Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

Hello everyone!

After lurking in this forum for a few months, it's finally time to start my own t-blog. After 2 failed attempts at balloting, my wife and I started looking at the resale market sometime in Oct last year. We started with Kallang and Whampoa area (which is where our parents are staying) but couldn't find what we wanted. We then expanded our areas of search and started to look at Toa Payoh, Bishan and Serangoon. Visited this Bishan unit in late Dec and we immediately took a liking to it. It's high-floor, north-south facing, view not totally blocked, and in very good condition. Only problem was that seller was asking for a COV which is way beyond our budget. In the end, we did manage to get a lower price but still busted our COV budget by 3k. I told my wife that whatever extra we paid can be saved from doing less renovation, so hopefully that will turn out to be true :)

We exercised the option in early Jan, and after a wait of 3 months, we are finally 3 days away from getting the keys. Our 2nd appointment is on this coming Wednesday. Can't wait for the day to come :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks pinkpetter & mrspiglet!

Here's the floorplan:

flat%20floorplan.jpg

The dotted door in the MBR was the original location of the MBR door. The previous owner has moved it to the corner near the store room, which we agreed it's a much better location (more privacy). Since the place is still in good condition, we won't be doing a major overhaul. Just doing the 2 bathrooms and some carpentry work like TV feature wall/console, wardrobe, etc. Still visiting IDs to get quotes. Will be getting quotes from contractors too.

I have some photos which I took when we visited the flat. Going to take more photos after getting the keys. Will post them up on Wed or Thu :)

Edited by smartie

Congrats!!! Same floor plan as mine!

One question...why is there a door at the access balcony? Did you buy the corridor too?

Are you at st 24 too? =)

Edited by XiaoBinBin

Congrats!!! Same floor plan as mine!

One question...why is there a door at the access balcony? Did you buy the corridor too?

Are you at st 24 too? =)

The access balcony is actually the common corridor, and I think the door belongs to the corner unit. Not sure why it's in our floorplan.

Yup, St 24. We are neighbours :)

WHOAAAA

If I came across this layout when I was hunting for houses I would definitely have considered... NICE! The kitchen is of a very good size and the bedrooms are all about the same size is my current ones.. :sport-smiley-018:

The access balcony is actually the common corridor, and I think the door belongs to the corner unit. Not sure why it's in our floorplan.

Yup, St 24. We are neighbours :)

Hi There Smartie,

Congrats on your new place. It's really a nice layout. Hope you have a great time coming up with ideas for your renovation.

Nice to meet another 'neighbour'. My new place will be in St 24 too. :)

the dotted room -> future room is gonna be there in ur reno or are u taking that away?

The future room is just something extra in the original floorplan. I'm not going to have that.

WHOAAAA

If I came across this layout when I was hunting for houses I would definitely have considered... NICE! The kitchen is of a very good size and the bedrooms are all about the same size is my current ones.. :sport-smiley-018:

Yes, we like the nice squarish layout too. Only bad thing is the MBR bathroom eating into the space of the MBR, which makes the placing of wardrobe a bit challenging. Currently, the wardrobe is at the wall opposite the bathroom entrance, about 8 feet long. Guess we are going to do the same too.

Hi There Smartie,

Congrats on your new place. It's really a nice layout. Hope you have a great time coming up with ideas for your renovation.

Nice to meet another 'neighbour'. My new place will be in St 24 too. :)

More and more bishanites @ st 24! We can have coffee sessions! Hee

Yup Yup I'm excited to see your reno ideas too =)

Hello neighbours :)

adrian_john, saw ur blog. Wow, you can draw very well!

wow smartie, this layout is very similar to my current house (i'm moving to another in few mths) and mrspiglet's too

but my MBR door was perfectly aligned with main door, so no privacy.

congrats on your purchase, looking forward for pics!