Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

htb and i wanted to switch tv area in front of kitchen...but having the dining area exposed feels so weird

cant make up the mind haa

You still have some time to think before you get your keys.. Now we have gotten keys, but still cannot decide on ID or contractor... haiz..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
htb and i wanted to switch tv area in front of kitchen...but having the dining area exposed feels so weird

cant make up the mind haa

for me the option is clear, TV area must not be exposed, cos i like to lie down across my sofa to watch tv... abit unglam. :notti:

LOL.. Then your hubby must have a lot of clothes as well.. I will definitely win in my case...

We are pushing the throne to each other. Time to throw away old clothes during shifting too!

Shoes is another one... i confirm win hands down. :P

for me the option is clear, TV area must not be exposed, cos i like to lie down across my sofa to watch tv... abit unglam. :notti:

We are pushing the throne to each other. Time to throw away old clothes during shifting too!

Shoes is another one... i confirm win hands down. :P

Hee.. I'm also another unglam.. I can lie till I look like I'm sleeping on the bed.. So I'm definitely buying a L-shape sofa for this reason..

Think i already gave away a lot of clothes to salvation army during CNY... Must do another round before I move into the new house manz..

Today is a bad day.. Met a contractor and the price is also not that cheap as well.. Called Ah Soon and he was too busy to entertain me as usual.. Didn't call me back till now..

Went to look for hob and hood and ended up realising that our hob and hood size is very "special", hard to fit the existing ones in the maket.. Most probably, must buy back the same hood.. And the hob is also very special, only 1 glassy one that we can choose from... The rest are those metallic ones that I dun really like.. In the end, because they are so special, there is no packaged price that we can take up.. Must pay for them individually... *headache*.. Really feel like knocking down the kitchen cabinets now... :furious:

i am also keeping the old kitchen cabinets, tats y i hv to keep the old hood. and to get a new hob and kitchen basin, i redo my table top lor. tats e only way.

i am also keeping the old kitchen cabinets, tats y i hv to keep the old hood. and to get a new hob and kitchen basin, i redo my table top lor. tats e only way.

Hmmm... changing table top needs money.. Reno budget is only on a cut cut cut basis now.. Cannot increase with new items any more...

Now I dun feel like changing the hob and hood as it's gonna look the same anyway.. Since I'm not going to cook so often I suppose.. So sianz... I'm feeling reno blues even before it's started....

Today is a bad day.. Met a contractor and the price is also not that cheap as well.. Called Ah Soon and he was too busy to entertain me as usual.. Didn't call me back till now..

Went to look for hob and hood and ended up realising that our hob and hood size is very "special", hard to fit the existing ones in the maket.. Most probably, must buy back the same hood.. And the hob is also very special, only 1 glassy one that we can choose from... The rest are those metallic ones that I dun really like.. In the end, because they are so special, there is no packaged price that we can take up.. Must pay for them individually... *headache*.. Really feel like knocking down the kitchen cabinets now... :furious:

poor girl. Ah Soon just lost some stuff so he's very busy today trying to find his customers. I reckon he doesn't save our numbers in his phone until we are "Confirmed" so now he is trying to recall the customers whom he owes quotations to. haiz.

Anyway for the hob and hood... You can get a hob which is bigger cos the hole can be cut bigger. So this should open your options for the hob. As for the hood.... if you can't change it then you might as well just get someone to polish it nicely. :)

Hi Booy, my reno is scheduled to start next week and he has also yet to get back to me on my final quote, poor uncle y'day explained sheepishly that he lost quite a number of his quotes in the cab yesterday, including some contact numbers that he has taken down.

maybe you want to PM me your contact and name so that I he really appear to meet me today (which he say he will) I can pass him your number to return your call.

Morning all.. I know that Ah Soon is busy.. I SMS him yesterday in mandarin.. Hopefully he knows how to access to SMS... I will just try to call him again...

As for the hob and hood issue, heard from Smartie that our hood model is a different one, slightly bigger, so seems like there are more choices to choose from... Looks like the Salesman gave wrong info yesterday.. Anyway, will go to our house to measure the cut out size again and see how... As for the hob, at least there are more choices, so it's still not too bad...

Hopefully today will be a better day ahead.. :)

morn booy! dun think he knows how to reply sms, at most is read only. I sms him b4 but totally no reply. End up i just call, faster. haha!

i think he can read sms...he ever ask me to send him simple sms, maybe he got his son to read?

but he don't reply...probably he didn't know how to...call him, it's faster this way :)

poor girl. Ah Soon just lost some stuff so he's very busy today trying to find his customers. I reckon he doesn't save our numbers in his phone until we are "Confirmed" so now he is trying to recall the customers whom he owes quotations to. haiz.

Anyway for the hob and hood... You can get a hob which is bigger cos the hole can be cut bigger. So this should open your options for the hob. As for the hood.... if you can't change it then you might as well just get someone to polish it nicely. :)

Actually, the situation is not that bad. Because we cannot find the model no of our existing Fujioh hood, we took a photo and showed the salesperson. The salesperson guessed that the model is FIT-150 and mentioned that if we want to change, we have to buy back the same hood to be safe as the 890mm width cannot fit most other slim hoods today which are 900mm wide. Problem is FIT-150 is an old model and harder to find, so it's more expensive and there's no package price if we get that, though the good thing is it's made in Japan vs the current model (FX900) which is made in China.

When I went back home last night, I searched the internet for more info on FIT-150. Turns out that the photo on the net does not match our existing hood at all. So I'm 100% sure our model is not FIT-150. Digging further, I finally found a photo that resembles our hood the most. The model no is FIT-9 and the width is 900mm, which means we actually have a much wider range of hoods to choose from.

You all can take a look at the photos and be my judge :)

Our existing hood

kitchenhood.jpg

Photos of FIT-150 and FIT-9 on another website

Moral of the story: Don't trust the salesperson 100%. Take their advice with a pinch of salt.

oh wow!!this is really a move in condition...first look i thought these are post reno photos....

u still need to do any other stuff?

mrspiglet, familyof 4: He asked me to SMS him.. that's why I SMS him leh.. Still trying to call him ya... haiz...

Precious: From far, the furnishing are OK... When you look closer, you will see scratches liao.. haha... But this is 100% before reno look.. No Photoshop... :)