Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

eeks! I specifically reminded Jason when we met last sunday. I told him I can let the guys use my L1 common toilet, NOT the 2 upstairs!!! AND tolong tolong tell the workers not to throw/pour sand, cement or whatever in there!!! Else I will request them to replace if they can't remove during HO.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Talking about toilet bowls.. I saw my old toilet bowls with stain on the very first day the hacking starts.. really gross..

I intend to tape the MBR toilet up with masking tape once it's installed.. And then use a big plastic bag to wrap it as well.. Then maybe tape again.. To ensure no one can use it.. But the common toilet one will still let them use bah.. I find that it's a bit poor thing if they dun have a toilet bowl to use leh.. haiz...

Jason is so brave ah.. *yucks*

wah very nice!! And I see you've covered well.. good work! the 3D drawing is good! What software did smartie use?

I'm using Google Sketchup to do the 3D modeling and another software called Kerkythea to do the rendering of the final output. Still getting to grips with the programs as I just started using them 1.5 weeks ago. Here's the picture for our mbr toilet. Not very pro but at least uncle can see toilet is toilet lah. Haha.

mbrtoilet%203d.jpg

Anyway, when the tilers start tiling the walls, do they usually start from the top and move down to the floor? Or they start from the bottom? That will determine whether the tiles get chopped off at the top or bottom, which will affect the starting height of our horizontal stripe. Can we specifically say how high we want the stripe to be?

Edited by smartie

I'm using Google Sketchup to do the 3D modeling and another software called Kerkythea to do the rendering of the final output. Still getting to grips with the programs as I just started using them 1.5 weeks ago. Here's the picture for our mbr toilet. Not very pro but at least uncle can see toilet is toilet lah. Haha.

mbrtoilet%203d.jpg

Anyway, when the tilers start tiling the walls, do they usually start from the top and move down to the floor? Or they start from the bottom? That will determine whether the tiles get chopped off at the top or bottom, which will affect the starting height of our horizontal stripe. Can we specifically say how high we want the stripe to be?

No kerb?

There's no kerb.. Only lower at the shower area and higher at the wash basin area..

HDB will not allow no kerb below shower screen. Because w/o it will prone to water leaking.

I just found out today because I wanted to remove existing kerb.

Today, we went back to our home to wait for delivery from Estelio, Universal Union and Lighting Centre.. From what we read so far, the delivery is always delayed, so we intended to spend the entire afternoon to wait for the delivery... In the end, all the deliveries were early.. They arrived between 11.30am to 1.30pm when they were all supposed to be PM delivery.. hee..

Bags of toilet fittings..

dsc00255w.jpg

Cool bidet spray..

dsc00256f.jpg

Pretty showerhead..

dsc00254l.jpg

Our "business" bowl..

dsc00252j.jpg

Today, we went back to our home to wait for delivery from Estelio, Universal Union and Lighting Centre.. From what we read so far, the delivery is always delayed, so we intended to spend the entire afternoon to wait for the delivery... In the end, all the deliveries were early.. They arrived between 11.30am to 1.30pm when they were all supposed to be PM delivery.. hee..

Bags of toilet fittings..

dsc00255w.jpg

Cool bidet spray..

dsc00256f.jpg

Pretty showerhead..

dsc00254l.jpg

Our "business" bowl..

dsc00252j.jpg

the package for the business bowl is so CUTE. haha :D

While waiting for delivery, Smartie started to DIY the Marius chair from ikea.. Cheap cheap at $4.90 and Smartie only spent around 5 mins to fix up each chair.. Pretty easy to fix up.. I tried to fix up one as well and I took close to 15 mins.. :)

dsc00262k.jpg

dsc00264u.jpg

After that, we went to Phillips Carnival Sale.. Really a lot of bargains there and some of the good bargains were all sold out by the time we reached at around 5:15pm.. Nevertheless, we still managed to buy a Iron, Home System and a simple phone for Smartie to bring for Reservist...

Chio home theatre system.. Aiming at this since months back and it's close to $100 cheaper at the sale now..

dsc00272.jpg

Some photos of our toilet now.. Still work in progress.. This tiling uncle is very cute and friendly.. Only he worked today, the other worker is somehow on leave leh..

dsc00267vvm.jpg

HDB will not allow no kerb below shower screen. Because w/o it will prone to water leaking.

I just found out today because I wanted to remove existing kerb.

hmmm.. The water proofing is done to the entire toilet flooring isn't it.. Can't seem to understand what diff will the kerb make... HDB has so many rules... faintz...

the package for the business bowl is so CUTE. haha :D

I tot the package always look like this.. We find it so cute that it became our lunch table today.. haha..

hmmm.. The water proofing is done to the entire toilet flooring isn't it.. Can't seem to understand what diff will the kerb make... HDB has so many rules... faintz...

despite waterproofing already done, assuming no kerb - shower screen will end up installed into floor tiles = possible leakage thru the "crackline"

despite waterproofing already done, assuming no kerb - shower screen will end up installed into floor tiles = possible leakage thru the "crackline"

I see... HDB really have tons of ruling....

Finally have some time to breathe apart from reno.. Went to a lot of fairs and sales these two days.. From Phillips Carnival Sale on Sat.. To Mustafa Sale, The Wedding Extravaganza and License to Play on Sun... I love shopping! hee..

Bought a Motorola D2 cordless phone from Mustafa.. cheap cheap..

dsc00278f.jpg

The Wedding Extravaganza is a disappointment.. No Photographers that we expect it to have... And the TV at License to Play does not have the kind of promo and bargains like those IT fairs.. Looking forward to the IT fair to come in June.. Then we can buy our fav Samsung 40" LCD and probably another 32 inch for the room..

Found a clock that we really like at Molecule... But now I realised it's almost doubled the original budget that we set.. But I really love it.. Simple and clean cut.. So Smartie just have to swipe the card.. :D

dsc00279e.jpg

we went to the Mustafa Warehse Sale too and thought the vegetables there were more tempting! lol

the rest are pretty much the same as their mall i feel and we've decided to get out fridge, tv and washer there.

btw, nice clock! how much is it?