Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

hehe just to share with you... My house is all homo tiles. and to make the house bright we chose the whitest tiles we could within the range...

I totally regret. If I have a chance I will have the bedrooms in laminate.. Cos I have long hair and it drops... and it's CONSTANTLY seen around the house. I magic-clean twice a day and it's still flying around. horrible!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hehe just to share with you... My house is all homo tiles. and to make the house bright we chose the whitest tiles we could within the range...

I totally regret. If I have a chance I will have the bedrooms in laminate.. Cos I have long hair and it drops... and it's CONSTANTLY seen around the house. I magic-clean twice a day and it's still flying around. horrible!!

I know what you mean. my current place is white tiles too and no matter how many times I sweep there will still be some stray hair somewhere...

Wow... nice foyer. My unit is door to door but without the foyer. The current kitchen also looks quite clean and new.

The kitchen cabinet looks new, but the blue tiles very mismatch.

The current kitchen indeed is very well maintain. However, I'll like a more updated look. Thus, decide to let it go. The owner did try to ask us to keep it cos she just did the cabinet like 3-4 years ago if i am not wrong.

Today, I received another 2 more quotations... both quoted above $40K... sigh... expensive...

I know what you mean. my current place is white tiles too and no matter how many times I sweep there will still be some stray hair somewhere...

The current kitchen indeed is very well maintain. However, I'll like a more updated look. Thus, decide to let it go. The owner did try to ask us to keep it cos she just did the cabinet like 3-4 years ago if i am not wrong.

Today, I received another 2 more quotations... both quoted above $40K... sigh... expensive...

... :) if the interior of the cabinet is in good condition you can just change the doors or the outer laminates...

Thanks Pinkpetter! I received your PM. You are such a sweetieeeeee!!

sigh... i want suspended kitchen cabinets.. and I was smaller top cabinets... so the current set gotta go..

wow ivy, the previous owners sure got a lot of stuff. and got a lot of kids toys lying around too. Oh boy. duno how are they going to move house haha. anyway, dun worry u still got plenty of time to look around for contractor or ID. above 40k is a lil bit ex. see if you can trim down on certain "wants" and maybe opt out false ceiling, example? btw, i like ur foyer area. Can sit down and wear ur shoes peacefully and no need to step into the house

wow ivy, the previous owners sure got a lot of stuff. and got a lot of kids toys lying around too. Oh boy. duno how are they going to move house haha. anyway, dun worry u still got plenty of time to look around for contractor or ID. above 40k is a lil bit ex. see if you can trim down on certain "wants" and maybe opt out false ceiling, example? btw, i like ur foyer area. Can sit down and wear ur shoes peacefully and no need to step into the house

They only got 1 little girl. I guess the "spilling" of the toys is probably becos the owners did not have much storage space. Though their unit is spacious for a family of 3, other than a wardrobe in the MBR, there aren't anymore cupboards. That's why everything is out there.

I also think above $40K is X. However, this is an opp to overhaul a place which gonna root for probably the next 10 years at least. So thought wanna put whatever is in our wishlist. As much as possible. hahahha. shall see how man. Need to scrutinise the cost, item by item.

oh i like the idea of confining our shoes outside the door as well!! hehehhee less mess and dirt to be brought into the house.

Edited by ivy

Thanks Pinkpetter! I received your PM. You are such a sweetieeeeee!!

sigh... i want suspended kitchen cabinets.. and I was smaller top cabinets... so the current set gotta go..

Welcome! Anything that can help. :)

Wah suspended kitchen cabinets... hehe it's really tempting! :) Good luck then!

if can, i prefer to change the door of the mbr, rather than shifting the 'xtra' room de entrance leh...

chang the mbr de door to the wall beside toilet.

don know good or not, i don like door-door de design.

if for me to choose, i would like my whole bed to face the toilet wall, and try to shift one of the wardrobes to the store room wall, the rest just as you planned.

hope you are able to imagine what i have descriped...

i very poor in english... =(

if can, i prefer to change the door of the mbr, rather than shifting the 'xtra' room de entrance leh...

chang the mbr de door to the wall beside toilet.

don know good or not, i don like door-door de design.

if for me to choose, i would like my whole bed to face the toilet wall, and try to shift one of the wardrobes to the store room wall, the rest just as you planned.

hope you are able to imagine what i have descriped...

i very poor in english... =(

i understand what you mean. You english ok mah. Relocating the MBR door will have not much effect (in terms of fenghsui) Also, the MBR entrance is not directly opposite in the same track as the toilet so it is considered alright.

As for the location of the bed, whatever u describe was what i initially planned to do. Unfortunately, fengshui master advice against it as that sector is not a good sector in the house thus if i put the bed there will result in squabbles.

that's why the layout become like that :D

I have always been comtemplating whether to purchase a bed frame or just let the mattress lie on the floor which is what we have been doing for years.

Last week, we saw this bed frame and I couldn't resist and the best part is, the frame can be customised. They can shave off the legs and let it sit on a platform, they can customised the size to suit the space as well.

I love the blink blink!! Photo quality is bad and dun bring out the colour cos taken by old model handphone camera. It is actually bronze in colour (picture appear to be in black in colour), the material shimmer a little and it is studded with white Crystal pieces.

Photo-0587.jpg