Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andywee

At Least 2 Earthworms In My Toilet Weekly

worms.jpg

ok, i found me a worm today.

it's a earthworm right??

gosh...u mean u have been living with them for 3 yrs liao???

for me if i find them 3 times in my house i would have probably call HDB, pest control etc...

and keep those i found in jars. or at least photograph them.

u got birds flying into ur house?? maybe got a bird nest right outside ur toilet window/ledge?? mommy bird brings home the worms and they slipped into ur house? (juz a wild guess )

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
gosh...u mean u have been living with them for 3 yrs liao???

for me if i find them 3 times in my house i would have probably call HDB, pest control etc...

and keep those i found in jars. or at least photograph them.

u got birds flying into ur house?? maybe got a bird nest right outside ur toilet window/ledge?? mommy bird brings home the worms and they slipped into ur house? (juz a wild guess )

LOL you think the birds think my house is a earthworm deposit box ah? nope no birds.. I got motions sensors everywhere in the house, so if got bird, i'll know.

but i find it funny that i can find them in toilet only and not kitchen. i think they crawl up from the manhole. is that possible?

the earthworms usually start showing up dead after i do my monthly chemical clean of the toilet and kitchen. I use a ultra mild solution of hydrochloric acid. 2.5% concentrate only.

Edited by andywee

LOL you think the birds think my house is a earthworm deposit box ah? nope no birds.. I got motions sensors everywhere in the house, so if got bird, i'll know.

but i find it funny that i can find them in toilet only and not kitchen. i think they crawl up from the manhole. is that possible?

the earthworms usually start showing up dead after i do my monthly chemical clean of the toilet and kitchen. I use a ultra mild solution of hydrochloric acid. 2.5% concentrate only.

no idea man... what do earthworms live on? i thot they eat dirt/soil... the manhole u r talking abt is it the small round hole with a tiny-holes cover? there is nothing but dirty water/hair gg down the manhole when u wash/use the toilet. the water wuold have wash them down the pipes isn't it? u tried complaining to HDB?

u got ask ur downstairs neighbour whether they have the same problem too? could be internal building problem.. hdb din do the foundation or watever properly?

they looked like slugs.... eeee

hehehehehehe!!!! This is the funniest thread i've ever seen!!!

sorry...don't mean to poke fun lah.

I have found centipedes in my toilet bowl before, after a heavy downpour, but that was two or three times only.

Does your upstairs neighbour keep alot of plants, is a serious hoarder or a soil-stealer?

Holly molly… :o

I nearly puke when I see the pic… no offence, I would have called a lot of ppl the 1st thin I see that thin crawl outta the toilet bowl.

Pub, plumber, hdb, pest control….anyone, jus to highlight this problem...

And ya, it does looks like earthworm, but can’t be sure.

Earth worm can’t survive in water for more than 1-2 weeks…

Please check with your neighbors, one level high and one level down, call pub, pest control…

Dun live with the problem, need to get a solution…

No idea wat kinda disease(s) they might be carrying…

Hope u can get them fix, by terminating the source (not biweekly cleaning session) :unsure:

i believe noone stays above me. vacant.

now that you mention.. heavy rains. yeah.. but up to 4th floor???!?!?

but complain to who specifically? HDB?

GROSSSS :P

me stay in low flr too leh, very interested to know how/why/what abt this pest issue too.

try PUB, HDB, call the plumber in too..

keep 2-3 worms at least to show them what u r facing... exzagerate a bit la.. say u find them twice a week etc... a few at one time.. got nest somewhere? if no one agrees to help, go stomp, newpaper etc... sure got someone from the authorities reply.

flat upstairs got decomposed body is it? ( think i watch too much crime series..lolx)

another thought, could it be larvae form of some other insect/animal ?

Edited by HanJin

Maybe u can try pouring some bleach in the toilet bowl, everyday b4 goes to work. They won't be able to survive it while u can keep your toilet bowl clean.

Maybe u can try pouring some bleach in the toilet bowl, everyday b4 goes to work. They won't be able to survive it while u can keep your toilet bowl clean.

i think he said they are coming up from the drainage hole....funny hor... dunno how they survive also..

how?

did u ask ur neighbours below ur unit whether the have the same problem?

hmmmm, at least they are not tape-worms hor, coz I watched from Oprah that tapeworms can grow longer than the human they are living in...and they are beige, with a yucky mouth at one end.

I think drainage hole got air flow valve or pipe right?

They need moist environment to survive....I seriously think one of your neighbours has a human waste compost machine; has lots and lots of plants with soil stolen from public grounds; is running a mud-spa or maybe is rearing earthworms for their pet tarantula/bird/chicken....

Have you rang the HDB? Best to highlight this to them and ask them who to call if they can't do anything about it.

Good Luck!!!!!!