. :notti:

less fanciful designs, lesser display racks/shelving to clean n wipe also. Hehe, i'm just plain lazy. :P

ivy: how come u n fannie so zun one? bought the house exactly same day ah? inspection also one after another!

Edited by mrspiglet

i have qn for all the ah soon supporters.. does he do any design for u? my place i need only essentials but will he help to suggest which color to use for kitchen cabi and which color tiles? if i decide to have feature wall in living room for tv will he suggest a design or he is the u say i do type? pls advise! :)

Totally agree with Smallboy's wifey and mrspiglet.

That said, if you ask them which colour is better, they will still advise.. but they base it on practicality.. which is also important of course. However in terms of designs.. or spending time with you to slowly analyse your tastes and such... that would be impossible.

:)

Piglet, we ahhh even give birth also hand in hand hahahahha both our kids are just 5-6months apart from the other.

Coincident lah. Fannie sold first, I found a unit i wanted to buy first but my existing one not sold yet. So we drag the buying part and try to sell, drag for awhile while fannie and family hunt for their ideal unit. By the time all is done, her seller drag her, I drag my seller then dunno how the completion date becomes just 4 days apart. haahhaha

her completion on 13th april mine is 17th apr. My inspection date is chosen by the seller one. They can inspect earlier I lagi happy cos I can bring uncle ah soon and jason up to do some recce. Heng my sellers are very nice people.

Piglet, we ahhh even give birth also hand in hand hahahahha both our kids are just 5-6months apart from the other.

Coincident lah. Fannie sold first, I found a unit i wanted to buy first but my existing one not sold yet. So we drag the buying part and try to sell, drag for awhile while fannie and family hunt for their ideal unit. By the time all is done, her seller drag her, I drag my seller then dunno how the completion date becomes just 4 days apart. haahhaha

her completion on 13th april mine is 17th apr. My inspection date is chosen by the seller one. They can inspect earlier I lagi happy cos I can bring uncle ah soon and jason up to do some recce. Heng my sellers are very nice people.

wah!! complicated. Just curious, u r SIL, so who's blood related?

hahahah our husbands are twin brothers. so it's the husbands that are blood related.

hi Ivy,

Can ah soon speak english or he can only speak and quote in chinese?

was going to get his quote but he seems too busy and may not understand english much from the bits i gathered here....

hahahah our husbands are twin brothers. so it's the husbands that are blood related.

cooolll!! twin brothers! I cannot imagine having another person that looks exactly the same as my hub. hahah!

xherion: Ah soon can only speak mandarin n hokkien.