Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

quite curious why no one is using solid surface here. :unsure:

Didn't consider solid surface as during reno only think of granite as my mum have been using granite worktop for the past 21yrs so have the impression granite are better.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Heard that granite got this joining gap, whereas solid surface no joining line. Is the gap an eyesore?

my granite countertop

the joint line is somewhere in the middle of the stove

no an eyesore for me, in fact no one really notices it

as for solid surface, it HAS joining line but just less obvious when compared to granite :yamseng:

Pardon my ugly drawing. Tis will be my final kitchen color combi and layout.

finalizedkitchenwordow2.jpg

Hope it's not too dark and gloomy and the countertop is sufficient for food preparation and storage area for my rice cooker, water jug etc.

Feel that the black cabinets will make your kitchen look darker having seen your kitchen layout before, which I felt is already quite dark even in the day.

such delicious colours for your kitchen. black, white, red & brown floors. gorgeous! but how come your washing machine at that corner? is that white colour a wall? the slanted part looks a bit funnie

Feel that the black cabinets will make your kitchen look darker having seen your kitchen layout before, which I felt is already quite dark even in the day.

well i have black granite top, so if i take bright red botton cabinets, i scared too much "FIRE" leh. Realized tat black top quite difficult to match wif other colors leh. White surface top seems cooler but too bad hubby wants granite. :sport-smiley-018:

such delicious colours for your kitchen. black, white, red & brown floors. gorgeous! but how come your washing machine at that corner? is that white colour a wall? the slanted part looks a bit funnie

Hee it's black floors (crocodile skin design). The slanted white color portion is a wall. Looks funny cos I copy and paste to become a pillar. Me no 3D graphic software just use "Paint" software to do. SO pardon the weird look :P

Oh Yeah Urgent request. My living room is 22.5 ft long by 13 ft wide. My contractor asked me to do 9 PLC downlights (2 tubes 18W each) and 3 additional spotlights (incase these 9 PLC not bright enuff).

I did my research in the forum that said 2 tubes of 13W is bright enuff but my contractor said likewise.

Do i reallyhave to spend so much to do 9 PLC? It costs me $65 per unit (inclusive supply & Installation of the PLC plus one switch for 2 PLC)

THen my false ceiling is 4 feet wide at each side - $975. Is tat X? She's asking me to confirm the electrical works but I'm not convinced. Pls help. :help:

Yeah Angel81, glossy laminates are really bright. Matt is safer though. Congrats on your ongoing reno. Hope to see ur red and white kitchen soon! :yamseng: BTW what is the colour of ur counter top?

Hee.. Thanks! I hope to see it soon too! Hehehe.. Yesterday met with my contractor and saw the drawing for the kitchen liao. Signz.. So small. The house quite big, but my favourite kitchen so small. :( Lot's of things cannot do or gota squeeze. :P Aniway, I chose a white counter top with little flecks (think it's cream or dark white colour) and tiny sparkles. Was so tired last nite (we discussed from 7pm - 10.30pm!) that I just chose the solid top within 5secs. But I think that one is very nice with the little sparkles, so hope that it'll turn out well bah. :)

Hurray! :yamseng: Then for lazy bum like me granite is perfect. Sometimes after cooking maggie mee, I jus dump the hot pot either on the top or in the sink when I cant find the protector mat.

Plus i'm a terrible washer, water can splutter everywhere and I cant be bothered to wipe dry. :jawdrop: SO as long no water marks, no burnt marks it's good news for me!

My current in-law's place uses black coloured granite. We always put hot pots etc on it, leave the pots/pans on it to dry. Everything ok. Best of all, the whole thing black black, can't see dust/dirt. :P

well i have black granite top, so if i take bright red botton cabinets, i scared too much "FIRE" leh. Realized tat black top quite difficult to match wif other colors leh. White surface top seems cooler but too bad hubby wants granite. :sport-smiley-018:

Hee it's black floors (crocodile skin design). The slanted white color portion is a wall. Looks funny cos I copy and paste to become a pillar. Me no 3D graphic software just use "Paint" software to do. SO pardon the weird look :P

How about the bottom cabinets to look like the top ones? That means red body and white doors as well? Think this combi will go very well with ur black granite top and black floors. :)

Wah, crocodile skin design floor! Sure to look very interesting! :P Got sample/pic to show? :P

I have black granite top and dark flooring.. even with the cabinets white, it's still dark at times. It also really depends if you want to cook often. Personally I prefer granite. You can take a look at my kitchen as it's a long shape one.

I have black granite top and dark flooring.. even with the cabinets white, it's still dark at times. It also really depends if you want to cook often. Personally I prefer granite. You can take a look at my kitchen as it's a long shape one.

black sure will make the space dark maybe having 2 lights might help and also having light above the washing sink might help too. making washing dishes better and at night if need go kitchen can just on the light above the sink.

Well, here's my 'crocodile skin' kitchen floor. dsc00377.th.jpg Dunnoe whether you guys can see the wavy patterns on the tile.

well jule, I guess our kitchen is dark cos no sun shining in. Mine facing south and the 2 panels of window not enuff lol.

sakae sushi, I sure have 2 lights in the kitchen since the lighting points already provided. DUn waste :P As for task lighting at wall cabinet bottom, self installed or get contractor to do for you? Cos I see Giant have those long 3 LED lighting with 12 bulbs for self-installation for $20 plus using 6 AAA batteries. Then hor you have to walk all the way to the sink to turn on the light when you can do it at the entrance isn't tat tiring? I mean both my familes never have tat kind of practice of having lights under the wall cabinets. So really useful?

Well tat was the market price then. Dun think we have much of a choice. Plus huge financial burden lo and the monthly instalment can be **** if kena retrenched.

Plus we buy high, so can't earn much as compared to those who bought the flats before 2008.

SG so small, ur area will oso become developed then oso can fetch high price and be very accessible with our advance public transport! haha

Hi Kari,

when did you buy the flat at tanglin halt? which hdb sales exercise was it?

is it high floor or low floor? Btw do you know how much your 5-rm flat neighbours bought their flats for?

Hi Kari,

when did you buy the flat at tanglin halt? which hdb sales exercise was it?

is it high floor or low floor? Btw do you know how much your 5-rm flat neighbours bought their flats for?

It was Jan-08 Balloting Exercise. Mine was mid level ba (Level 2X). Sorry cant help you with my 5rm neightbors pricing.

Well, here's my 'crocodile skin' kitchen floor. dsc00377.th.jpg Dunnoe whether you guys can see the wavy patterns on the tile.

Nice tile selection! Seems very luxurious. :P