Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

congrats smartie. are you excited to get your keys? i help u to countdown..... *Drums Rolls* 2 more days to go! Bishan is a good place to be, its a very centralised area. iszit near to Junction 8?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Definitely excited becos this is our 1st new home together... Great to see so many people living at bishan ya... :)

hi smartie, congrats in getting your keys soon! Bishan is a prime location, with the MRT interchange and (one of my favourite) shopping mall ;) We wanted to get a unit there but eventually not as the price is too high for us.

wow smartie, this layout is very similar to my current house (i'm moving to another in few mths) and mrspiglet's too

but my MBR door was perfectly aligned with main door, so no privacy.

congrats on your purchase, looking forward for pics!

yaya! i was abt to say that too. Same layout as mine, just that my MBR door has been chge by the 1st owner to face bedroom 2 instead. I placed my 10ft wardrobe in bedroom 2 becos of space constraint in MBR as well!

congrats smartie. are you excited to get your keys? i help u to countdown..... *Drums Rolls* 2 more days to go! Bishan is a good place to be, its a very centralised area. iszit near to Junction 8?

Yes, definitely excited! :) Junction 8 is around 2 to 3 bus stops away from our place.

hi smartie, congrats in getting your keys soon! Bishan is a prime location, with the MRT interchange and (one of my favourite) shopping mall ;) We wanted to get a unit there but eventually not as the price is too high for us.

Yes, we paid quite a high price for the location. But having lived in the central parts of Singapore all this while, we couldn't bring ourselves to move out to other parts of Singapore. And we do not want to live too far from our parents too after we move out.

yaya! i was abt to say that too. Same layout as mine, just that my MBR door has been chge by the 1st owner to face bedroom 2 instead. I placed my 10ft wardrobe in bedroom 2 becos of space constraint in MBR as well!

Yah, we are still wondering whether a 8 ft wardrobe is enough for both of us. Anyway, there's another built-in wardrobe in bedroom 3, so we may have to move some of our less-used stuff there if there's really not enough space.

Definitely excited becos this is our 1st new home together... Great to see so many people living at bishan ya... :)

Hehe, you are in.

Everyone, pls meet my dear wife booy :) We will be trying our best to update this blog of ours regularly :sport-smiley-004:

Hehe, you are in.

Everyone, pls meet my dear wife booy :) We will be trying our best to update this blog of ours regularly :sport-smiley-004:

hehehe welcome booy! :)

hehehe welcome booy! :)

Hello pinkpetter... Since there are quite a few Ah Soon's fan here, share with us your story with him... We are still in the midst of deciding between ID and contractor... We have our own ideas of how to get about renovating our homes.. But just afraid that the colour, design and stuff doesn't match well in the end...

Can he gives valuable advice like colour and design combination? Or he just follow and ensure that he does a good job based on what we want?

1 more day to go! :dancingqueen:

Here are the things we are looking to do for our renovation. Hoping to keep the cost to within $15k.

Living/Dining Room

- Design & construct TV feature wall & console

- Polish existing broken marble flooring

Master Bedroom

- Dismantle existing wardrobe & cabinet

- Construct full-height 2400mm sliding door wardrobe

- Construct 1200mm low cabinet

- Install window grille

Bedroom 2

- Construct 2700mm bench cum storage cabinet at window area

Bedroom 3

- Hack existing partition wall and make good

Master & Common Bathrooms

- Hack existing wall & floor tiles

- Supply and lay wall & floor tiles inclusive of waterproofing

- Supply and install stainless steel water piping

- Install WC, basin, heater, bathroom accessories

- Supply and install bifold doors

- Construct shower kerb (MBR bathroom only)

- Supply and install tempered glass shower screen with door (MBR bathroom only)

- Construct 600mm suspended solid top vanity cabinet (MBR bathroom only)

Miscellaneous

- Painting

- Chemical wash

- Supply & lay floor protection board

- Haulage & debris removal

Hello pinkpetter... Since there are quite a few Ah Soon's fan here, share with us your story with him... We are still in the midst of deciding between ID and contractor... We have our own ideas of how to get about renovating our homes.. But just afraid that the colour, design and stuff doesn't match well in the end...

Can he gives valuable advice like colour and design combination? Or he just follow and ensure that he does a good job based on what we want?

hello.. :)

He will give you advice here and there... He and Jason will. BUT they will not interfere with your decision. Maybe they will give their advice once or twice but if you insist, they will do accordingly. But if there is a practical reason for what they suggest, they'll be more "persistant" :) They will give you the laminate and paint samples to bring home and see slowly... so you have time to decide. :)

Hi Booy,

Welcome to Bishan! Glad to meet another new 'neighbour'.

Collected our keys today.. and smartie is snap snap snap all the way in our new home... :yamseng:

Thanks pinkpetter for your reassurance.. Will try to dig Ah Soon out and see what he can do for us..

Adrian_john, there's quite a few bishan people in this forum.. We cab share ideas around... =)

Collected our keys today.. and smartie is snap snap snap all the way in our new home... :yamseng:

Thanks pinkpetter for your reassurance.. Will try to dig Ah Soon out and see what he can do for us..

Adrian_john, there's quite a few bishan people in this forum.. We can share ideas around... =)

Edited by booy

snap snap snap but how come no post?

Hee hee.. smartie snap too much.. so need time to sort out the photos.. He easily snapped 100 I think... Can't be posting all 100.. :D