Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

love your sofa... nice contrast with the cushions. Excellent to have multi-tasking furniture.

Fabric sofas are more versatile... can play with colours and textures. covers can be sent for drycleaning. Some laundry shops provide the service of coming to your house to remove the covers, and then put them back. Leather also needs to be maintained, and I feel is harder to keep clean, cos they can't be stripped off the frame.

pet, Goodrich showroom is at 8 changi south lane. very near to singapore expo! DON'T GO!!! you will be stuck there for a long time!!! they got so much selection!

asianms, thanks! I always prefer fabric sofa, though hubby sometimes grumble about the maintenance :P our last sofa set was beige colour fabric, thus gets dirty easily, it doesn't help that I have a toddler and a preschooler at home that always drop food and drinks on the sofa.. that's why this time, we get the dark colour one. This set no need to dry wash, can throw inside washing machine!! yippee!!

Ivy, if you are doing with wall paper, Ah Soon will ask someone to bring stack and books of wallpaper to choose from.

Then you will be gooey- eyed.... cos we were.......... so many other brands too.... not necessary Goodrich.......

We were so lost for weeks........... can't decide...........:) :) :)

Wow, the sofa really look nice wor.

The trouble with L shape sofa is, someone will always be lying at the longer part :P

hubby is the one lah!! he loves to lie down to watch TV. I forbid TV in the MBR, so at least he can lie down and watch in the living room :P

:( u shdnt even have told her the add. She stays just a few stops away. Jialat....

ohhh :x uh-oh

Ivy, if you are doing with wall paper, Ah Soon will ask someone to bring stack and books of wallpaper to choose from.

Then you will be gooey- eyed.... cos we were.......... so many other brands too.... not necessary Goodrich.......

hmmm in that case maybe i should save the trip. i think i'll make use of wallpaper for my TV feature wall.

Hey smallboy ask u ahhh what top are u using for ur kitchen and what colour?

pet, Goodrich showroom is at 8 changi south lane. very near to singapore expo! DON'T GO!!! you will be stuck there for a long time!!! they got so much selection!

whahahaha so near... and I pass by on the way to work every day... hhahaha :)

:( u shdnt even have told her the add. She stays just a few stops away. Jialat....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The person will leave the books at your house????

i kiasu not yet sign anything with ah soon but already chosen my tiles :P

Living Room file tile

DSC01117.jpg

MBR toilet

DSC01118.jpg

The stripey tile is from Sin Lek.. **** X... it is at $9.50...way above the $3 that uncle give.. If i am tiling the whole toilet wall with this, just the material will cost $1K+.. :( so I asking uncle how much I need to top up if i only tile 2 walls with this and the other 2 with normal grey tiles.. hopefully i can afford the top up.

common toilets

DSC01119.jpg

my kitchen floor tile will be the same dark grey tiles. no wall tiles for kitchen.

In another thread, which I can't which thread, we were discussing about the expensive Sin Lek tile, versus the more affordable version available at both Hafary and LSH. Manage to take a picture to make comparison between the italian expensive one and the more economical one.

DSC01120.jpg

can see the difference?? can tell which is the more expensive one?

then i think we were too gd to Robin (the wallpaper guy). We took less than an hour to choose!

Pinkpetter going gaga liao...

DSC01120.jpg

Right side looks more classy!

Robin is the wallpaper guy....... I think he was going on a holiday after he meet us so he leaves the stack of wallpapers at my house for 1 week............ but worse, EVERYDAY, we sit around it and see if it goes well with our laminates! :) :)

But I think can ask for 3 days to hold the wallpapers............:)

Ivy, my kitchen all white so I am going for WHITE countertop........... uncle Ah soon has not shown my wife the samples. We are still waiting........... PATIENTLY!

T_6228_m.jpg

T-8718_m.jpg

T-7218_m.jpg

CCB-8078-WT330x280x110.jpg

Ivy, you may not want to buy these items yet without going thru the house with Ah Soon. Cos he will advise you what size of toilet and basin to buy. We dare to buy ONLY after Ah Soon said ok with some measurements............ cos floor plan may not be accurate and some funny toilet pipes here and there (usual stupid HDB thing).

then i think we were too gd to Robin (the wallpaper guy). We took less than an hour to choose!

Pinkpetter going gaga liao...

Right side looks more classy!

hahah I think I will go mad really. It's like when I walk into a shop selling paintings.. I thought i would just look around.. I stayed for 4 hours.... but couldn't afford anything *thankfully*.

and the right side (grey) tile does look better now that you put it side by side.

and Smallboy.. I'm so happy to hear that. then my parents can argue within the four walls of my home. I shall go stay at Hotel 81 for those 3 days. :P

Edited by pinkpetter

Pet/Piglet

correct hor?? the sin lek one much more classy. but the price hor also very high...

Ivy, my kitchen all white so I am going for WHITE countertop........... uncle Ah soon has not shown my wife the samples. We are still waiting........... PATIENTLY!

sigh... I now cannot decide what top and what colour to use... I visited the unit which they recently completed in Eunos. The owner used black granite but I think it doesn't look very nice leh.. unlike those that I see in IDs showroom.. much nicer. Also the joint line between the 2 pieces is very obvious and a bit unsightly in my opinion. I ask Jason whether can make the joint line finer but seems like he says joint line can't go any finer..

Also the thickness is pretty thin. I prefer table top to look thicker thus if i am using granite I may top up to add the drop down to make the top looks thicker.

Now I am contemplating whether I should go for solid black top, or simply use postform.... ideas ideas pls pls!!!

Ivy, you may not want to buy these items yet without going thru the house with Ah Soon. Cos he will advise you what size of toilet and basin to buy. We dare to buy ONLY after Ah Soon said ok with some measurements............ cos floor plan may not be accurate and some funny toilet pipes here and there (usual stupid HDB thing).

no worries smallboy, though we already chosen and paid a deposit, we can change the item if the sizing does not fit. We kiasu :P

In another thread, which I can't which thread, we were discussing about the expensive Sin Lek tile, versus the more affordable version available at both Hafary and LSH. Manage to take a picture to make comparison between the italian expensive one and the more economical one.

DSC01120.jpg

yes yes tat is the exp tile i saw at Sin Lek! Gorgeous!! haha