Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ultramantaro

Alone Living In An Old Flat

Hi all: I am new here and this is my first blog. This blog hope to describe what I am going to transform from this old flat to a much "better" look house.

I bought this flat not long ago. There is a story behind it. You see, I have been staying in this flat since I was borned. You may think, why I "bought" the flat since I have been staying here all my life for over 30++ years. Well, about 3 yrs ago, my mom left me, then 2 yrs ago, my dad gone too, this flat was their hardwork and purchased at less than $10K at that time. Do you know how much it is worth now? $200K!!!, wow!

But ouch! I have to pay $200K!! Why? Because my parents will indicated the flat will be sold and the money distributed among my siblings. How much each will get? You guess, but I did not get a any cash share. I shall keep it a secret why I did not get any cash after the sale.

I bought the flat back from my siblings. I do all the paperworks, filling forms, hire lawyers etc.

Finally, DEC 2008, the flat belong to me.

It was more than 40 yrs old now, :jawdrop: . It need new life, new look. I am single, I like my place to be nice and cosy, therefore, since taking over the flat, I have changed some of things in it. I will post some picure here in future.

Currently, I am looking for a contractor, a reliable one. I am planning to renovate the house about late March.

I am very interested in wallpaper, therefore anyone have wallpaper, maybe you can tell me your experience.

Edited by ultramantaro

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi. thanks for sharing the story. I guess that's the way it is. But I'm glad that you chose the "easier" way out to pay and share it out instead of arguing over many years as I've seen some siblings do after their parents are gone.

Like yourself, I'm single living with my parents and siblings in our newly bought and newly renovated flat now. I do hope that in time to come, everything can be settled amicably... :)

If you like, my contractor is quite cheap and reliable... though his workmanship is not fantastic. You can PM me if you want his contact.

I was just wondering... would you be staying in the house when the renovation is done?

spam chop :dancingqueen:

looking forward to your before pix

i used to live in a 3-rm flat too

and i used to dream about how i would like the flat to be if i'm staying alone :wub:

Hi. thanks for sharing the story. I guess that's the way it is. But I'm glad that you chose the "easier" way out to pay and share it out instead of arguing over many years as I've seen some siblings do after their parents are gone.

Like yourself, I'm single living with my parents and siblings in our newly bought and newly renovated flat now. I do hope that in time to come, everything can be settled amicably... :)

If you like, my contractor is quite cheap and reliable... though his workmanship is not fantastic. You can PM me if you want his contact.

I was just wondering... would you be staying in the house when the renovation is done?

Hi Pinkpetter:

Thanks, I am not sure when renovation will be done. Should be April 2nd week.

U know, I hope you will get you own living area too.

Wao! :good: for you! I'm sure the place will be very nice after reno, esp since there's sentimental value in it. :)

I like the area, east is Katong, Joo Chiat, North is Geylang - Not so good but still got good food, south is Katong with EC Park. West is Town, going to Suntec will be only 10mins drive away.

I will keep you posted of my pictures.

Cheers.

spam chop :dancingqueen:

looking forward to your before pix

i used to live in a 3-rm flat too

and i used to dream about how i would like the flat to be if i'm staying alone :wub:

Living alone, not so easy, cook and wash. Always eat junk food. Sometime it is good, sometime really lonely.

Well, it has been a few years. No problem.

i've lived alone for a couple of years before

not too bad, as long as you learn how to cook for one :notti:

maybe you want to include possible gatherings as one of the considerations when you are renovating

at least you can invite friends over

that's what i did when i lived alone, but everyone got to sit on the floor :lol: :lol:

Hi Pinkpetter:

Thanks, I am not sure when renovation will be done. Should be April 2nd week.

U know, I hope you will get you own living area too.

I like the area, east is Katong, Joo Chiat, North is Geylang - Not so good but still got good food, south is Katong with EC Park. West is Town, going to Suntec will be only 10mins drive away.

I will keep you posted of my pictures.

Cheers.

Living alone, not so easy, cook and wash. Always eat junk food. Sometime it is good, sometime really lonely.

hihi :)

I hope to live with my parents for as long as I can... and after that... maybe be like you, have own space and invite friends over for gatherings and stuff. :) I moved from East Coast Area to here so I can imagine how your location is. hehe :)

Spam chop chop :P

Agree with your comments... only those who ever stay alone will understand this feeling.

I used to stay with my parents previously... but I bought my own flat last yr... ever since I am staying alone, my role has changed to a maid, do all the cooking & cleaning work myself... I hardly have time to do other things liao.

But I don't eat junk food... still prefer to cook... want to treat myself nicer... I only live once hor... you should think this way & be nice to your stomach :D

Be strong, don't feel sad for the past, just look ahead & hope for the best :yamseng: