Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Our 2 Storey Abode

ok time to share my exp with him ytd. i asked him, he said its 20, 20, 20, 20 then 10 and final 10 after 2 - 3 weeks later in case of any problems. he said its the best way and the standard way to prevent us consumers from getting conned. and of cos the usual things like, dont worry we come work u pay its alright with him too. i did tell him i do not have cheque book, he ask me to draw. i asked if its possible to do bank transfer, he said ok too.

with him, everything is okay.

*imaginary conversation

Aubrey: Hi Uncle Soon, can don't pay?

Uncle Soon: Ok can!

:rofl:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ok time to share my exp with him ytd. i asked him, he said its 20, 20, 20, 20 then 10 and final 10 after 2 - 3 weeks later in case of any problems. he said its the best way and the standard way to prevent us consumers from getting conned. and of cos the usual things like, dont worry we come work u pay its alright with him too. i did tell him i do not have cheque book, he ask me to draw. i asked if its possible to do bank transfer, he said ok too.

with him, everything is okay.

*imaginary conversation

Aubrey: Hi Uncle Soon, can don't pay?

Uncle Soon: Ok can!

:rofl:

hahahah aubrey!!! dreaming hor u!!

aubrey, i did tell him casually, when he says everything "sui bian lah..." i say dun pay also "sui bian lah"...he abit paiseh and laughed it off!!! Funny lah he!

lol.. so comical..

erm..he mentioned to me someone who jus installed their wardrobe but nv tell me is who lei...

whahaa..let me tease him on Friday...can we pay instalment? $100 a month....waahaha...

i did the opposite and was @#$%^ by hubby tat i trust uncle too much :P

cos they completed hacking and starting tiling already and we haven even pay him yet, i feel quite bad so i pay Uncle 60% first and he is too busy to collect so i jus drop the cheque in for him. and now we r waiting for rectification to complete and we'll jus pay the balance 40%. hehe! Uncle really sui bian lah

lol.. so comical..

whahaa..let me tease him on Friday...can we pay instalment? $100 a month....waahaha...

yes yes u ask Uncle 12 mths 0% instalments can? wahaha :D

to add on to wat gongkia mentioned, i think uncle really very chin chye with the payment now. When he called us up for last payment after rectifications, he asked if the balance 30% is ok for us.. kept going "可以吗? 不可以跟我讲。真的可以吗?". When had to 'convince' him that it was ok with us to pay him all the balance even thou we have not shifted in.

He said some owners tell him they cash tight, can wait 1-2mth he's also ok.

After paying him, i was still bugging Jason to finish off some painting touch up and its done last wkend. This fri still asking their door sub-con to take a look at my PD door. No issues with their after-reno services. :)

interesting talk here... I think for the new batch of people like us... he is going like this:

20 - hacking starts/tiles delivered

20 - tiling starts

20 - carpentry confirmed/fabrication

20 - carpentry installed

10 - handover

10 - 2 weeks after handover

We are happy with this arrangement. Progress by progress we pay him.

hmm...smallboy, did uncle suggest this? How come when I ask him he always sui bian sui bian?...

haha, probably because he thinks you are a good person and trustworthy that's why he say it's sui bian for you? haha.

haha...maybe we got the 'con' people face... that's why he laid out the terms for us...... :) :) :)

Familyof4.... you got trustworthy look....