Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

Beany and Pet,

Thanks for your advice on the blinds! I'll check out both options.

Beany: Yup, one of those I saw was the outdoor bamboo ones. I think they have to be secured by some hooks that will be placed on the ground level.

Pet: Agreed. Acrylic would definitely be more durable option. Is this the colourful one in the pic you posted?

Yuppers it's the tri-coloured ones that i have. Jimmy textiles allowed me to choose the colours and the proportion I wanted each colour to have. :) I could even choose the string that controls it. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi dyleen

yes i do paint murals, but if u wan this john lennon one i will die! haha...

as for sticker types, i can always customise n get the printing shop to print high resolution for u.

u see blackcar's blog with the Buddha decal?

his about $200 i think but i forgot where he do le. but not by me.

i think do sticker better cos u can change location.

if paint, cannot change le. n will take many days.

sticker less than a few minutes ok!

yah, i also think stickers will be better, can keep changing after few years.

how much you charge if do sticker?

yah, i also think stickers will be better, can keep changing after few years.

how much you charge if do sticker?

wa cannot talk abt $$ here otherwise Adrian will charge commission. haha...

wa cannot talk abt $$ here otherwise Adrian will charge commission. haha...

Aiyah, where got charge commision?

Just admin fee, advertising space fee, booking fee, transaction fee and GST nia! :P

But you my buddy lah, so I waive for you ... in exchange for art lessons! Ehehehehehehehe!

haha AJ, this mural stimulation thingy is really catching on.

maybe u could really consider having new do one for u. it does bring a different feel to the place :)

Just trying out some wall mural designs for fun...

James Dean

jamesdeanwall.jpg

Audrey Hepburn

hepburnwall.jpg

Hey AJ,

Your wall mural designs are nice. But my personal preference would be to have your wife/yourself pics on the wall instead. Think it will have a more homely feel. Hee.. e.g. the Audrey Hepburn one, can be easily done by going a makeover and converting the final pic to a black/white pic. My personal preference la. :D

LIGHTING, AIR-CON AND PARQUET WORKS - 7 to 11 SEPT

More update on reno progress. Last week's works revolved mainly on finishing up the remaining lighting points, final installation of the air-con fan coil units, plus the first round of grinding for the parquet and installation of some additional skirtings around the partition areas. The house's looking more and more complete as the week passes! :)

When we were planning on the lighting for our home, wifey and I decided to not bother too much about getting fancy lights, but rather keep the lighting simple. Thus, for all the rooms, we're using downlights in the false ceilings with the exception of the foyer, common bath and balcony. To break the monotony, and create room for the living room's ceiling fan, a simple cove light was incorporated. We used warm white for the entire house. I foresee that is gonna see some complaints from my mum though. :P

stage2008.jpg

To break the monotony of the downlights, we chose a simple crystal effect light for the foyer.

stage2006.jpg

Air-Con unit installed and parquet floor ground. Seems a little 'smoky' in the room, think its the fumes or vapours from the grinding, which is quite toxic and can consume your nostrils and eyes like teargas.

stage2004.jpg

haha AJ, this mural stimulation thingy is really catching on.

maybe u could really consider having new do one for u. it does bring a different feel to the place :)

Yes indeed. New's kind contributions are really inspiring and infectious! :P

I can't afford her fees though! Kekekekeke!

Hey AJ,

Your wall mural designs are nice. But my personal preference would be to have your wife/yourself pics on the wall instead. Think it will have a more homely feel. Hee.. e.g. the Audrey Hepburn one, can be easily done by going a makeover and converting the final pic to a black/white pic. My personal preference la. :D

Heya Rasp.

My wife and me as a mural? Ahahahaha ... my dear pal New also suggested that, but cannot lah. So pai seh leh. Imagine come into my house see a vain couple larger than life on the wall! :D I think I'll save the 'vain' shots from my wedding album for the MBR instead. Yah, if mural goes ahead, it'll be definitely in black/white/grey theme. Another thing we thought to make it simple would be to do stripes instead.

progress looking good. so next up will be carpentry already hor? when ah?

Carpentry arrived on Saturday. The whole flat looks like storeroom so I didn't take any pics.

They're gonna start fixing up the carpentry from today till this Wednesday, starting with the Kitchen cabinets and Toilet Vanity Tops first.

So I guess by Wednesday, all the fixtures will be in place and the house will be near complete (at last!) :P

Think this week they'll install my balcony grille too. Wanted to leave it open lah, but with 2 'spiderman' kids like mine. Think better sacrifice aesthetics for safety.

yah man!! dun risk it when kids are around. ok ok so by end of week should be able to see your swee swee pics with carpentry liao. must be CLEAR one hor the pictures :x

Carpentry arrived on Saturday. The whole flat looks like storeroom so I didn't take any pics.

They're gonna start fixing up the carpentry from today till this Wednesday, starting with the Kitchen cabinets and Toilet Vanity Tops first.

So I guess by Wednesday, all the fixtures will be in place and the house will be near complete (at last!) :P

Think this week they'll install my balcony grille too. Wanted to leave it open lah, but with 2 'spiderman' kids like mine. Think better sacrifice aesthetics for safety.

Yah thats what I wanted to ask you too

I thought wah got kids still no grille at the balcony area, so daring hahahahaha

Aiya...the balcony grille...does spoil some of your mood ya?....I didn't want to install the grille...cause it make my wife and I sad; it look like jail! lols... but my contractor has already install it...hmm...since our unit is on the second floor...we thought also good lah... install it to prevent the other kinda of spiderman from climbing in when we are oversea. :P