Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

if you ask me, i thought the 2nd one looks better. more modern imho.

The second one looks a bit more squarish... More modern indeed.. And the backrest is very comfortable.. Smartie loves the feel of it.. But somehow I like round round things, I find them cute.. haha...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

XiaoBinBin: The first one has a better arm support indeed... Good for napping!

Pinkpetter: It has around 10 to 15 colours to choose from, like black, different shades of brown, beige, red, white, grey and some bright colours that you see here.. Most prob we should be choosing something light brown to match our theme bah..

Heya Smartie and Booy,

While waiting for my son who was having his Speech and Drama classes nearby, I also popped by Katong Mall and Casa Italy to just look-see and try out the sofas. Yes, as Pet said, I totally agree the 2nd sofa is by far more comfy. But honestly, IMHO, the white one which Booy mentioned is the best among the lot, and if I recall correctly, its going at a very low price, which probably explains why the ladies were hogging it.

Yeah, don't fall for all the salesman's 'last day/only for now' tactics. Its always a hard-press sales tactic to get you to commit. Strangely, when I was there, the sales guy didn't really bother to serve me (which suits me fine so I can look around in peace). Maybe I look to shabby, poor and fierce. Haahahha! :)

Edited by adrian_john

Heya Smartie and Booy,

While waiting for my son who was having his Speech and Drama classes nearby, I also popped by Katong Mall and Casa Italy to just look-see and try out the sofas. Yes, as Pet said, I totally agree the 2nd sofa is by far more comfy. But honestly, IMHO, the white one which Booy mentioned is the best among the lot, and if I recall correctly, its going at a very low price, which probably explains why the ladies were hogging it.

Yeah, don't fall for all the salesman's 'last day/only for now' tactics. Its always a hard-press sales tactic to get you to commit. Strangely, when I was there, the sales guy didn't really bother to serve me (which suits me fine so I can look around in peace). Maybe I look to shabby, poor and fierce. Haahahha! :)

Hee.. Tat's why I wanted to drop by Casa Italy again to see see look look... But the white one is a bit too small for our living room, needs to custom make it to be bigger.. Dunno if it will add on to the price or not...

Hee.. Tat's why I wanted to drop by Casa Italy again to see see look look... But the white one is a bit too small for our living room, needs to custom make it to be bigger.. Dunno if it will add on to the price or not...

mmM not sure if this experience helps. When I was at Casa Italy (the same outlet) the sales guy was a little pushy and used "that day only" tactic on me as well. My dad liked a wardrobe they had and asked if he could add some shelves inside and he said it will be an additional $200. Since we couldn't get what we really wanted, we didn't purchase from them.. mm

mmM not sure if this experience helps. When I was at Casa Italy (the same outlet) the sales guy was a little pushy and used "that day only" tactic on me as well. My dad liked a wardrobe they had and asked if he could add some shelves inside and he said it will be an additional $200. Since we couldn't get what we really wanted, we didn't purchase from them.. mm

Yes, agreed with Pet.

The common sales tactic is to make people 'gian' or feel they're missing out on a 'good deal' or 'limited stock' and make an impulse decisions. If you can't get what you want (price or otherwise), or if they try to throw other tricks like give you your price but charge you additional 'delivery and installation' charges, just walk away. :)

Thanks Adrian, Pinkpetter.. The sales guy at Casa was indeed quite pushy.. Insisted on us to confirm before he can tell us the best price.. And also kept telling us the same bull**** like it will increase in price another day.. That day was the BEST price.. But well, I'm not too "gian" so that didn't work on me... I'm smarter after my experience with my Bridal Studio... I signed the Bridal Studio contract without Smartie's around because I'm "gian".. :dribble:

This time round, with Smartie with me, he's too smart to be cheated..

Today wasn't a good day for Smartie and myself because he lost his car key... And we spent hundreds to change the car lock and alarm system in the afternoon... We wanted to go S&C since we went to Sin Ming to fix the car.. But due to time constraint, we didn't manage to go in the end.... And the best part was, the car key was later found in the evening and the police informed us as we made a previous report on that.... :bangwall:

Now Smartie is still lamenting that the money is around 40% of washing machine or 50% of coffee table or 20% of TV or 20% of sofa...

Today wasn't a good day for Smartie and myself because he lost his car key... And we spent hundreds to change the car lock and alarm system in the afternoon... We wanted to go S&C since we went to Sin Ming to fix the car.. But due to time constraint, we didn't manage to go in the end.... And the best part was, the car key was later found in the evening and the police informed us as we made a previous report on that.... :bangwall:

Now Smartie is still lamenting that the money is around 40% of washing machine or 50% of coffee table or 20% of TV or 20% of sofa...

wow very dramatic day for you.

s&c is closed on mondays.

I was there last sat and was surprised to see SO MANY CATALOGS. We were so lost about choosing a round or rectangular dining table.

Melvin even discussed the pros n cons then help us colour coordinate with our new sofa.

wow very dramatic day for you.

s&c is closed on mondays.

I was there last sat and was surprised to see SO MANY CATALOGS. We were so lost about choosing a round or rectangular dining table.

Melvin even discussed the pros n cons then help us colour coordinate with our new sofa.

Really eventful day! But at least the car is still there not stolen as the key was lost very near it... So it's a blessing in disguise..

I tot I saw S&C opened as we drove passed today.. hmmm.. Anyway, luckily we didn't go, or else it might be a wasted trip... I also heard there's a lot of catalogue.. I have a coffee table in mind, wanted to try my luck there.. Looks like Melvin is quite nice after seeing a lot of comments on him :)

I was there last sunday....... we pick up 2 addtional dining chairs... wow.. i was very impressed with the catalogues. Lots of selection.

He recommended a round coffee table...........which look exactly like a OM one. I was impressed........ he said same same. Cost only 200........ in OM, it was 599 or 499........

I am still mulling over that one.......

In short, S&C is a good stop. We realise it is cheaper than the Nova, Star, Novena...etc... and they carry prob the same range......... all from same manufacturer.

Really eventful day! But at least the car is still there not stolen as the key was lost very near it... So it's a blessing in disguise..

I tot I saw S&C opened as we drove passed today.. hmmm.. Anyway, luckily we didn't go, or else it might be a wasted trip... I also heard there's a lot of catalogue.. I have a coffee table in mind, wanted to try my luck there.. Looks like Melvin is quite nice after seeing a lot of comments on him :)

Yup ;) Must see the bright side of things ya? Though it was bad luck but at least it wasn't worse. :)

I think it's important to shop in twos at least... usually shopping alone leads to impulse buying. :)

Yup ;) Must see the bright side of things ya? Though it was bad luck but at least it wasn't worse. :)

I think it's important to shop in twos at least... usually shopping alone leads to impulse buying. :)

Yah, I'm trying to get over it. At least I didn't lose my car or any valuables inside.

I'm not really an impulse buying person... So even if I shop alone, I'm quite safe :)